Reviews for Europa
Allstarall chapter 1 . 7/9
I like the story. That it was a song.
However, the tone of the story doesn’t really match the song.
There are historic facts, and I usually love that, but this is like a history lesson of a song combined with Hetalia, rather than something to read.
Also. Because of that, the characters seem somewhat OOC. Romano especially.
Pecha Pichu chapter 1 . 5/26
dude, thanks so much for writing this up! I'm a big fan of Europa by Globus, but never had the time to research the lyrics (or just ended up trawling through to the other side of Wikipedia). Really appreciate you uploading this fic!
L chapter 1 . 3/4
FREAKEN AWESOME!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/10/2017
This fic is just perfect.
Sapphire363 chapter 1 . 6/6/2016
I really love this, It was really moving.
I was a little miffed that there was no mention of Australia in the bit about Gallipoli, as they played a major role in that campaign, but it had little effect on the overall impact and I really enjoyed it. Thank you.
Karano chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
Eh, war will come again. It's undeniable, it's in our blood. The only thing we can do is remember Horace's words. "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." "It is sweet and honorable to die for one's country."
What can we do against fate? Hope and pray for as long a peace as we can get.
Every 100 years...something happens.
Your fic and this song, I love them both. These lyrics are one of my favourites, because I heard this when I was barely in the fandom, long time ago. And it made me research and fall in love with history.
History, cruel, good or bad, is just like the flow of time. Unchangeable, but beautiful.
decfjb chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
And now I'm crying. What an amazing fic.
BeautifulDesertFoxglove chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Cool story. I love Europa, and I've always thought it should be Hetalia's theme song.
Pr0lixity chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
Wonderful tearjerker. Good history lesson, too.
TheDarknessOfHeaven23 chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
I love the song and this story, listen to the song while reading this!
TheAwesomeMe128 chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Excellent job! I enjoyed reading this.
Peridot Tears chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
I remember reading this fanfic years ago on dA. I'm glad to find it here.

I guess there's not much to say. It's a good analysis for a jarring song. Deeply personal and thoughtful.

I enjoyed it then, I enjoy it now still.

PT
Yukaricchi chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Wow... When I watched the hetalia video of this song I already thought it was epic, but your fic complimented it perfectly and was very well written. I really loved this!
kimi-ebi chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
I love it !
It's so sad and right...And the ending is just perfect... I'm an european and it was great to read about Europe's history here. I hope there will not be any war between europeans again. And I love your ending "If we don't end war, war will end us"... it's so right...
Thank you for this one !
kimi-ebi
hp1piececraziness chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
I hadn't realized how well I knew this song until reading this and was able to sing along in my head...

Love it! *internet high five*