Reviews for Any Road Will Take You There
d1x1lady chapter 20 . 11/24/2013
Love it! Your stories never disappoint. Amazing writing.
Chocolate and caramel chapter 16 . 11/6/2013
Huh, Jim does remind me of Harry... and a bit of Artemis Fowl.. God, could you imagine the two of them met?
Eris Dea Disaccordo chapter 20 . 10/20/2013
Oh my god. Oh. my. god.
Ohmygod!
Jim *is* the Boy Who Lived, isn't he?
HAHAHA!
This totally made my day!
Good job!
E
emma94 chapter 16 . 10/2/2013
The minute kirk said something about being famous for something he doesn't even remember i thought of Harry Potter and further down u mentioned it - i got a bit of a kick outta that one.

This story really good so far, the rest of is gonna be interesting i think.
Kelmin chapter 20 . 9/29/2013
This was a terrific read, from beginning to end. Your take on Tarsus was chilling, as were the bad cadets. It's sad but true that there are people like that out there.
By far my favorite aspect of this story was the camaraderie between Jim and Bones. They were perfect foils for each other's strengths and weaknesses, and everybody won in the end.
Gary was interestingly creepy, though he proved which side he was on in the end.
Halfway through, I realized I'd read this story before, maybe on LJ or AO3, but I don't think I'd read it very closely or carefully before, which it so deserves. This definitely is on my faves list!
Kelmin chapter 19 . 9/29/2013
I really want to hurt Jim's old roommates right now.
I was actually wondering, earlier on in the story, why trapped people weren't being beamed out.
And, I'm loving that the conversation was recorded.
But sad that there's only one more chapter.
Kelmin chapter 18 . 9/29/2013
It's too bad they didn't already have McCOy's MCI protocol in place.
The earthquake was perfectly foreshadowed-just enough talk of earthquakes but not heavy-handed.
And Gary's telepathy, or whatever it is, continues to be juuuuust this side of creepy, though maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Enjoying this story a lot!
Kelmin chapter 17 . 9/29/2013
Gary is interestingly creepy. And hurray, Bones has stopped thinking for a little while!
Kelmin chapter 16 . 9/29/2013
I loved Boyce calling Bones out on his poor bedside manner, because in this scene it really is atrocious. And, I equally enjoyed seeing Bones know exactly how to take charge.
The Jim Kirk/Harry Potter analogy is compelling-thoughI suppose the "wronged as a child, then gets to kill the villain" is kind of a literary archetype. (Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya...) Anyhow, loved the picture of Bones reading Harry Potter, as well as the notion that the series is classic literature in the same way as Mark Twain.
Kelmin chapter 15 . 9/29/2013
I love that Bones said no. It was totally the wrong time, especially since it seems that Jim still doesn't know what all happened the night he was drugged; what he said and revealed.
And, I forgot to mention in a previous chapter, that I really appreciated that Jim's stepfather wasn't an abusive drunk. I think that gets overdone.
Kelmin chapter 14 . 9/29/2013
I really loved how almost everything Jim said had two meanings.
Kelmin chapter 13 . 9/29/2013
Wow. A sinister and fabulous take on Tarsus. Well done.
Kelmin chapter 12 . 9/29/2013
ANd now I think maybe Bones is seeing why some specialties other than orthopedic trauma surgery might be useful... Very powerful chapter,
Kelmin chapter 11 . 9/29/2013
Yikes.
If whatever happened here was done by Finnegan, a line has definitely been crossed. Sure, Jim crossed a line too, with his little B&E plus itching compound stunt, but he wasn't trying to harm Finnegan.
In my EMT training, the instructor gave us a scenario designed to make people who don't think really hard fall into a set of assumptions that endanger the patient's life: a homeless-looking person, lying unresponsive on the sidewalk, smelling like alcohol. The real story was that yeah, he'd had a couple drinks, but then he'd been assaulted, and had a serious brain injury. This chapter reminded me of that, and of course Bones figured it out.
Kelmin chapter 10 . 9/29/2013
One thing I'm enjoying a lot about this story is how you show Jim and Bones as each having their strengths in areas that the other isn't strong in. Their skills complement each other.