Reviews for To Be Left Behind
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
great
TheShadierTwin chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Thank you.

Susan stories are one of the most necessary parts of Narnian fiction, and I want to thank you so much for giving her a measure of peace. The Doctor, too, is so incredibly lonely, and I love seeing him meet people and places and creatures that can understand. So - thank you.
Skwrl chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Wow.
That was brilliant!
Thank you so much for writing this gem!
The-Alizarin-Possum534 chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
I like it! For a moment there I was convinced you'd have them all end up in Narnia, though I can't say I wasn't relieved when the story tool the opposite turn. Great work :)
AcolyteofDaniel chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
When I saw this, I didn't see any way to make it work, even in the hands of an author I learned last night could make bizarre things work quite well. Actually, I quite enjoyed it, and thought it was a very interesting story. (Somehow, I can see the Doctor and Susan swapping impossible stories, her knowing all about him, him knowing all about Narnia...) Well, I always liked the idea of Susan recovering from her disbelief, and the Doctor, while hardly orthodox, seems as good a way to redemption as any!
basaltone chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Wonderful crossover. I have read a couple with Susan and the Doctor, but this one really touches on how broken she is and how they have both lost something so profound. Thank you so much for your story.
RennFlight chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
This is lovely. I have never really liked Susan before, but this has absolutely changed my mind. Plus, it explains the crash and the missing rings! That is very exciting to me. All in all, very well done.
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Good story. I'm glad Susan ended up with the rings. I do have one thing to nitpick: The train accident took place in 1945, not 1949.

1940 - The Blitz. The Pevensie kids are sent to Professor Kirke's house in the country, where they find the wardrobe-and Narnia.

1941 - The kids return to Narnia to help Caspian win back the throne of Narnia.

1942 - Edmund, Lucy and Eustace travel with Caspian on the Dawn Treader. Peter enters college. Susan travels with her parents to America for the summer.

1943 - Eustace and Jill travel to Narnia to find the lost prince Rilian.

1945 - King Tirian calls for help and receives it in the form of Eustace and Jill. Narnia's time comes to an end and Tirian and the kids enter Real Narnia. There they meet the other earth Narnians (sans Susan) and learn that they have died in a train accident.
Alice E. Dodgson chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Brilliant! I really enjoyed this story, I really like the idea of Susan being the Doctor's companion and I LOVED this story! Makes me want to reread the Narnia books :)
BabyBeaver chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
Ohmygosh. This is so... AH!

I just started watching Dr. Who like two weeks ago, but I've loved Narnia ever since I was little. Today I decided to see if there were any crossovers. I found this one and am seriously blown away. It's incredible!

I think everything I enjoy about this has already been said in previous reviews, but one word: FANTASTIC. :)
The Warrior of Many Faces chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
That was actually quite good! I always wondered what happened to Susan, and this was a nice take on the matter.

I also liked the style here. It's as if you condensed an entire season into a oneshot, bringing in the moments (mostly) when the two had personal interactions, rather than the action. It was a nice change, seeing the less hectic moments.

And seeing Susan move on...it was touching. You gave us a nice look into her grief, and let us see her overcome it. For lack of better description: well done, WingedFlight. Well done.
klorel chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
I absolutely love this, it's really subtle, yet hits you hard.

Generally I don't tend to read Susan stories, because I find her character really shallow. (My opinion!) You put a new depth to the character, which I think is absolutely beautiful, well done!
anemix chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
That was sad, but was Susan really not on the train? (it's been a while since I've read the books). Keep writing!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
Vilinye chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
Very interesting. I just starting watching Doctor Who last weekend, and I have a far longer history with Narnia, but I really like it
Sara Wolfe chapter 1 . 7/5/2010