Reviews for The Case of the Detective from the States
AdidasandPie chapter 11 . 3/29/2010
Woah, we're getting into the thick of things now. I'm thoroughly enjoying this.
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 10 . 3/29/2010
*whistles* Not sure I'd want to be partnered with a man who shoots his visitors, haha. But at last it seems we may be getting to the meat of the story. I'm interested to see what Chief Reed will have to say on the matter, though I can't imagine he'll be apologetic (he didn't seem the type). I'm feeling much the same way Jack is, I'd imagine: "Quick, let's go! Move, move, move!"

Can't wait for the next chapter! :)
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 9 . 3/29/2010
Oho, what terrible things people are saying about Jack. This has me very curious indeed. And absolutely befuddled by Holmes deciding to trust the fellow. Oh, I just hate it when he knows something and won't tell others! I wonder just what he found out...

Wonderful. I'm on to the next one!
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 8 . 3/29/2010
Oh my gosh, you nearly gave me a heart attack. I thought Lestrade had been shot! Thankfully not so; what a wonderful job on Mr. Holmes' part! But I do have to wonder... Was Lestrade shot at because whoever it was is after the three of them? Or was he shot at because in the gloom, he might have been mistaken for Jack in much the same way that Watson mistook Jack for Lestrade? *rubs hands gleefully* I do love that you're making me think. And I agree entirely with Indignant!Gregson; Jack's not giving them much to go on, is he? Hopefully he'll keep his promise of revealing his secret in the morning.
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
Ha! I love that Watson thought Jack was Lestrade when he first woke up - wonderful. And I find it hilarious that Watson seems more assured of Holmes' ability to take care of himself than our two Scotland Yard Inspectors. And now I'm really, extremely curious as to just what's going on! Why is Jack concerned for their safety? *fidgets* Oh, I just have to know.
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 6 . 3/28/2010
Yes, yes, why IS dear Lestrade siding with Jack? I'm still sticking with my idea of relation, though I'll be interested to see how it pans out. Oh, by-the-by, I love Concerned!Gregson; the fact that he's so indignant over everything and yet still slightly worried over Watson was very nice. And what's this about the windows, eh? Hopefully not airguns! :)

Lestrade's behavior is about as confusing to me as Jack's. I'm growing all the more curious as this fic progresses. But, sleepy time for The Boys.

*tiptoes quietly to the next chapter*
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 5 . 3/28/2010
Awkward dinner is awkward. Haha, seriously, I loved it. Holmes' general "pf... whatever" attitude was kind of funny and I enjoyed Lestrade's little bit of bantering with Jack. I'm very curious as to why Jack was so eager to get home-I'm wondering how or why any possible assailants would know the four are there (if it is indeed them they are after). Even more curious is the fact that he chose to walk! Hum, doesn't trust the cabs, perhaps? And poor Watson! Aw... Jack's being an insensitive meanie.

Well done, once again. Onward!
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 4 . 3/28/2010
"...the closest thing you've got to family this side of the Atlantic..."

This side of the Atlantic, eh? Well, what about the other side of the Atlantic? Or the hint of British accent in his voice? I think Watson's very right to wonder!

Gosh you update quickly. On to chapter five!
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 10 . 3/28/2010
Alright! Let's get rolling, here. This is moving pretty well, so far. More, please?
AdidasandPie chapter 10 . 3/27/2010
Plot development! Oh my. I sure don't mind the updating sprees- quite the opposite.
AdidasandPie chapter 8 . 3/27/2010
M- the intrigue continues. Perhaps Lestrade isn't directly related to Jack. but they've got to know each other somehow. Or Lestrade just has some serious insight.
AdidasandPie chapter 7 . 3/25/2010
Ah! A cliffhanger. And just as I was getting really into it. Well, I shall have to wait. It's been excellent so far.
AdidasandPie chapter 6 . 3/25/2010
Oh, geez. So I had a hunch Jack and Lestrade were somehow related, but I just realized his name is Jack L. L, like in Lestrade. I feel SO very intelligent right now (I wish there were sarcastic font).
AdidasandPie chapter 5 . 3/25/2010
This guy is so mysterious! Gah! What's going to happen? Oh, wait, I can just read the next chapter.
AdidasandPie chapter 3 . 3/25/2010