Reviews for Dean, Interrupted
sylverdreamer chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
This fic made me cry, cuss, and laugh. Nice job!
WildChyde chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
This story was recc'd to me by a friend of mine, and after I read the first sentence I have to admit I didn't want to read it, but I knew she'd ask me what I thought, so I continued, and I'm glad I did.

The way you wrote this from Dean's POV was stunning. I'm guessing you read Flowers For Algernon, huh? That's what this reminded me of. Dean's mental state broke my heart. He was diminished, he was confused, but he was still Dean. That first part was amazing.

I really liked the second part. Hearing all those Deanisms, about Jack Nicholson, movie references, and the way he was relating to the aftermath of being Michael's vessel, well, all that was spot on. I loved your Dean voice in both parts, but I'm really glad he recovered. Thanks!
winchester'sbrat chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I hated this story.

I hated what you did to Dean, I hated hearing him talk like that.

And then I read the second part and I forgave you.
cryptonomicon63 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
you are a cruel, cruel person... but cruel to be kind, right? that was really heartwrenching
TheKritty chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
At the beginning, this was so so hard to read, because it was so friggin tragic and...heartbreaking and gut wrenching and man my heart hurt so much! I loved it though,because...I dunno...there was still DEAN and even if the spelling was horrible ( !*lol*),I could here and there read som SO Dean-ish things.

And than BAM it was our Dean , maybe not physically but you know what I was all there again,with all his ... memories (except the Michael!Dean it's better that way I suppose)and all his dean-ish brain. I really enjoyed the way you described it all, from Dean's POV.

"Bobby's gone. I think I…I think I knew that already. He died back in South Dakota.

The Impala disappeared when Detroit did."

That was actually brought tears into my 's death - what a horrible even the Impala I would cry over I think, it was so cruel back then in 2x01...

Great is even a happy ending in there well done!
TheMacUnleashed chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
Wonderful, fantastic story... the start is just heartbreaking, and it definitely reminded me of "Flowers for Algernon," although I'm not sure if that's what you were going for. I'm really glad that this ended on a more positive note.
rog457 chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
I really enjoyed this fic.

Loved how Deans writing got a little bit better each time, not a lot, just enough to show some progress.

Loved the notsam in reference to Castiel, at first I wasn't sure who notsam was until Dean mentioned perdition, then I realized that was what he remembered most vividly about Castiel, and he didn't know who he was, all he knew was that he was not Sam.

Really loved that Dean accepted that when Sam wanted him to talk, to share his feelings it was better to just do it and get it over with, a major victory for Sam.

You give a very bleak view of the post-apocalyptic world, as you said very Mad Max. Glad the boys are equipt to handle it.
OcherMe chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
.THIS. So much! I loved how his writing got better as he wrote more. It broke my heart when he called himself dumb and stupid. Poor Dean :( This was wonderful. I wonder if we'll see it from Sam's side? ;)
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
Cool fic! Really cool! I can hardly wait to see what the end of this season is going to bring us and I hate that. Almost like wishing the season away! :(

So, the Impala's gone. What're they going to drive? And Bobby's gone? Wah! Don't like that at all. Maybe they'll find him. :D

This was a brilliant idea and brilliantly pulled off, my dear! Loved it. :)
Maz101 chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
Clever!

I nearly didn't stick with it throught the early part - I cannot do that baby talk stuff that some indulge in for weechester fics - and of course I DO realise that wasn't your purpose!

Great how you developed the story through the recovery and left suspense in the nature and extent and price of it.

Such a clever way to show the care and the family and give resolution.
SciFiNutTX chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Wow! Really interesting study of Dean recovering from such, shall we say - intensive damage?

It kind of reminded me of 'Flowers for Algernon', only with a better ending. Thanks for not making me cry!
Wunjo chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Wonderful, love the writing!
27 | « Prev Page 1 2