Reviews for Shasta Trinity
MeghanInBlack chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
Read the whole thing over several day and I gotta say, time well spent. You have an interesting plot point, decent pacing, you keep the characters recognisable and you write in a neat and concise manner.

I very much enjoyed this, Jjob well done.
HoratiosBabyMama chapter 15 . 4/15/2013
Adorable oblivious boys!
Valex Charme chapter 6 . 7/12/2012
Keelah! I love how dynamic Veetor's character progress is. I think he's written so well by you!
Meridian Prime chapter 15 . 5/27/2012
I love this story! I hadn't even thought about this pairing before, but you have converted me. I especially like how you kept everyone so in character.
Espanglish chapter 15 . 2/18/2012
I was thinking the other day that it's a shame that there isn't a lot of Kal/Veetor fan stuff about, then I found this.

This my dear, is one of loveliest, well written stories I've read in the ME fandom. You make it believable, hell I think this will now be my head canon for Kal/Veetor!

I love how you wrote Veetor's journey from the unstable and shaken quarian he was after the attack on Freedom's Progress to a strong, brave (yet still fragile) man during and after the events of Shasta Trinity. The thought that Kal, the gruff and tough marine, was the one to help Veetor heal along the way is undeniably adorable and wonderful. Also, that Veetor, despite some ups and downs along the way, helped heal himself with his determination to help his people and because of Kal makes me extremely... can't think of the right word but happy would pretty much describe all my feels. XD'

From the moment I heard Kal's voice over the radio in Tali's recruitment mission I was hooked on him and he became one of my favourite (minior) NPCs. How Kal is in your story, to me, is completely believable because although he is a battle-hardened marine, you can see that he has a soft, caring side (if his appearance in Tali's loyalty mission is anything to go by) but I'm glad you still kept him as, well, Kal.

I'm sure like any other fan of ME, I like to read smut and such but I also liked that their relationship wasn't rushed, it was so sweet and fluffy. *squee*

I'm not usually fond of OCs, but if done right and they don't take focus off the main characters then I usually tolerate them (on rare occasions, like them) but I pretty much loved all of the OCs you included, even the female turian. I like the bits you added in of her parts of the story, I thought she was very interesting.

I was honestly, completely, surprised that you included Shepard and the gang! Didn't see that at all but I was so :DDDDDD when they appeared, and you added all of them (even if they had little parts, everyone was included) it was a lovely touch.

I've waffled on a bit but all in all, I utterly love this story and I hope one day you come to write another fic on Kal and Veetor (maybe something sexyyyyy~ ohohohoho 8B).

There should be more Kal/Veetor fan stuff out there but I'm so glad I found this.

luna chapter 3 . 10/3/2011
through some shenaniganry with a search engine, i ended up reading the third chapter first, and was absolutely enamored with it. you writed veetor's PoV very well, despite any misgivings you might have about the diificulty of it.
Loki chapter 15 . 8/16/2011
You know, I don't play Mass Effect, mostly because I am not fortunate enough to have a gaming system beyond my computer. A friend was playing and I just happened to catch the scene where Shepard finds Veetor at Freedom's Promise. An obsession was born. I love him SO DAMN MUCH. And then, to my dismay, I find there is virtually NOTHING about him! No art, no fics...

And then I found yours. My god, this is SO well written and realistic. I think it is just about perfect. You breathe real life into a couple of very cool side-characters. And the way your write Veetor's instability, the way he thinks, is simply brilliant. I have a real thing for the kooks and you do him SO well. And the contrast and similarities with his and Reegar's social awkwardness is inspired.

In short, I LOVE this story. It consumed me for a few days (between work and sleep) until I finished. Thank you for this, truly!
Whil-o-whisp chapter 15 . 4/24/2011
Oh my goodness, Keelah, this was amazing. I started reading this as just an 'eh, read a short thing before bed' kinda thing and I didn't notice the length. I mostly read it because I'm a HUGE Veetor fan, and I like Kal alot. So, about two chapters in I wondered, hey, how long is this. FIFTEEN CHAPTERS! AT first I didn't want to finish. That's a long story. I decided to stick it out for a few more chapters and see how it went. BEfore I knew it, it was 7 a.m. and I'd stayed up all night ( and left my me2 game running for hours. oops). I know, long review, but this was so good and so amazingly written. Your veetor is perfect, your kal is indepth, and I love it so much. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. You've given me a new favorite pairing for Mass effect.

Keelah se'lai, Whil
random A chapter 15 . 12/24/2010
wow. just wow. you did a good job. and stayed in character, with the limited amount of time we got in the actual game to get to know these characters. congrats for making me ship Kal/Veetor. can't wait for the 3rd game!
Eipok chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Oh come on, what kind of ODST is he? Scared by a simple drop? Doesn't sound like the Dutch I know. Doesn't sound much like Jayne, either. Or Kal. I guess you were trying to make him easier to connect with or more human or something, but this is Adam Baldwin we're talking about!
Dazja chapter 15 . 11/13/2010
I love this fic and you are awesome for making it. Sequel would be boss
A Handful of Words chapter 14 . 10/25/2010
"The acute awareness of how closely they'd come to losing the other was the little push they needed to get them started, though. "What the hell," Kal'Reegar said gruffly, "I'm already in a hospital." He reached up and popped the seals of his visor."

Would it be too corny to say that when I first read this part I SWEAR I could hear this in the backround:

Plus, Veetor's little retaliation made me think of Tali's romance scene. KUDOS TO YOU for making me ship Reegar/Veetor.
A Handful of Words chapter 13 . 10/25/2010
This chapter, with the crew of the Normandy coming in for a rescue, is kind of how I'd like to portray the squad when I attempt to write my fic.

What I mean to say is, who say's Shepard can't send out three of her team to do a mission on thier own or have her entire squad on one mission at a time?

I loved this specific chapter, because of the action and the characterization, both for the two quarians and the crew of the Normandy.
A Handful of Words chapter 12 . 10/25/2010

Pardon my language (what with you stringing me along on this WONDERFUL plot) but: .

You sure know how to drop the ball and drop it WELL, my good sir/madam. BRAVO.
A Handful of Words chapter 8 . 10/25/2010
"In a way, his emotions were like separate entities in his head, and this new one that commanded his blood to hum and his heart to race when Kal was near was one that Veetor was not acquainted with at all."

Ok, so I'm probably NOT the only one to say that I really REALLY like the pacing and the style in which you write this...slightly unorthodox romance.

I mean, Reegar and Veetor? I wouldn't have been able to imagine it if someone had asked me to, but thank's to this little fanfic, it' probably all that I'll ever think of. (Now I'm wishing I hadn't misplaced ME2 so I could go to the Flotilla. Siiiiigh...)

You show and tell in your writing, whereas some authors might do one or the other and I LOVE the way you weave in and out of the character's points of view. I love the way you began this romance, and I love the way it's headed. The pacing is excellent, and Veetor's attempted characterization of his infatuation with Kal is simple heart-meltingly adorable.

Was it just because of that scene in Tali's trial that made you want to write this?

Any suggestions to a (soon to be) Mass Effect 2 fanfic writer about how to write from a character's point of view, other than Shepard's? I've got good notes on the ME2 squadmates, but I'm still a little stuck on trying to dig deep and find thier...voice, I suppose.

I'm attempting to write a ME2 retelling fic that does focus on Shepard, but also goes into some inter-party bonding or mutual understanding. I felt that, aside from the loyaly arguments, the squadmated didn't really interact all that much.

Any feedback you could give would be great. Happy writing!