Reviews for The Case of the Detective from the States
AdidasandPie chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
Yes, odd indeed. This should be interesting.

I liked this line: 'Apparently in no mood to be incredulous'.
Revriley chapter 7 . 3/25/2010
Hmm...I'm wondering...are Jack and Inspector Lestrade somehow related? Anyway, I'm very interested in the story (as Lestrade and Watson are my favorite characters), and I'm always relieved to find a notice in my inbox saying that you've updated.
Aragonite chapter 5 . 3/25/2010
Well well well.

Things must be hard indeed if it isn't safe to take a cab...
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
Whoa. This is getting better each moment. More, please?
aragonite chapter 4 . 3/24/2010
oh.

Now I am seriously seriously caught up in this plot.
Aragonite chapter 3 . 3/24/2010
?

!

*!*

OK. I am in over my head and perfectly happy about it. Can't wait for the next chapter!
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 3 . 3/23/2010
*dramatic voice* The plot thickens.

Anyway, yes, I'm sure now that Jack is a Lestrade. I'm wondering what sort of relation he is, though. Cousin, perhaps? Or nephew, because he's younger? Son? I suppose I'll have to wait and see. I have to say, though, that this business with a bunch of dead detectives has got me wondering-especially since Chief Reed seems to eager to cover it up. And that Conner fellow, as well! He's behaving oddly. Well... everyone is, actually. *laughs* I really want to know what's going on; you've got me scouring for updates.

There were two matters that somewhat confused me, though. The fact that Jack dragged a body in with him, and the fact that he leveled a firearm at his superior and got away relatively scot-free. I'm wondering if this all has to do with the strange way they're all acting? Under ordinary circumstances, as a detective Jack would've known not to disturb a crime scene by dragging a body away (even if it was his partner) and would most certainly have been detained, if not arrested, for so blatantly threatening his superior. But this could very well all be attributed to that strange behavior (considering Holmes, Watson, and Gregson reacted in what I would consider and appropriate manner) so if it is, just ignore this. My mind's running all over the place trying to figure this story out, haha.

Very much looking forward to your next update! :)
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 2 . 3/23/2010
A summons from Boston, just after Gregson mentions the States. I think Watson may be on to something with that hunch, haha. Hum, I wonder what could have happened that warranted calling for Holmes and Watson? I really can't wait to find out! I'm interested by "Detective Jack L." was well. The fact that he didn't include his last name is highly suspicious. The fact that Holmes accepted the invitation must mean he knows more than I do. *laughs* But I think... this fellow is a Lestrade. He MUST be. If he is, I'm extremely excited by that prospect! And if not... then I'm extremely curious as to who he is! XD

Can't wait for a Chapter Three!
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Ooh, even the summary has me all atwitter. Boston? And those four all headed there? You had me right there. Boston's my city! *grins* And Lestrade's offer to Gregson certainly has me intrigued. Very interesting indeed! I doubt it's anything devious on Lestrade's part... but I'm eager to see just what it is. And now you've managed to make me worry for Gregson! *laughs* I'm headed straight on to Chapter Two!
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 2 . 3/23/2010
Of course it is... NOT! I can almost see where this is going. Good job on leading out with Gregson's problem, first, so as to seemingly connect these two. More, please?
xxClosed Accountxx chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Great start! Please continue writing and post the next chapter soon.
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Ooh, what's coming next? More, please? Very inocuous beginning, btw. Well done.
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4