Reviews for The Silent Ninja and the Brilliant ginger
Guest chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
"A Snake Eyes and Scarlett pairing"

Then base it on the Marvel/IDW comic book, not the film

"I like the blending of continuities from comic to movie"

Why do you people do this? The comics and the movie can't be mixed, there too different and it makes no sense.

"I would be interested in seeing a nice resolution between her and Ripcord. I like what Marlon Wayans did with the character, and I think they'd make great friends, but I'm with you...Snake and Scarlett all the way. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they pushed Ripcord on her in the movie, other than Marlon Wayans is a better actor than Ray Park and thus would provide better character interaction, tension, and nuance."

Oh please, why did they even bother with “Ripcord” in the movie, for one thing he wasn’t black or part of the Joe team when it was first formed. They revamped a C list character that really had no strong presence in either the comic or the cartoon in order to shoehorn slapstick “comic relief” down our throats. From what I saw, the character served absolutely no purpose in the film, other than being annoying and bombarding us with sophomoric attempts at comedy.

In the film Scarlett and Ripcord are basically like two flirty teenagers, whereas with Snake Eyes and Scarlett, it's something much deeper than just words, and that's why people like it so much.

"It would be interesting if she were racist and had to deal with the potential consequences in her career or social life. Though racism is completely out of character for her in canon, for a fan-fiction, it might even make for an interesting major character flaw rather than her being miss noble hero girl all the time."

Just shut the hell up

I'm sorry, but there's no way Scarlett and Ripcord would be evenly matched in a fight. She's beyond him
StarliteOracle chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
love this
moodymel chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
That was a great Snake Eyes & Scarlett story. Good job.
Storyseekr chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
This is a fun little character driven story. I like the blending of continuities from comic to movie, and I praise you for going ahead and taking Snake Eyes' voice from him rather than the goofy vow of silence.

Speaking of language, here's my one ? moment with this fic. I know she loves languages, but...why would she call Ripcord a 'slave'? A racist reference to his heritage? Slave to his emotions for her?

If she's referring to Ripcord's emotions. I think I can buy that it fits her character, as she's already and insecure, socially awkward perfectionist in the movieverse. Though it's a jolting and awkward term to read, especially since I didn't read her using archaic language noticeably anywhere else in the fic. I could only assume that you were wanting to make some kind of point about languages you like or perhaps her and Ripcord as characters but were awkward yourself in how you wanted to express it.

Keep up the writing. :)
Oi.its.AJ chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
i like it!
Invalid Surver chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
aw! that was amazing! great job on it too! :D

oh i love snake eyes! please... for me... do another one! i loved it! :D