Reviews for Nightmares Past
jacpin2002 chapter 32 . 5/13/2020
Fantastic story. One of my faves for all time.
Aelibia chapter 32 . 5/13/2020
You did it! I'm so proud of you!

Ends: TIED.
Weaves: SNATCHED.
KagamiPINKAgreste chapter 32 . 5/13/2020
The last sentence is beautiful. - After the second year, they started seriously discussing adopting one of Sand's orphans. -
Eclipse shadows chapter 32 . 5/13/2020
Holy. Shit. You don’t do anything by halves do you? That was one of the best chapters I have read in my entire life, in any work of fiction. This was one of the first fanfics I ever read and one that haunted my waking dreams with its themes, visuals, and horrors, but also with its love, healing, and redemption. I don’t think I will ever forget this story, and while heartbreaking and tragic in some ways, it’s so hopeful and healing in others. Thank you for sharing your wonderful gift with us. I will miss this.

“The relief to being with him, she knew, was knowing he would try—knowing the worst parts of him had been inflicted on him by other people, but also knowing he wasn't willing to be defined by them.” So many absolutely fabulous parts in this story, but this really resonates- not being defined by the past, other people, or even the present. May we all aspire to this.

Thank you, I will be rereading this in years to come.
yourmainsqueeze chapter 32 . 5/13/2020
I come here a lot to reread how & why over and over, and I occasionally reread your other stories too. I had just started a reread of this again when you posted the final chapter. Thanks for finishing it. It has been years since I read or watched Naruto, but I still enjoy reading your characterization of Gaara and Sakura so much.
Lucy chapter 32 . 5/13/2020
I don't know if this is ur last update or not, but seriously thank u so so much for putting time, effort, hardwork and thought into this. It's wonderful and beautiful and I absolutely adored it
lovelylifeforall chapter 32 . 5/13/2020
I recently learned one of my favorite authors decided to stop writing. I’m not sure if that’s your plan, but if it is I just wanted to offer my own words of appreciation for everything you’ve done.

You have such an elegant way of writing. For a story about two people who have limited interaction in the series, you’ve built a whole world for them to meet and learn more about each other and that’s such an amazing feat. But you keep their thoughts and emotions realistic through every situation they’re in and it’s made these characters feel real in my mind.

What an amazing way to end this behemoth of a story. To see you go from HowWhy to Nightmares Past has been such a wonderful journey to witness.

Thank you for writing. Thank you thank you thank you.
Lucy chapter 32 . 5/13/2020
Omghgggggg you updated. Can't wait to dig in
Medea chapter 31 . 5/12/2020
When are you gonna update? This is so good!
glossary chapter 1 . 2/4/2020
i'm so excited to read this! you've always been one of my favourite authors and i think you do gaara's voice so well, i love the complexity of your narrative voice and i don't doubt any change that happened in the inbetween years will be just as interesting and fulfilling as what you've written before
Pink chapter 29 . 2/2/2020
You got me into Gaasaku when i was just a kid and its very nostalgic to return to this fic and catch up on whats been happening 10 years later. I love action and adventure but most fics ive read dont paint a clear picture for me. I usually struggle to understand where legs are kicking, bodies twisting, etc. But this chapter in particular really wowed me. I could clearly follow what was happening in the building and the trapped confines with Gaara. It was emotional and awesome. :) this isnt complete, but i hope it will be one day. Even if it ends here, its a good stopping point. Gaara met the hokage and the friends.
yeeeeeeeeet chapter 31 . 1/19/2020
I just want to say that I love this story and your writing. It’s so empowering and I can’t even begin to explain how deeply this story touched me. I can’t wait for the next chapter. So grateful for your work and talent!
Thefiskers chapter 31 . 1/4/2020
Well, holy crap. This was so much more than I was expecting—so much better! Jeez. Your writing is amazing. The words you choose, the ease with which everything flows...it’s beautiful! This is easily the most believable, honest, good, healthy, (etc.) story of Sakura & Gaara. I feel like reading this is strengthening and therapeutic in its own way. It’s heavy, but it’s happy—overall (if that even makes sense lol). No excusing poor behavior, no ignoring serious flaws, no accepting abuse of any kind...actually identifying emotions and working through issues. Just...so good. I legit feel like I’m a tad bit wiser and more discerning after reading this. I so appreciate you sharing this story! Seriously, it’s impressive. Gah! I kind of can’t get over how great this is.
Phanieste chapter 28 . 12/9/2019
" (...) As she's now one of my people, she might even appreciate the sentiment. What we do together doesn't change that."

Sasuke's tone carried the victorious, spiteful smile so well that Gaara could see it without looking at his face. "So you have been fucking her."

"In every way we could think of. Are you sure you don't want the water?"

This was my favourite part ever... I love this fic.
KindredSouI chapter 31 . 12/1/2019
An extremely great read! Loved how in depth the detailed description of each of their psyche was too.
762 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »