Reviews for Dark Alley
Hobbs chapter 20 . 12/15/2011
First off, let me say that I love The Unit. I have all the seasons, and I've seen them at least four times each and craved every moment of watching them.

Now, I may never find a fanfiction about The Unit that so brilliantly portrays the characters as you have now. I'm often a critic about Unit fanfics (It's hard not to be), and point out lines and such that wouldn't sound right for the characters. You nailed it right on the head. Molly's understanding and respectful way to find out what the operators are feeling. And then Kim's rage at Betty Blue's cold manners fit her like a T.

And then, you take Betty Blue, one of the most mysterious members of Alpha Team, and flesh him out. In the show, I always felt like Betty Blue had an underlying pain that he had to constantly lock up so that it didn't cripple him. Your descriptions of his pain about the loss of Hector, having to kill one of his own brother in arms and friend, and his coldly logical outlook on life, devoid of any emotion, was perfect to describe him with. Again, outstanding work.
lynnmovielover chapter 20 . 1/2/2011
Really nice ending to the story where Charlie finally comes to terms with what he does and with Hector's death. It really brings his story full circle. You have a wonderful ability to bring emotion to the writing and your sensory descriptions bring the reader right into the story. Emotional pain is really brought to the forefront without obvious techniques. There was a lot of heart in this story. I sense your affinity with the character of Charles Grey. You are quite a talented writer. If you don't already have one, get yourself a good editor and you'll have yourself a new career.
lynnmovielover chapter 19 . 1/2/2011
I had tears in my eyes when I read the part where Grey talked about Hector. Well done!
lynnmovielover chapter 15 . 1/2/2011
You outdid yourself in this chapter. The description of Grey's life both with and without Hector just by the possessions each kept in their apartment was brilliant. The poem with the dedication by Annie when she said good-bye was gut wrenching and beautiful at the same time. WOW!
lynnmovielover chapter 11 . 1/2/2011
"You can't trick instinct." Great line.
lynnmovielover chapter 9 . 1/2/2011
In chapter 9, I like the insight into Grey's past life before joining the army - step fathers, etc...
lynnmovielover chapter 8 . 1/2/2011
The last paragraph of chapter 8 was great. Very descriptive picture of Grey's physical reaction to the time spent with the doctor and his questions. That description fits the character to a tee.
lynnmovielover chapter 7 . 1/2/2011
I liked the part in this chapter where Charlie thought he'd seen Hector and he was coming back. "Just a nick in his neck, so he couldn't talk." I really liked that line in the story. It was very moving, showing how much Charlie misses Hector. Nice touch.
lynnmovielover chapter 3 . 1/2/2011
I really liked chapter 3 of the story. With the explanation at the beginning of this chapter, I started to understand a little more about what was going on with Grey. I could also really experience the feeling that Molly was showing for him. I'd been trying myself to think of a way to describe Grey's eyes. The word "obsidian" is excellent. I'm really starting to get into this story. I can't wait now to read more.
elouise chapter 19 . 9/21/2010
Thanks for the great story - bittersweet that the next chapters the last but its been a great ride. Thanks.
elouise chapter 16 . 8/19/2010
OMG Grey is totally breaking my heart. He's so emotionallly detached from himself and absolutly haunted by the past. Poor Kim. Question is will Bob find out and if so what will he have to say. The little hints at what happened to Grey are driving me mad wanting to know whats going to happen to him. Will he make it back?
Elouise chapter 15 . 8/3/2010
Thank you for the dedication and for introducing such a beautiful poem. I had never heard of the author or poem before and am grateful to discover him now. As always you manage to bring great emotion to your writing and expand on the characters beyond what was portrayed in the TV series. Also love the suspense of whats happening to Grey and where its leading to.
elouise chapter 14 . 7/28/2010
been away so only managed to catch up today with last couple of chapters. Which were heartbreaking and brilliant. Love the way Bob was there to take care of Charlie. Also thought Kims reaction was completly natural and real and to be expected of a mother. Left me wanting more as usual.
elouisea chapter 11 . 6/15/2010
Hope you are able to update soon as I really enjoy following this. You have a good command & use of language and the story flows really well. I like the back & forth between the present & what happened to Carlito. Really intriguing.
elouisea chapter 8 . 4/30/2010
Another great chapter - what can I say I'm a huge fan of this story and totally hooked. Please update soon.