Reviews for The Heart of The Family
Tani May Trybrand chapter 74 . 8/20/2011
You did a great job with this story. I am going to miss waiting for the next chapter.

Continue writing,

Tani
Bakoneko chapter 74 . 8/16/2011
Awwww, yay! Wonderful ending to a very powerful and enjoyable and touching story. I haven't been a good reviewer at all; I tend to let updates stack up until I have some time and then plow through a whole bunch at once. But I am always happy to see a new one from you! And you get a big gold star for taking on a concept as huge and complex as this and seeing it through. Thank you!

I look forward to your future updates (and new stories!) with great anticipation!
mendenbar chapter 74 . 8/15/2011
What a fascinating and wonderful trip this has been. Thank you so much for writing it. I have been so swamped lately (it's the season of the hyperactive garden) that I am a couple days behind on everyone. It is nice to know that there are "angels among us," at least for Lance Sweets. And you have explained so much of how Lance became the person we know. I always like to understand someone's past.
TheVulcanPrincess chapter 74 . 8/15/2011
I love the ending. (Well, the whole story, actually.) Although I don't review often, I've been reading this story since nearly the beginning. Getting to the end of the story is like saying goodbye to an old friend. You did a great job! I laughed, I cried, I smiled.
lives in the now chapter 74 . 8/15/2011
Nice ending. The idea that David and Carolyn would make sure their son was on the road to a positive place before 'moving on' was totally believable to me, and the visual of them leaving as B & B arrived was striking.

Hacker passing the buck-also believable :)
peanutmeg chapter 74 . 8/15/2011
Thanks for posting such a great conclusion! I love how David made it so Sweets got the assignment, and the descriptions (again) were great! This story was wonderful to read, and the conclusion certainly lived up to the stellar quality of the previous chapters! :) Thanks again!
fatewalker chapter 74 . 8/15/2011
The End.

I had to read it twice before I decided that I was okay with the supernatural-esque influence of Lance's parents, but...it works. They somehow had to be involved in his getting there.
Rankor01 chapter 74 . 8/15/2011
great epilogue here. I don't usually put much stock in the supernatural in the bones universe, but I think it added a nice touch here. Sweets can learn a lot from the two of them, and so could B/B learn a thing or two from him, should they be inclined to give up a bit of their stubborn pride. I really liked this fic and background into Sweets' past, truly I wish Hart and Co. would explore some of this on the show.
TheLadyBlackhawk chapter 74 . 8/15/2011
:( I am sad that it is over. But I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.
peanutmeg chapter 73 . 8/14/2011
Thanks for the update! Sweets' emotions were wonderfully written, and I love how you described him falling into a safe routine - it's typical Sweets :)
lives in the now chapter 73 . 8/14/2011
This has been a wonderful story, and while I'm sorry to see it end, Lance had to reach the next step in his journey. This was a good chapter, closing one door and opening another. I think meeting B & B shakes him out of his comfort zone :) Thank you as always for your fine writing, it's always a joy to see you in my mailbox.
Rankor01 chapter 73 . 8/13/2011
good bridge chapter here. I like how you tied things up and let into Sweets' life in the FBI. I also like how you pick up the ball with April and show us how Sweets would be perceived in the Bureau, a characterization that I completely agree with. For all his intellectual achievements, you can't put a timeline on the emotional maturity, and though I can see Sweets trying his best to put on his big boy pants, his early scenes with B/B showed him to be remarkably flustered by B/B and their antics. I think showing that he had gotten the same thing, but perhaps to a lesser degree makes sense. Even Booth I think basically called him a portable lie detector, which is a left handed compliment at best. I think it took a long time for the team to see the person behind the psychologist and very young adult.
TheLadyBlackhawk chapter 73 . 8/13/2011
So there it is, the end, the most cannon version of the childhood of Dr. Sweets. I will be sad to see this story go, but I have all your other stories to look forward too :D.

It would be interesting to see Sweets get the file on Booth and Brennan and his thoughts on the matter, as well as his point of view during that first session. I mean he was blatantly bullied by Booth that very first session :(
fatewalker chapter 73 . 8/13/2011
Is it wrong that I'd almost rather Lance have some angst (minor, of course), rather than being comfortably numb?

Only one chapter left - did you ever think your first fic would be quite so epic?
mendenbar chapter 72 . 8/10/2011
The seedling begun by Andrew's maltreatment is reinforced by Kate's unfeeling selfishness. She needs someone to "blame" that her child had a mind of his own so she lashes out at the only victim available to her - the non-family member, Lance. She can't blame Peter, he is her beloved son. She can't blame her husband, he is dead and we never speak ill of the dead. Elizabeth is an obvious innocent so she can't be blamed and to blame herself is unthinkable. Lance makes a perfect scapegoat.

On the subject of dealing with deaths, you do learn to live with it, but occasionally, it will come back full-force, but with the distance of time, the hurt is ameliorated with love. Lance will find this even as he finds his new family: the Squints and Booth. Peter will be the tie that bridges both.
641 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »