Reviews for Round Here
leahcim chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Great writing once again, my dear!

What I really liked about this, besides the repetition of the word 'and' (which I thought in the end was awesome) was that Dean's prime goal was to get Sam out of the panic room. Just being in the room for short period of time was enough to do Dean in but, yet, he stayed. Sat down with Sam, put his arm around him and just let Sam grieve.

Really great stuff. Bobby was good and funny, too.

Once my wife made me lemon bars from scratch. I prefer them out of the box.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Angsty is right!

Sigh!

These two get to me so much, and especially in a story like this!

I hope they win. They have to win!

GREAT story!

Love, Robin
Ser chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Wow. This, "Because he'd take Sam as-is. There was no changing who he was or who he'd become," is great because THANK YOU, someone finally pointed that out. Normally it's all, 'that's not really Sam, not really Dean's brother,' but it so totally is. Just...older and more battered. Besides, even though it's unhealthy, angry Sam is badass.

I loved the lemon bars (and now I'm hungry), and I loved the determination despite his impatience that you gave Dean. He needs that back, I think. And then in the end when Dean didn't haul Sam out of the panic room but rather stayed with him, that just about had me tear up. It was like they were brothers, and not two guys trying to make each other the way they think the other should be.

My review is mainly messy rambling, but in a nutshell I'm saying I loved the story. Beta or no beta, it was really good. :)
SKJ-H chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Can't wait for Thursday too!
Maz101 chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Ah! Tu as reuissi tout seule!

It is a great tag.

Love the simplicity of the lemon bars - lemon bars mean care and love and the past (my kids imagine that making something from scratch actually means opening a packet and adding one ingredient too - but hey, it's the thought that counts I always think!).

Love the repetition of the word 'and' (no double quotation marks on this funny keyboard in France, comes out as instead - sorry - I know it might annoy some people! ha!) - very effective - gives it a rhythm and draws me in to want the resolution.

Loved...'He wanted to be able to erase the stain from his brother's blood.'

Love the 'package deal'and 'Mopsy' made me smile.

THANK YOU lovely for the 'okey dokey'- I squeed a little bit!

'I got to know how the story ends."*sigh* yeah, me too!

LOVED 'The distance was short, walking in space where only the moon could look down on them, angels getting a better view.' ...nice to refer to the angels - to remind the reader of that element of the Winchester story.

Loved the physicality of their touching when Dean tries to help Sam up - your descripiton of where they touch - the detail of how they touch - brings the moment into the sharp focus that Dean registers I think. And then he simply stays instead. Very moving.

So thank you for another great tag - very beautifully done.
TraSan chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Wow - you delivered.

Emotional one-two punch!

I alternately teared up, laughed, snorted, and wanted to cheer. That's quite a bit of reaction packed into a tag - and what a tag to this episode.

Spot on.
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
I loved it!
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
I found this story entirely enthralling, and I enjoyed every word of it. Your descriptions were very interesting, and your dialogue made me laugh. I love the use of "ands" when talking about Sam's relationship with Dean, and the original suggestion of the idea from Bobby. And of course, the lemon bars. I'm favoring this because I think it is worth a second (ahem... billionth) read, and I just want to say that I found it fabulous! Great work!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
I've enjoyed reading the different tags to this episode.

Yours definitely captured the despair the brothers are both feeling.

Nice scene between the brothers in the panic room.

I really liked Dean's thoughts at the end of this story, 'And the best way to win that fight was together. In reality, he just wanted his brother. This brother.' Perfect.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Amy Renee chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
What a great scene. I've read a few MBV tags now and this is one of the best. As always, I loved your writing style and way with words and the feeling your story creates for the reader.

I enjoyed how the brothers admit some realizations about one another as well as themselves, and their brotherhood prevails.

I also liked Dean's efforts: the lemon bars and especially going back down after Sam even though Sam was 'suppose to figure it out himself... No matter how badly the 'war effort' is going, how hopeless and dead inside one might be, and no matter what one has done, they are still brothers and still adhere to that, to each other.

I loved when Dean said "Yo go, I go" and Sam's admittance and Dean's response was great. It felt so symbolic, like they could be talking about more than one thing.

Great insight into Dean and a great ending as well.
carocali chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Really nice tag. I love the idea that Sam couldn't let himself get over this - still tortured for his actions, even if they weren't his fault.

And Dean, trying to be all stoic by standing his ground, buying lemon bars to coax Sam out of the room. It's the little things.

Lovely to see a story from you! Looking forward to more tags!

;D

Caroline
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Very good, dear. I always thought that Sam would have run over someone in his haste to get out of that room, but this idea makes perfect sense.

There would be a lot to process...a lot to worry and feel guilty about. The future to wonder about. Would it all happen again? Would he become Lucifer's vessel? So much on his mind.

Lemon bars. Nice touch. :D

Terrific ending, too. Always love those brother moments like that. :D

Nicely done. :)
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
I adored this Blair.. I've read a few tags to this episode... but this one got me the most. It was perfect. Thanks for that... oh and I so loved Bobby's Do I look like a chicken crack... just perfect! :)Gidge
nolongeractivedfgdfgd chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Loved this. You nailed each and every character which is hard for people to do. A lot of the times, they get Dean right and Sam wrong, or Sam right and Dean wrong, but no, you nailed them. And Bobby! You're a triple threat! LOL. Anyways, the overall tone was angsty, but not overly dramatic. The breakdown at the end was handled perfectly, Sam wasn't wailing like a girl, but you could sense the despair in the way you wrote it. I really, really loved it. This was perfect. I'd love to see a scene like this in the show.
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
-Bobby's eyebrows raised. "What do I look like? A chicken?"

This made me snicker. It was so Bobby ;)

-"I'll let you get back to your baking, Julia Childs."

Oh you do have Bobby’s voice so perfectly LOL

-Sometimes Bobby wasn't that big of a help.

HA! I love this transition from his earlier sentence about Bobby being a great help.

-"And I'm tired."

And I really do feel that from him, poor bastard

-spaghetti arms

Suddenly I heard Patrick Swayze in my head. I know that has nothing to do with the fic but I just had to say that LOL

-Sam shrugged, chanced a glance at the door, then back to Dean. Eyes on him, red, but dry. Exhausted beyond words. "Okey-dokey."

AW :) Nice

This was great. Sam’s little break down when he clutched at his brother was just heartbreaking and made me want to hug them both. This was really touching. I loved Dean’s thoughts too about wanting Sam the way he is now. And I thought it interesting that Sam talked about not asking Mary to just not have him … I hadn't thought about that either actually. Good thinking :) Great story! Cant wait for the new episode :D

Tara x0x