Reviews for Grammatica
percabeth4ever-jasper4ever chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
This story was amazing. I dont complety unferstand, but i get the jist of it. I think youre saying that artemis and holly are two people that like run on sentences go against the rules. That question how society works. And that their relationship is outside of tradition because it is not accepted just like a fragment.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Kudos indeed...
golden-perception chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I think I've finally figured it out.

Holly is the run-on.

"A run-on sentence personifies the defiance of rules."

Holly disregards orders when she feel it nessicary.

"It refuses to be corralled and … and captured by the limits of common law."

Holly always believes is doing the right thing, even if it is against the law. She also refused to be resign to being captured in book one. She knows she can find a way out.

"Why should anyone care how long those or how much those sentences come together, without any out-dated punctuation to stand in their way?"

Holly is the first female in Recon, and refuses to let old fasioned prejdices and sexist beliefs stand in her way.

On the other hand, Artemis is the fragment.

"A fragment is the guardian of the pure, unelaborated essence of the sentence."

Artemis is not one to show his tru emotions, but when he does, it is easy to see they are genuine.

"It refuses to listen to the grammatical authority, showing all that it is the very root of sentences."

Artemis enjoys defying odds and proving people wrong.

"The fragment says to you, I am outside of your rules, your laws, your traditions."

The law is not a hindering for Artemis.

What do you think? Is it right?

Wonderful story by the way!
freakyvampirecatgirl chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
at the end, you forgot a period, and broke a LOT of grammatical rules...
xXSanctusAvaritiaXx chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
"Sounds"

"Bad"

"Capture"

"I am outside of your rules, your laws, you..."

(Ok, that's purely gibberish/fragments from your story)

Is Arty saying goodbye to Holly?

Is this even a game?

I like it! So much like Artemis...

This is one way to say goodbye, isn't it?

Now, Kudos to you...

Anastasia Nikoleta chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
okai i realise that this is a metaphor for holly and artemis, but which part of speach is each character? cause i can't decide, they both fit so well. please tell me...ingenius story by thye way, artemis would be proud of you :)
Terry the Terryble chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I am assuming that Artemis is musing on the fact that he is SAYING goodbye, or Holly is saying goodbye. As in a "goodbye forever" sort of way. Interesting format and stuff. Interesting story.
bandannagirl chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Wow...you are a dreamer (referring to your pen name)

anyways on to the story,

i think this is about both of them isnt it?

because, even in run-ons there are fragments. and these fragments make a whole.

so i'd say that holly and artemis are the fragments.

Both of them together make a whole.

This:

"A run-on sentence personifies the defiance of rules. It refuses to be corralled and … and captured by the limits of common law. Why should anyone care how long those or how much those sentences come together, without any out-dated punctuation to stand in their way?

A fragment is the guardian of the pure, unelaborated essence of the sentence. It refuses to listen to the grammatical authority, showing all that it is the very root of sentences. The fragment says to you, I am outside of your rules, your laws, your traditions." - goes for both of them. They're both unconventional and both of them ignore rules, defy guidelines

and ignore others opinions.

The last lines ("While the run-on...nothing to stifle it.")signify what thy are as a pair...neither lessens the other, rather brings out the others qualities.

Did i say too much?

hope i'm right though. ;P
xybolic chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
This is brilliantly written. At first I didn't realise what I was reading. Grammar lesson? Then I remembered. Oh, I was reading fan fiction. Oh,I get it. Holly is fragment. She is considered an outcast in the LEP. She's different. And she defies tradion and laws.

Artemis is the run-on sentence. Common law is beneath him.

Very good symbolism.
Kitsune Heart chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
...I am going to feel so stupid if I don't get this, so let me think...

Okay, so we have Holly as the run-on, a whole being that is so full of its wholeness that nothing can cut it apart and make it less. Even the rules and conventions of the world are not able to stop the run on which-though it is technically flawed-is utterly appealing.

Whereas Artemis is the fragment. Short, terse. Perhaps not perfect, but powerful. Removing all of those extraneous things that follow the created conventions of writing, merely doing what must be done.

Congrats. You won author and story fav in, like, a few hundred words.
The Creatress chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
LoL! You are BRILLIANT! So after the first read, my interpretation would be: Artemis Fragment, Holly Fragment, Artemis and Holly Run-on sentence. And screw you, Lynne Truss? LoL :P

I love this love this love this!
Illiteracy chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
What an eloquent way to symbolize. Although I may be wrong (most of the time I am), there are many deep interpretations into this fic. Although my possible explanations will be nowhere as beautiful or patient or (slightly) kind as yours (I believe it will sound slightly crude in comparison), I hope to be able to share the knowledge with others.

"Alas, this is one kind of sentence that's frowned upon by all societies, no matter what language it's in." Because criminals are never accepted.

"A fragment is rejected by both norms, simply because no one can figure out what to do with it." Perhaps it could do with how Holly is a female, yes? Assuming, of course that the fragment is Holly. Holly has always been rather blunt, hasn't she?

"A run-on sentence personifies the defiance of rules. It refuses to be corralled and … and captured by the limits of common law" Artemis, the defiant outlaw, criminal mastermind. He has never been the conventional person.

"A fragment is the guardian of the pure, unelaborated essence of the sentence. It refuses to listen to the grammatical authority, showing all that it is the very root of sentences. The fragment says to you, I am outside of your rules, your laws, your traditions." The conventions of the fairy people, and all that is said and done with humans.

"And yet, these outlawed forms of expression have no place in society - despite the fact that it was the very society that spawned these relationships between sentences. Oh, no, that was a conveniently ignored fact." The relationship of the two. Artemis, the burgeoning anti-social, and Holly, the female elf.

I think run-ons and fragments are a beautiful thing.
R. Reynolds chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Congratulations. I can officially say that this is the only anything that can make grammar sound interesting. I sort of wish I had come up with this for my English teachers. Oh, well. Good, although the relation to the characters was a bit vague. Perhaps next time you should dumb it down for the general masses.

Another issue. At times, the word choices were slightly contradictory. For example, certain parts were absolutely wonderfully poetic. However, in the next sentence, the writing style seemed very childish. I do not know if this was intentional, but I suspect that it was not.

I look forward to seeing stories from you in the future. Work on making connections, and you could be an excellent writer.
The Tantalus Complex chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Is this a really long metaphor saying Artemis is the run on sentence and Holly is the fragment? There might be a deeper meaning, but it is hard to determine. Interesting Analogy though...

Logan1047
Forever Day chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Is this something to do with Artemis Holly's relationship? The way it was society that pushes them together, and the way they don't quite fit.

Sorry if I got it wrong, it's late.