Reviews for The Crusade Against Crap
Queen 0f Heartz chapter 1 . 4/29
There are all sorts of fanfiction story's for percy jackson many of which are quite out of character I happen to enjoy all sorts of the things that you listed if you find a story that an not so good author had wrote and maybe it has some spelling errors and yes it might not have much of a plot and the characters are unoriginal but instead of hating on them you should be reviewing their story's and giving them positive feedback to help them become better writers because that's part of what fanfiction is all about! I'm sorry if any of this sounds rude or particularly mean but I just read your notice and didn't think it was particularly nice I think there is nothing wrong with collecting a group of fics that meet you standards but maybe you should try to not bash other peoples stories in the process thanks I hope you take this as constructive criticism and not just as mean,
TouchDouche chapter 1 . 1/26
Oh yeah by the way, grammar Nazis can kiss my shiny metal ass
TouchDouche chapter 1 . 1/26
Your requirements fill this story I found when I started on
It's called
Of Beanies and Sharpies
By
TheMistressofSass
Guest chapter 1 . 2/14/2015
I think you might be over eggxaggerating this a little bit.
Things like having a strong plot and an interesting title could be hard to make for some people. No lemons is pretty strict, cause maybe that's the only writing style the author is good at. As for the good spelling and the good grammar, there may be some people with spelling and/or reading and writing disabilities.
Things like realism, Logical romances and staying in character shouldn't be something the author has to have as a guideline because sometimes you need toads variation to your stories. Plus, staying in character can be REALLY hard.
I don't think you should've put that people have to send you their stories to get approved or to be able to post their story. Fan fiction is a place where you write about your own ideas and opinions about shows, books, games, etc. no one should be controlling the site like this.

I'm not trying to be mean or offensive, i just think that this list really narrows down the variety of stories and writing styles on fan fiction.
Btw, it's against the rules of FanFiction to make lists or things like that that arent stories.
Ps you made several grammar and spelling mistakes so you should really be careful

Hippopotamus.$
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2015
All of you "gramma-nazist" can go and fuck yourself. You are complete losers
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2015
You'r fuci'n nuts
TheFaerieOfIron chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
As SimplyHope has stated, this is not a story, and could be reported, and I have taken that liberty to report this.
Stars in the Sky at Noon chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Okay, I understand completely where you're coming from, posting a complaint like this on FanFiction. I won't say that I haven't rolled my eyes once or twice at the stories or content people have chosen to post. And yes, I'm a freak when it comes to spelling, punctuation and grammar.

However, as Simply Hope put it so thoughtfully, this is FanFiction. Claiming that writers are 'polluting' the site is simply discriminatory. I myself will be one of the first to admit that if one of my stories underwent your screening test, it's not likely to pass.

But this isn't an English assignment. This is FanFiction, where people are free to publish, invent and create as they please. It's a place that makes me very happy, as it is boundless for the extent of the imagination.

Forgive me for being a hypocrite and going into an equally extensive rant as you just did, but I strongly disagree with you here. You are insisting that thousands of writers on this site are 'trash' and that they don't deserve the freedom of writing. Your message doesn't make me smile in any way. In fact, it's kind of pissing me off that you'd be so conceited as to believe that you deserve to hold the power in your hands; who writes and who doesn't. Is the spelling and grammar in this review satisfactory? Or is it so disgraceful that I deserve to be banished to the Holocaust?

I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but I feel even more so if you turn your nose at me and scoff. Tease all you want, but this kind of superiority is something I really despise.
If there's any pollution...it's this publication. It's garbage. Don't you know the word that gets passed around? "Don't like, don't read." If you really hate these stories so much, why don't you just avoid this site, or the stories that bother you, instead of creating such a hateful message?

You know what, I'm just a big fucking hypocrite. I lounge around with people who serve this kind of arrogance every single day. And everything I just said in this message was insulting. I don't even need to say it might have been well-deserved. Fuck me, fuck my life, but fuck you. I don't need some bitchy rant tearing down the secure walls so many of us only managed to build through the wonderful freedom of a site like FanFiction. It's my home, my haven; my Switzerland.

Now excuse me while I find a nice sharp Finnish knife to go split some skin. Yes, I just admitted that on the worst thing I've ever seen published so far in FanFiction. 'Campaign Against Crap?' More like 'Campaign for Crap.'

Don't destroy our dreams. Don't be the knife. Shut the fuck up and let me write FanFiction instead of fucking cutting myself.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
FINALLY! A WRITER WITH NEAR PERFECT GRAMMAR!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Don't I no wht your telkang aboot, they're fanfectierns R gr8. Leik ankulameys14's stories r mergnificert
A-Box-Of-Scraps chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
YEAH! Finally, some other grammar nazis who are making a stand! High fives, guys! Thank you for doing this, and I appreciate that other people (not just me) acknowledge what this website is coming to!

Again, thank you so much!
SimplyHope chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Okay. Let me start by introducing myself before we get into what may be our first public arguement. Hi, my name's Esperanza911 (well, not really, but you know what I mean). There. Now I can start.

I do get where you're coming from and I even agree with some of it. Decent spelling and grammar is a must for fanfiction stories. However, you do have to understand that no one is perfect. We're all human and are allowed to make a few mistakes. I know sometimes I miss something when reading my stories over and don't realize it untill after I've posted. You also have to take into consideration that some authors on this site are younger. While this is no excuse to completely disregard proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, you cannot be correcting it as if they were in college. I'm actually only 14 myself.

I complete disagree with your problem with OOC-ness. It's FANFICTION! If an author wishes to change a character's personality slightly, then they can, as long as it isn't too ridiculous (pardon me. I don't know if that is spelled correctly). For example, I don't really like how weak Ms. Meyer makes Bella in Twilight. In my fic, I chose to make her have a brighter, stronger personality. She's still Bella, but in my mind, better.

So, I'm not sure I completely understand what exactly a Mary Sue is, but from my understanding, they don't seem that terrible as long as the author writes them right. You cannot bash an author for placing an original character in the plot of a story. I don't know, maybe I actually am misunderstanding what a Mary Sue is.

To conclude my little rant, you should not have been so rude. I mean, telling people to get a life? ! ? ! Really! ? ! ? Technically, you are also polluting this site. The rules state that you aren't allowed to post anything other than stories on here. This isn't a story and if I so desired, I could report it.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I know I understand where you're coming from 'cause I've seen some serious "crap" on this site. But please; THINK!

Sincerely,

Esperanza911
ruleofthumb chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
wohoo! finally people notice how stupid fanfics are getting. i especially agree with the need for REALISTIC romance.
Heartflower chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
I'D JOIN THE CRUSADE!
fafachadhotmail.com chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Wow you really are incredible.

You have a cruade againts Crap? then you should tae your own advince. Your fics are crap. You have not idea how to write, and you barely get one review.

stop being so rude when don't even you are a good writer.