Reviews for The Wingman
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Wow...Shaw really gets no love from anybody! Which is hilarious but kinda fitting because he was totally crouching plank, hidden psychopath in the series ;P

Excellent work!
resaw chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Fun little story. And a nice touch to focus on the "minor" characters in this episode. The revelation that Clay Aiken was he who must not be named was hilarious. Thanks!
Bookworm Man chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
I read this. I enjoyed this. Thank you for writing this.

I like the way you can tell the authors dislike? of the character Shaw in this without being completely overt about it. You've kept the characters in character and from one POV you've managed to tell the story enough for us to tell the rest (if that makes sense). Good job author, will continue reading your stories.
Anonymous Again chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
"That would be way worse than missing the fourth annual Dixie Trek Convention, and I can't even use the same excuse as our buddy Wil because everybody knows I visit my nana every two weeks like clockwork!" The Big Bang Theory and Wil Wheaton and oh my God I can totally visualize Joshua Gomez delivering this line. Makes sense that Chuck and Morgan would watch that show. It's scary how good that was. And Clark Kent glasses...I freaked out.

I can't believe I haven't read this until now. Scary good. :)
Marc Vun Kannon chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Utterly brilliant and absolutely hysterical! The mayhem that is the Buy More perfectly captured. Morgan at his most heroic, Shaw at his most meh. He does meh better than anyone on the planet.
Crumby chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Not sure why I had never read this story, but this was pretty hilarious.

I giggled every time you described Shaw's expressions... or lack thereof. And Shawn? Genius! :)

And I liked the ending. Pretty awesome and fun fic all around.
HecatonchiresLM chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
The final little scene of Chuck smiling at Sarah? Totally made this work _
Bowles chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Ahahaha, I love your characterization of Morgan, and Shaw's selection of songs was a hysterical touch. Jeff and Lester were also great, as well. Good job all around.
Liberius chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
That was SO incredibly, twistedly adorable.
Tynianrex chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Great, now im gonna need a custom-made Guitar Hero (For some weird reason, I prefer GH controllers over RB ones) Trontroller if I ever want to be happy again. Thanks a lot, Frea.
Newbie101 chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Excellent job! I've been hearing/reading a lot about you and your writing in the forums, but haven't had a chance to read anything until now. I picked your shortest (and not connected to "What Fates Impose") and it did not disappoint - all the "hype" is well deserved!

This is an extremely well written and entertaining (dare I say) masterpiece! You nailed everyone's voice. And as soon as I read "Tall, Dark, and Soulless" I knew you and I were of the same mind and I would LOVE this story!

I am not going to go on and on since I'd have to quote the entire story. I really enjoyed all the pop culture references, and will go back to make sure I caught all of them. I look forward to reading more from you!
Charles Carmichael chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
AWESOME!
jagged1 chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Hi Frea!

I was going to list everything that made me laugh – but I realized way too early in the fic, I would be repeating the whole darn thing back to you…!

I do have to say though; I have never been privy to such an eloquent description of a Casey grunt than this little gem:

He believed that the beauty John uttered now was an intriguing and compelling mix of number thirteen, number thirty-two, with just a soupçon of the classic number seven flavoring the edges.

Good for Morgan, picking up the tinge of flavored edges…;)Simply put, it all added up to "Oh, HELL no."

Loved how they handled the guitar with reverence. Sometimes, this season, we have forgotten what a complete nerd Chuck can be – should be, really!

This has to go in the favorites - brilliant.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Cute. You did well with Morgan.
mxpw chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Right from the start it is obvious that this is going to be one epic story. How could it not be when we are prefaced with the "Rules of the Guitar Shredder Duel"? As soon as I read that, all I can think about it is, what is the Guitar Shredder Duel? Well, this story informs me of everything I could possibly want to know, in hilarious detail.

The simple fact that you just wrote this, without a whole lot of time or beta work, just goes to show how amazing you are as a writer. The story is perfectly complete, extremely structurally sound, and immensely entertaining. It's kinda like the perfect fanfic. And your dialogue/banter! Some of the best I've ever seen and it flows so easily from the page. That's what really sells this story. This is one of the most quotable fanfics I've ever seen. I could spend an hour just picking out all the lines I loved and gushing over them. I'll save you the pain of having to read a novel lenth review though.

I think the best part of this fic though is the end. The Shredder Duel was awesome, of course, and I loved seeing Morgan rock so hard and take the Duel so seriously. But the best part was the end. I kinda loved that you wrote this great story, full of such incredible detail, with the Duel having such importance, only for Chuck to completely undermine it by getting back in good graces with Sarah regardless of the Duel outcome. And this story really works because it's in Morgan's voice. You maybe write Morgan better than anybody I've ever read. It's awesome how much you nailed his voice.

This isn't really the review you deserve, but there is truly so much awesome stuff that it'd be impossible to really describe it all. Suffice it to say, this is one of my all-time fave Chuck stories. Can't wait until the sequel!