Reviews for The Wise Man and the Fool
Laurie Jupiter chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Holy...oh my god. This fic was even better than the ending of the actual book itself! I swear this should have been an epilogue, but this part would have been the only redeeming feature of Breaking Dawn.
At last, the Volturi has been shown to be competent and calculating - it really shows us *why* they have survived for so long. It's also interesting how you decided to explain how Renesmee's abilities could be the downfall of the Cullen clan, I certainly never thought of how her powers could be used like that. You also addressed every flaw and weakness in the Cullens' abilities - something I have always wished to see in the books. You have also provided a great explanation as to why their secrets have to be kept from humans, and how they can get past the Bella Swan loveshield of doom.
I find that the Volturi making a tactical retreat at the end to be much more in character than it being just a defeat because they were overpowered by the 'speshul snowflakes'. I just cannot believe that vampires that have existed for a millenia could be undermined that easily. I hope you do a follow-up sequel to this story someday! It would be nice to see the Volturi take action and the utter devastation that would follow once all the Cullens and their allies crumble from their mistake.
Your writing is good, but I have spotted some technical errors here and there (punctuation missing or just some typos), I know it's minor but I thought you should know so that it doesn't happen for the next fic you write :). I know how that some things can slip past your eye at times. But really! Great job! I hope to see you write some more! :)
meri47 chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
This is FANTASTIC. I never thought of Renesmee's powers being like that, but it makes a horrifying amount of sense. Though to be fair, I thought that Bella's about-face on the subject of children was just for plot convenience. I wish that this had a part II, where I could read about the Volturi putting their plans into action. Far too often are the Volturi seen as ineffective, but they haven't lived this long for no reason!
Keep up the good work!
DandyGirl chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Amazing amazing amazing. This is one of the best Twilight fics I've ever read. I would kill to see the Volturi's plans carried out in full, but this is beautiful.
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Amazing, amazing story! I never really liked twilight, especially bella and her 'super speshel snowflake' powers to make everything work out, but the volturi have always intrigued me. I think they could have made such badass and epic characters, and their powers were infinitely more interesting, not to mention they were actually like vampires. I hated how breaking dawn made them look like weaklings.

I love how epically everything was planned out. It's amazing just how much the cullens have missed (I noticed some points you mentioned, but I completely missed Joham and his daughters. That is epic!).

I'd love to see your ideas come to light in a full story, but I think being allowed to imagine it is also just as pleasing. thank you for this awesome story!
VivienneLaFaye chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Oh, what a wonderful piece of fanfiction! I'm just enthralled.

I love how Aro thinks. And Edward. Dear Edward. I always knew that he would become a great liability, if only someone could see it.

I'm not all that fond of him. He's too arrogant. He thinks he knows people because he was able to read their minds. Tsk. Tsk.

I would have liked to see some action, but it doesn't matter because this is still great!
Arizo chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
This. Is. Brilliant.

I love how you portrayed Aro. I do. I really do.
mscalliope chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
All I can say is that Twilight would've been an excellent book had you've been the one to write it (my English is horrible, do ignore it). You're very intelligent and really creative (I don't know why, but I find myself thinking you would've been a great battle strategist xD).
Mad for Beyond Birthday chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
You lovely, lovely woman -

This is wonderful. I have, admittedly, read Twilight and the sequels following its horrid "plot," but this...this has made all of it worth that. This story is how it should have ended, and I'm so glad to see it.

Please, I beg of you, make this a multi-chaptered story. Or at least give it a continuation. I love this and will enjoy any further shows of how astonishing the Volturi COULD have been had Meyer not been a bloody idiot. Really, it's amazing how you worked with the logic everyone can see that Meyer couldn't, showing exactly how wonderful actual research and practice can be.

If I had a hat, I'd tip it to you. For now, you'll have to make due with my gift of a lei. -Throws it at you-
ni chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
I LOVE IT~! :D :D This is wonderful, thank you! I figured the Volturi would just regroup and pick the Cullen's friends off one by one, but this-! You handled this way better than I could have imagined! It's lovely! and it fits the cannon so well! Can there be more...? :3 I'd love to see Bella's reaction to certain doom. And Renesmee in Volturi uniform-now that WOULD be creepy! :D
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
I'm quite sure you single-handedly redeemed Breaking Dawn and it's sad fart of a climax! Excellent stuff... and jesus, Aro is bad-ass in this.
ivyvoltera chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
this was actually EXCELLENT! Viva Volturi! i could only hope they show a scene like this at next year's BD2..much like the end credits of BD1. It could be a possibility since Edward in the book stated "I’m sure they’ll recover from the blow someday. And then . . .I imagine they’ll try to pick us off separately.”

nice one ;)
TheOneTrueDestiny chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Wow. Just... wow. This story makes Aro look like frigging Makuta from Bionicle and Terumi from Blazblue put in a blender. And how I would love to see the results of this new army collection! You are a really good writer. I can't find any spelling mistakes, the dialogue is good, and your story is just damn enjoyable. Even die-hard fans of Twilight would enjoy this. Thank you, sir!
black mage wannabe chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Loved this fic! The Volturi had the potential to be so badass but because everything must work out perfectly for Bella, nothing ever came of it. But you fixed that with this! Aro was just awesome throughout this and I also liked how Caius got more determined and into the plan as the plotting went on. Overall a very interesting idea and a well written story. I'd love to see some kind of sequel, perhaps a confrontation with the Cullens after they've gotten Benjamin and the others on their side, but this does stand well on it's own. Great job!
MalattiaeMorte chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Brilliant. I despise Twilight with a fiery passion; but you have neatly tied up all of the loose ends. I would love to see this become a multichap!
happy ametuer chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. The only flaw I can think of in this strategy is that Alice would notice people's futures suddenly disappearing and look to see if the Voulteri have a future but as long as key figures they know are in plain sight and others that she doesn't know are the ones recruiting those half-vampires then the Cullens won't notice until it's too late. After all, even Victoria of all people could work her way around Alice's future sight.
54 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »