Reviews for Where the Grass Grows Green I: We May Yet Stand
Elessar's Daughter chapter 22 . 4/18
Ragnelle,
I can't believe how wonderful your epic is. Nothing else on this site even comes near to the beauty of your spectacular series. You do a great job staying true to Tolkein's world and characters. I like your expansion of minor characters. Before reading your creation I would have counted Bergil among my least favorite characters; yet staying true to the original, you have completely given me a whole new outlook concerning him. All the OCs are amazing, especially Hurin. As far as criticism, my only comment would be the insignificant increase of the ring-wraiths' power after the ring was regained by Sauron. The last few chapters were particularly heart-wrenching. I can't bear the suspense, PLEASE continue writing. I have read it several times, partly hunting for clues of what happens next, and it still retains its unequaled magnificence .Thank for writing this incomparable fic.
ZMistress chapter 10 . 2/21
I appreciate that you're taking the time for plenty of character moments even though part of me can't wait to get on with the plot. But this way it's so much more intense and easier to care about what's happening. I also really liked the funeral and how you even had a farewell for Gwidor. The recurring dreams are intreaguing as well. Great job!
ZMistress chapter 9 . 2/15
The death scene was really moving and I loved the different perspective on what happened in Minas Tirith when the enemy came. I also like Bergil a lot and wish we had gotten more background on him and Sedil. But maybe that will come later. Be that as it may I was really relieved about how the dilemma about what to do with her was resolved.
ZMistress chapter 8 . 2/12
Wow, what a ride! This chapter had it all: the suspense but also some really funny moments. I really love how you flesh out the setting and the characters without bogging the story down too much.
Although I already miss Gwindor a bit (he was a great villain) I'm also looking forward to the things to come.
ZMistress chapter 7 . 2/11
That cliffhanger ending has me biting my nails in anticipation. You're doing such a great job building the tension and upping the stakes that I cannot wait to see where this is going. At the same time I'm dreading how badly all of it may end. Thanks for writing this!
ZMistress chapter 6 . 1/23
Another amazing chapter. I really liked how you keep the readers on their toes while still giving so many details: Like how Eomer wets his hair to make it look darker or the scene between Borondir and his wife. These make it so much more vivid and engaging. Great work!
ZMistress chapter 5 . 1/20
I am truly fascinated by the turn of events and especially by the new characters. The mayor makes me most curious about what the next chapters will bring because I'm not yet sure on what side he'll come down. Gwidor is interesting as well and I like how you give these glimpses into the polictics under Sauron's rule. Great chapter!
Sentinelle chapter 20 . 12/18/2014
Congratulations for this wonderful story! Certainly, it is very dark, and I wonder how it can end in a positive way. But your writing is very accurate, and very similar to Tolkien's! And your story helps me to approve my english.
Each character is endearing, even Aragorn, who isn't often seen, but who is a beautiful and moving figure.
I will now start to read the second part of this story. I wish you good luck in your creation!
ZMistress chapter 4 . 12/15/2014
I loved Ingold's speach and how much emotion you put into that. You're setting the stage so thoroughly and with so many details that I can't help but feel invested. Great chapter!
ZMistress chapter 3 . 12/3/2014
I was beginning to feel a bit distracted because my thoughts kept wandering from what Eomer was going through to what might be happening in Minas Tirith right now. So when this chapter revealed the next plot twist I was really happy.
I love how you are develloping the characters and how well you build tension. It's a real treat to read this story.
ZMistress chapter 2 . 11/24/2014
It took me longer than planned to get back to reading but I got into the story quite well.

I have no idea what to make of the dream but I'm looking forward to finding out.

You build up suspense very nicely and make the tactics involved interesting and realistic. Great work!
ZMistress chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
I was hesitant to start reading this as I thought my reviews would serve no point for a story that is already completed and likely edited. But just after the first chapter I knew I had to follow the story nevertheless for it deserves many more than the numerous reviews and praises it already received.

The writing style is so very excellent, it drew me in from the first sentence and the characters sound just right. Especially Eowyn's part was really in character and moving at the same time. I can't wait to see where this is going.
EpicFailOnline chapter 14 . 10/4/2014
Please, please have this grand epic edited properly by a beta. You are such a wonderful writer and you mimic Tolkien's style beautifully, but there are frequent grammar and spelling errors that really ruin the flow of the story and distract the eye. I am so impressed by the quality of this fic, but it is let down by being unpolished and that makes me really sad because it is SO - DARN - GOOD.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/29/2014
How does this masterpiece not have thousands of reviews?
LadyOfAnfalas chapter 22 . 7/22/2014
Wow! Wow! Wow! This is absolutely the best fanfiction I have ever read, hands down. All of your characterization is so real and the Ocs seemed perfectly natural. Eomer was particularly good, he always seemed just like himself. It read like a book and was so exciting and intriguing! Your attention to detail was better than any other fanfiction I have read. Targon's death and the last few chapters were really poignant. The scenes with Aragorn were some of the most moving things I have ever read. For two days afterward I got a cold feeling in my stomach every time I thought about them.
There were just a few things that took me out of the story. I really wish you hadn't put in the reference to slash in the beginning of chapter 16. It didn't add anything to the story and was totally random, and it really took me out of middle-earth. Also, I didn't understand the part in chapter 11 when Aduiar mentioned the sickness of his ears, and if the men in Fangorn had been drinking Ent drafts, wouldn't they have gotten taller?
That said, this was literally one of the most awful(in the old sense of the word) and beautiful things I have read. Thank you so much!