Reviews for Nightmares Past
Blessed Unrest chapter 14 . 11/17
This was by far my favorite chapter. I'd like to think that behind that mask of stoicism he's VERY expressive about what he wants and does not want, and him writing a letter that pretty much said "fuck off you bastards you're not coming an inch towards her" was immensely satisfying to read. And then I promptly laughed when he burned it all the shreds and sent a single word back because he (being the succinct man he is) didn't think they deserved a single word more because they were that pathetic.
I don't know what to make of tsunade here, i mean she just give in to the elders and sasuke's demand just like that? Come on, she trained sakura just to be a baby maker? Sigh! I just hope naruto would be in gaara and sakura's side!
I think you should make her fall in love with you gaara hmm
Damn you sasuke! That's so mean...
bloomsburry chapter 18 . 8/22
Too bad this wasn't updated for a long time...this story has so much potential!
Side-Eyes chapter 18 . 5/15
This is scary relevant given the current state of the manga...
SLS chapter 18 . 5/8
Pleeeeease continue..this story is nothing less than amazing. My heart soars just reading.
TailFear chapter 18 . 12/8/2014
Well, damn, now I miss being in the desert - especially the sunrises & the sudden, almost startling, moment of warmth that occurs as soon as the sun is far enough above the horizon, even when the desert you're in is at altitude & leaves you freezing again as soon as that moment is over. I've been away for too long & missed this story when it was newly posted, as well as a few of the others, & I'd almost forgotten just how much I love to read your writing, especially where this pairing is concerned. I'm happy to have been able to come back to your work & continue to enjoy it, but it makes me a little sad at the same time that I ended up falling out of touch with you (due to car accidents, being injured, & what life has now been handing out in general). Your work in minimalism here is very good, & it definitely draws the reader in more & more with each chapter in the best of ways. I'm wishing for more, even if I know it to be unlikely to happen by now, given the 4 years between the last update & now. I hope that you're doing well & are happy, & that one day you'll see this little message from an old lethal_empathy friend. 3
randomosity69 chapter 18 . 11/26/2014
This is amazing. Yet another GaaSaku you've clinched perfectly. I love the way you write emotions.

I think I hate Sasuke in this. And Naruto's coming? I wonder which side he's going to take - I can't imagine him giving in to Leaf, he loves Sakura too much for that.

I like the pace of the relationship. And that they're having problems - the past coming to haunt from Gaara's side, and worries of future from Sakura's side. Real relationships have kinks to be smoothened out in time; only idealistic ones would be flawless, and there's just no draw in reading something fabricated. The weight of truth in this story is solid and comforting.

A little disheartening to see it hasn't been updated in so long, but I'll hold on to my hopes. An encouraging review might work miracles after all.

You're very, very, very good at what you do. Please keep at it.
Fallacy chapter 18 . 10/28/2014
I've been a fan of your work for the longest time. I'm so incredibly heartbroken that this story hasn't been updated in four years, but here's to hoping that you'll finish this story eventually? You're an amazing writer!
Kurai Ummei chapter 18 . 8/12/2014
Cliff hanger of multi-year doom! Heartless!
Yakame Seika of the Wind chapter 18 . 7/24/2014
In believe I have made a mistake in carving up on this
S chapter 7 . 4/10/2014
Ok prologue is sorted.
S chapter 6 . 4/10/2014
Birds of prey, snuggly, and Kankurou yay
S chapter 5 . 4/10/2014
Can you feel the love tonight