Reviews for Ace Combat 5: The Unsung Hero's Journey
Random Useless Info chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
Alright, not a bad story so far... I've just got one lil Grammar Nazi thing... The whole 'wreck room' thing? I'm pretty sure you're trying to say 'Rec room', as in recreational... That's just my thoughts, but I figure that you mean to say that... Great job so far and hope ya update soon!
KnighteWolfe chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Okay, I noticed a few mistakes here.

Though you corrected it later on in the chapter, you did mess up and call the afterburners of the planes the 'thrusters'.

You also misspelled 'briefing' (remember 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'. There are exceptions though).

It seems that you have played Ace Combat 5, though you must've forgotten that the first Yuktobanian planes Wardog fights are actually MiG-21 Fishbeds and they fight them with F-5 Tiger II's. (I know, poetic license and all that.)

The F-16 Fighting Falcon cannot perform 'Pougachev's Cobra'. At this time IRL, the only aircraft that can perform the 'Cobra', 'Cobra Turn', and the 'Kulbit' are the MiG-29 Family, SU-27 Family, the X-31 (which can do a perfect 'Kulbit'), and the F-22 Raptor.

Air to air missiles (or to be more specific, American A2A missiles) are known by the initials AiM. So the Sidewinder, Sparrow, AMRAAM, and Phoenix missiles are-in order- AiM-9, AiM-7, AiM-120, and AiM-54. I think the 'AiM' stands for 'Air Intercept Missile' but I'm not sure.

So far, those are the only mistakes I've seen. This story is just two chapters long but like I said in my first review, its interesting.

KnighteWolfe chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Interesting story here. So far, I like it.

It sounds like a combination of the events from AC4, AC Zero, and AC5. Though there is one mistake. Pops (i.e. Peter N. Beagle) was a Belkan Colonel during that war. He was known as 'The Raven'.

I think in AC5, Pops and Bartlett fought each other over the round table on several occassions. Pops is one of the Belkan pilots who refused to drop a nuke on a Belkan city and that's what put him in the (expletive deleted) with The Grey Men of Belka.

Keep up the good work.

Mercenary Flyer chapter 2 . 4/18/2012
I was beggining to think this would not be updated. I was very surprised to see the 2nd chapter.

This is pretty good. The second squadron is a nice surprise. I wonder what will happen to them.

That initial bounce of the nuggets usually gets overlooked, so its pretty nice to see.

I have a comment about you AN about the Montana class, we really didn't need it by the time they would have been finished. THe focus was on aircraft carriers. Besides it would have only reached 28 knots, which was slower than the Iowa.
laZardo chapter 2 . 4/18/2012
First off, obvious Adolph Galland reference. Wonder if he enjoys a cigar from time to time. ;)

The thing that really catches my eye for this AC5 retelling as compared to others is the addition of a second Sand Island Squadron. I'd love to see how their characters develop alongside the Wardogs. I also took notice of that comment about Schwarze. I wonder what they would've thought about Grabacr and Ofnir, fanatics as they were.

And I also like the way you're expanding the Osean naval fleet as well, though I wonder why they'd want to name something after a deadly meteor. What you could do is name each "class" of ship after common themes. The Kestrel's carrier class (Buzzard, Vulture and Barbet from 26) are all named after predatory birds, for instance. You could even come up with your own city and state names, the entire country is practically a blank slate.

The conversations could use a little refinement though, primarily in grammar ("their firing again" becomes "they're firing again" etc.) You could also do well to add Albert a little bit more.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this fic. I'd love to see where it goes.
117Jorn chapter 2 . 4/16/2012
Great chapter Patriot!
LoneFox123 chapter 2 . 4/15/2012
Glad to see this was updated finally. I just vaguely remember reading the first chapter a year or two ago. Anyway, good chapter, most stories don't actually narrate that first air battle, so I liked that. Hopefully the next update wont take another two years, I rather like this story. Update soon.
Takeshi Yamato chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
This is a fun little story. :)

I liked the scene where Bartlett met Blaze. Knowing the variety of Anime that I do, that jolt of electricity could mean anything. Personally, I hope that it means you're including Newtypes in the story, and that Bartlett and Blaze both have Newtype Abilities. :)

And like MathiasOSX, I want to see Blaze/Nagase. :)

I hope this gets continued soon. :)

Later! :D

Takeshi Yamato

Azure Knight of the Raging Tempest
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Mathiasosx chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Having owned AC:4 for a while and Acquired AC:5 and Zero from a friend quite recently I've taken a bit of interest in Ace combat fanfiction. Looks good so far. Liked your version of Blaze and his nose art. Bartlett seems a little OOC but he doesn't appear for long in the game an we don't really know what's going on inside hi head so I'm cool with it. One request... BlazexNagase Please.

I look forward to the next chapter.
117Jorn chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Next chapter now please!
killsjoys chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Nice. I like the way you set up the story keep up the good work.
Axel yamamoto chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
hm...this story are not bad the plot are not bad as well!and since i relly like ace combat 5 than any other ace combat and i like NagaseXBlaze pairing i like this kinda story but the story are short but not that short!anyway to get thing more intresting you need to add some drama at this fanfic!like Nagase like/love Blaze at first sight(love at first sight)or you could make them childhood friend!anyway good luck and update soon(im relly sorry if i ofend you or there is any wrong spealing or why i review now)
shadowjohn 101 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Hey this seens cool i realy liked that game and your blaze looks pretty cool