Reviews for Nightmares Past
Marichatsaviour101 chapter 32 . 3/31
Damn, this story was... unexpectedly delightful and just what I needed. Originally I stared clear of it, when ever I saw the description, and I don't exactly know why. It sacred me that there would be hella angst, and I couldn't do angst right now because my life has been a terrible rollercoaster and people I care about are terribly ill. I needed fluff and lots of romance to help balance me out. Your story was a surprise so much so that I think I should give the others I was avoiding a chance. I am a person who generally hates Uchiha Sasuke to my guts, but from other stories I read, I got the impression that he could be mostly reasonable when it comes to love an shit, cuz he doesn't know about it thus doesn't care. So I came here giving him the benefit of the doubt, safe to say the side of my brain that cusses him out on a daily was very much preening over him being an ass. I tried to be reasonable but it just wasn't to be. I absolutely love Gaara and Sakura's relationship. It was so damn sweet and filled with trust and communication with each other. And the fact that they were going at it like rabbits just makes me wonder what Boruto's Sakura would think of it. And if she'd be a tit bit jealous. Anyways that's enough ranting. The only thing I wish was included is na introduction to her parents. Kizashi is a fun dude and him being overprotective of his lil princess would've been the cherry on top. Especially with the Sasuke situation. And the overall seize up Mebuki and Gaara could of got into would've been hilarious. But oh well. Thanks for writing this story and fanning the flames on my gaasaku cravings.
spamari1181 chapter 31 . 9/18/2021
I love the emotional depth and insight displayed by the characters, not only innthis chapter but the entire story.
Though I get pride and appearing collected and unaffected, but I still don't think Leaf should have gotten off as easily as they had considering the destruction (physical and emotional) left in Sand.
DaniValero chapter 32 . 8/22/2021
Buenísima historia, tienes que estar orgullosa. Buen hilo argumental
Lost to the Hoping chapter 32 . 8/19/2021
I absolutely loved this story. Not only was it wonderfully written, it was full of character development, and the serious consideration of things I personally struggle with. It's beautiful, intangibly, and otherwise. Thank you so much for sharing it. Thank you for writing it, and making it amazing.
spamari1181 chapter 24 . 7/30/2021
This was a wholesome chapter but it's title is as ominous as it is appropiate.
spamari1181 chapter 16 . 7/30/2021
This chapter was heavy and emotionally complex but that ending made me laugh.
spamari1181 chapter 8 . 7/30/2021
This chapter was cathartic.
spamari1181 chapter 3 . 7/30/2021
I think I am falling in love with the writing and syntax.
spamari1181 chapter 1 . 7/30/2021
Okay hands down this first chapter was great. I'm not always a fan of abstract narrative but when it is written interestingly like this I find I enjoy it.
mightgaiishot chapter 32 . 5/6/2021
I am so honoured to have read this story. I came across at a very unstable part of my life were I was doing my own self-reflection and going through a stressful transition of my life.

Reading these character have such honest, in-depth moments to look back on themselves, their mistakes, and others involvement in a healthy way was satisfying to read. To read them come through on top and finally grasp their own happy ending even more amazing.

You cannot separate the author from their work, and even when the artist distances themselves from their work, their essence bleeds through. And after finishing their story, I can happily say they're someone I'd enjoy listening to talk and hear their opinions. Maybe even be friends. If they are as genuine as their work, they're probably a pretty awesome person.

I hope I was able to convey how enjoyable this story was. Also, great smut by the way. It was well written, tasteful, appropriate. A bit vanilla but definitely a step up from other authors saying cringy stuff like “core” and “manhood”
geotic chapter 32 . 4/22/2021
I really enjoyed this story and I appreciate seeing both Sakura and Gaara making this kind of progress in healing and moving forward with their lives!
Guest chapter 27 . 2/14/2021
Dude, just realized the startling parallels made between Naruto and Sasuke and the older generation, Hiruzen and Danzo.
Runashi chapter 32 . 11/13/2020
I really like how you tied up everything perfectly. The characterization of each focal characters are deep. For example before they're in deep, Gaara copied the medical discussion with Sakura into scroll then buried it without anyone knowing. Then several chapters later, he recover and burned it once he truly believe Sakura involvement in Suna' hospital. That is such a detail thing that impressed me so much. And the closing where you doesn't forcibly put them into marriage (yet) and with OC' children are lit. I really love this. Thanks for sharing your hard work in FF.
JeslynBoo chapter 32 . 10/26/2020
Oh, wow- CONGRATULATIONS! I hope completing this feels at least as satisfying for you as a creator as it does to all the readers, whenever they started this story. This one really stuck with me, so also THANK YOU
thejoth chapter 32 . 10/20/2020
I’m writing this review on a bit of a whim so I do hope it reaches you well. This story was overwhelmingly meaningful for me. I’d started reading it back in 2012 on a complete whim while recovering from a surgery and I’d never quite forgotten it, even when I saw no updates in quite some time. It didn’t matter. Every few years I’d return to this and to your past works and I’d enjoy rereading them because I thought they were intricate and brilliant character studies and plotlines that were never rewritten.

And then, in the summer of 2018, I found myself coming back to this story in particular after a traumatic set of incidents that made my life change overnight. To my shock, I’d seen that it had been updated.

Following your updates ever since then had made my transition in this new stage of my life so much easier to bare. I’ve been thinking recently about how I would always be a silent lurker, reading fic and thinking my god this is brilliant, surely they must know how brilliant this is. But as a writer myself, I know that not to be the truth and I know what it means when someone lets you know how something you wrote may have impacted them. So to you, the writer of this story, I want you to know that I am thankful. Without you realizing it, you returned to this piece of writing it when I really needed it. I’m not sure what brought you back to it at that exact time but it really served to guide me through a really difficult time.

A note on the story itself: I sincerely hope you write political fantasy stories professionally or something because you’re really amazing at it. Wow, top to bottom, the story is impressive. Even the older sections have held up against the test of time. Your ability is amazing.

Thank you once again. Sincerely. It meant the world to me.