Reviews for A Long War
Nearing Midnight chapter 1 . 3/6
It's quite terrible the way some people simply refuse to forget the past, isn't it? It's either that, or they bastardize the horrors of history and the guilt of nations and turn it into an effing joke, cheerfully oblivious as to how others may feel as they fling the terms 'Nazi' and 'genocide' around carelessly. It's disgusting, and I'm sorry for the way those folk must've treated you.

RL problems aside, this was an excellently-written fic! I adore the relationship between Germany and Italy, and the ending is hilarious, as well. x3 Well done, and keep up the good work!
CandyBunnies chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Aww... I just... melt when I see this pairing. I love it so much. I've been a hetalia fan for... a week and Germany is my favorite person with ItalyXGermany my favorite pairing. I believe it is the cutest thing in the world. Especially how their personalities differ so much. I love this! It was perfect, and I just feel like hugging both of them and saying: You're perfect for each other! XD
I love it so much. It's just... just so cute. :)
Loved the story too! I love the history and back story of World War II and these countries together make it even better. There just isn't enough words and definitions to explain how much I love this shipping and story and concept and fluffiness!
MUSIC-IS-A-MUST d-.-b chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Good story wuth such a sweet ending! Good job!
NotAHoax chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I realize this was posted forever ago, but I still feel the need to review- this was amazing. This whole story - the idea, really - of Nazi Germany with GerIta... these are the sort of things I think about all the time.

People are mean, aren't they? Americans especially, I'm sorry to say. The worst part is, I think they know they're mean, but they detach themselves so that they won't know this, which makes them even more mean. I don't think they know the difference between war and a baseball game. But I digress.

Amazing fic.
Warrior Chickenz chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Wow! I know this was from a LONG time ago, but still... HOW COULD PEOPLE SAY THAT TO YOU! I'm Polish, German, Russian, and English. (isn't that a fun combination? (O3O)) and I get cracks like that sometimes. I just laugh and embrace my Russian heratage, never have another problem.

Hmm... I wonder why?
Hannah chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Fawlty Towers? I bloody love you!

Now, to the story - I bloody loved it.

Seriously, it was the most perfect imagery ever, and it was so in character, and...and...IT WAS AWESOME.

Nuff said.
xBlueWingsx chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
wow! this is really good, soo sad yet soo lovely! you're a very good writter! and That episode of Fawlty Towers was amazing! My fave show, after Blackadder ;)
dionic-girl chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I like ur fic...and ur humor :-] kesesesesese
dionic-girl chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I like ur fic...and ur humor :-] kesesesesese
speadee chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Sorry people are associating you with the Nazis and attacking you. That is so wrong. I don't believe all the Germans agreed and followed Hitler. Not all Germans are Nazis, and the whole thing took place decades ago. It's just like during the terrorist attacks, people began attacking those who are Islamic. Do people know that everyone is different? Just because someone is of the same race as those monsters doesn't mean that they are the same as them. I don't see Germans as Nazis, Islamics as terrorists, or anything similar. Sorry if your grandfather was a Nazi, but I know you are a different person. Sharing the same genes does not make you alike.

You described the terrible war scenes well. War is not the answer, and I believe Germany felt bad, regretted, and agreed that he deserved to be punished. You showed his love and care for Italy well, especially when he told him to go away to protect him. I'm glad they were back together after the war. I also like the part with Austria and Hungary.
RawrGodzirra chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Haha, I get the same type of thing-my grandparents, who had been raised East Germany, were one of the few rare Prussians who supported Hitler. Someone caught wind of their typical, "Don't listen to these American schools-Hitler was a good man." speeches, and I haven't heard the end of it since.

Now that that's over, this was very informative and I enjoyed it. :)
Miatski Kuromia chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
In response to your rant, I can understand how you feel. I'm blonde and blue eyed with faint German heritage and used to get the Arian crap all the time along with the stupid Nazi comments.

Just know that people are bloody stupid and have nothing better to do. So just ignore 'em. Though I'm sure you do so go you .

Anyway cute story, Love the way you set it up along with your style of writing. Poetic attributes with a slash of insight. Also love the fluff at the end. Two thumbs up!
Shadowy Pheonix chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Nazi comments.. blech. I live in America, but I have a great amount of German blood. I always feel awkward around Jewish people at school because they look at me weird... The german shows in how I look I guess... mostly though the thoughts aren't spoken if they do think like that, for which I'm grateful. Liked the story a lot- dammit Hungary leave them alone XD
Laughing Rain chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
I laughed at the end... Yeah, the Nazi comments really tick me off, too. Meh. The annoying part is that these people really don't know what the hell they're talking about... They're the same ones that play Call of Duty and cr*p like that. I'm an American, and my fellows don't seem to be able to differentiate wars and video games, especially wars of the past. Either way, amazing story. I'm glad it had a relatively happy ending.

Laughing Rain
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
*snerk*

Pulling a Soldier there in your A/C, eh?

XD