Reviews for The Other Side of the Coin
YES I FUCKING KNEW IT
Is Dumbledore impersonating Rosier holy
FromageFondue chapter 24 . 2/15
Great Work! I really enjoyed reading the story. I do still have around like thirty questions that remain unanswered. But I suppose that was your original intention. (Hopefully you'll update your sequel sometime soon :P)

I found it refreshing that you didn't make this a canon rehash, but created an original AU story. I also really liked how you characterized many of your character, most of which were realistic and very well thought/fleshed out. I appreciate that you made Tom Riddle a rational, intelligent character, which is always more interesting to read. I also appreciate that you didn't bash any characters, especially Ron. Dumbledore was spot on imo, a genuinely good character who made most of the shitty situation he was in. Lucius Malfoy and the OC Auror were also great touches. Overall, I found the story very enjoyable and interesting.

However, for the sake of objectivity (I really did like the story), I'll point out some things that could have been better. (Of course, I'm not saying that I would have done it better than you did. I'm a horrible writer XD) The dialogue, for one, I feel could have had more beats. There were many times where you had one dialogue after the other without any beats. If you "decorated" it a bit more, I think it would have been smoother and fleshed out the characters' emotions during these scenes. I've also found Harry's character to be a bit too mature for an eleven year old. But then again, I wouldn't really want to read a kid!Harry story either :P It wasn't as drastic as many other stories (cough cough HPMOR), but it still bugged me a few times. Finally, I didn't feel much of a buildup throughout the story, which didn't make me as engrossed with the story as I could have been.

Reading through the review, I realize it may sound a bit negative overall. But I truly did enjoy this story. Great work, and thank you very much for sharing this!
Cynical0range chapter 4 . 2/5
Don't know why Harry even bothers with Davis. A right hitch she is. Please don't tell me you are gonna pair Harry up with her.
EverfreeSparkle chapter 9 . 11/30/2015
You know, if wizards considered muggle technology and knowledge to be a tool instead of a cultural thing that is dirty, they would be more advanced than muggles due to magic and technology hybrids. Wizards may think muggles are stupid, but wizards are in fact the dumb ones.
Mr.Baratheon97 chapter 24 . 8/29/2015
This is amazing! All of the twists away from the original books, if I'm honest I'd've rather read this. Riddle's ambiguous affiliations really add to the depth of the story, and Harry's character develops in an impressionable way, which actually makes sense. I love it!
imnotraven16 chapter 24 . 8/20/2015
excellent story
Guest chapter 1 . 5/18/2015
I think Stupefy is actually a pretty advanced spell. I mean, knocking someone unconscious? I think it should be Expelliarmus. Those are the two spells I know most.
Guest chapter 24 . 1/20/2015
This was the first Harry Potter fanfiction I've read that I didn't like at all. No context, no explanations, massive plot holes, extraordinarily lazy. The final decisions with Riddle, Potter, and Dumbledore were all ridiculous and unthinking. I have no idea why some people recommended this so highly.
Guest chapter 6 . 1/19/2015
(Disclaimer: Parts of the speech by Grindelwald are not my own and have been reproduced from Hitler's speech in 1927 at Nuremberg)

Interesting to think I was reading and agreeing 100% with Hitler. Always did think Grindelwald's moral utilitarianism was a rather good idea. Kind of awkward comparison though, lol.
Sirwalterbeck chapter 3 . 1/4/2015
the troll in the dungeon has immediately made this a favorite
Insanity NPO chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
I don't know about anyone else, but the total lack of context going into the story kind of ruins it. I'm not going to be able to read it.
sasha1213 chapter 6 . 11/29/2014
Huh, that speech was interesting. Hitler did have some interesting ideas.
sasha1213 chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
Haha, Thomas is a muggleborn and he is also black... yayks. He got what he deserved, I guess. Great story beginning. Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
Good first chapter, I'm excited to see where this goes