Reviews for Right Beside You
Books-R-Better-Than-People chapter 7 . 3/20
I imagine Wybie as a baby looking like BeBe Proud from the Proud Family, except he has a black shirt
Books-R-Better-Than-People chapter 5 . 10/31/2018
My poor child... (Wybie)
writingisrelaxing chapter 12 . 5/20/2018
This is the first Coraline fanfiction I read, and I'm afraid to read another one now. I mean, I don't think I'll find any fanfic better than this one. This one had everything! Thanks for writing this, and sorry for writing only one short review at the end: I'm writing on phone and it's a pain. I just want you to know I loved this story.
Guest chapter 9 . 7/31/2016
I can't be certain whether I love you or hate you for this. But this fanfic is just AMAZING! But I can't imagine cat ever doing something so horrid. Or maybe I can't imagine anything with Keith David's voice doing anything wrong.
Gentrychild chapter 12 . 5/17/2016
I've just read your whole fic. I loved it, thank you. It's incredibly well-thought.
I like the fact that Coraline isn't perfect, that she can be mean and still be someone good.
I read our notes about why the cat is Richard and I thougt you were a genius. You thought this through, everyone was in-character and it was a really pleasant reading.
Project Necron chapter 4 . 12/17/2014
What I like is that you've captured the essence of the characters down pat. The banter with the old ladies genuinely made me laugh. The story could be significantly improved with some proofreading.
AGrinningDog chapter 12 . 10/10/2014
Now, I can't be so rushed with a story I like. Since I like this story, I will tear into it. Like a steak, or a really good chew toy.

The first thing I will mention is Grammar. Your Grammar in this story is not terrible by any means, but there are plenty of words miss spelled. Its through out the entire thing. But it doesn't take away from it, not yet.

The second thing. This story, as many on this little corner of the Net, is still young and inexperienced. It doesn't make bad, by no means would I be reviewing if the story itself was horrible, but its a start. I would suggest that after writing a story to go back through it with a fine comb and nit pick on how things could be better.

Third. Your characters. A Character drives a story, and it takes Many to push and run it. Your characterizations are not bad, and the concepts are always a wonder when done correctly. But there are still a few things to clear up.
1. I don't think Coraline would be that abusive. At least, I have never seen her as this abusive. She never seemed the type. She seemed more like the strange kind with, yes, difficulties with her own feelings. I found much of the end cliche, unfortunately, and I have seen many cliches.
2. Wybie. I did enjoy him in this story, so much to him, and at least developed in some aspects. But the Orphan Archetype is done many times before, can't you twist it up a bit? Make it stranger? That, and what about his hunchback problem? That can cause many a problem not covered in story.
3. Cat. I felt him too much out of character from when I last saw him. I understand your reasons, but he didn't have that sly, mysterious, playful and vindictive edge that most cats have, and like he had in previous portrayals.
4. The Other Mother. I wish you focused more on her change of heart throughout the story, and her emotional state of change instead of these sudden rushes.

...Fact is, I found much of the Fic rushed. It could have been extended a bit more, but that is just me.

Remember my rule, if I like the story I will tear into it to improve your works.

Oh, and I mustn't deny that name of mine.

Spread the word.
Winter Aquamarine chapter 12 . 8/18/2013
Wow that was amazing. Coraline's personility was awesome, all the jokes were super funny! I really enjoyed it.
Da ninja chapter 9 . 3/11/2013
""Won't you sit down, ma'am?" the voice said."

Lol, she sounds just like Chris Hansen from Dateline.
:D
Da ninja chapter 6 . 3/11/2013
I thought coraline smashed the mirror?

Anyways, great story so far!

:D
Not Found 808 chapter 5 . 2/14/2013
Odios que capitulo eso fue la gota que derramo el vaso
tanya chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Aside from some grammatical and spelling errors This was 1 hell of a story! The author is very talented and creative And I was glued from beginning to end. anyone who enjoys Coraline must read this story! This 1 deserves to be made into a second movie!
PrayerGirl chapter 12 . 9/4/2012
This was so good! You are a very talented writer and you got the characters down to a T!
RichardIII1955 chapter 12 . 5/17/2012
One word... AWESOME!

So unique, and enthralling, brought me right in. I can imagine this as a film, I seriously can.

Weldone!
Cascaper chapter 5 . 4/11/2012
Oh, this is so good. Although things are taking yet more distressing turns, at least the pancake scene was a thing of humorous genius. That "turds" line from Wybie was the best part, methinks.

As for which one was the jerk- I think Cor was, sad to say. I love them both, but the family thing was uncalled for. Nothing like a fight for causing horrible horrible word vomit...

Typo list, tra la la. (I know I am extremely late to the party here, as errors that appear in one chapter are fixed in subsequent ones, but just in case... Also, if you are dyslexic and cannot help these things, I apologize; if not disregard that sentence entirely. Heheh. *sweatdrop*)

“[Your] father worked hard on them...”

"That must [be] my knight in a fire-fighter coat!"

"I know, but...you kno[w] I've always wanted a son![“]

“they were being pelted on by rice.” -Delete “on”, it's superfluous. Or better yet, delete “on by” and put “with” there instead.

“...If you're trying to play a joke on me, [I'll]-”

"Hehe, [hello],"

“She had put [them/Coraline/phrase referring to Cor] through misery...”

“sharp-tonged” -Consistently used where “sharp-tongued” is meant, although I think someone else might have already alerted you to this one.

“...she had gone [too] far.”

"I've worked my butt [off]”

“She hadn't meant to [hurt/similar word] her friend like that.”

“...her feelings of guilt [were] soon overcome...”

Going on now, weehoo!