Reviews for Paths
I'm Nova chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Beautiful! For an ironic take on alternate universes, if you like fantasy do try "Mort" by Terry Pratchett.
A Mistake chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
That was an uncanny and brilliant short story! I'm surprised Watson even managed to find his way back to Baker Street quickly enough-I thought his nerves would surely have been shot right after he watched the Alternative Watsons walk through the doors of their home. I'm quite curious as to how Holmes could accept the Doctor's explanation early on and decided that they need to move on just as quickly. It seemed a bit unexplainable, particularly since we have no idea what Holmes is thinking about at the time.

Personally, I think the good man deserves to get some sort of closure and see the Alternative Watsons for one more time. Seeing the possibility of him raising a happy family with Mary...ouch. I think in a way it's a good thing to know, though on the other hand it could feel worse at times than just facing Mary's death. I really want to know what inner turmoil Dr. Watson would be having months or even years after that one incident.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Ok, that's just mean to poor Watson.

But this was still a goos story. Keep writing!
xxClosed Accountxx chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
I really liked the subject matter of this fanfic althuogh I feel it was a bit rushed for a story trying to deal with this subject. I think this would be an even better piece if you expanded it a little bit more and gave us more detailed information about Watson and Holmes' reactions. (I personally feel a third person POV would have worked even better for it.) It also would have been great if we had been given more information about the other world(s), about what Holmes saw there, about who Holmes was in that other world, and about what choices led to what results. It could have become a sort of Butterfly Effect Sherlock Holmes fanfic!

I still like this very much. It was a creative and intersting AU. Good to see you posting a new SH fanfic, Pompey!
pebbles66 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Poor Watson! I do love this little story, but it makes me so, so sad for Watson. I hope it would bring him some comfort to think of himself and Mary and their children happy together in some alternate reality. But it's still sad...
Cmdr's Monkey chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Aw Poor Watson! Everyone is no mean to him in these stories. This is just a low blow to him. But still a good read! I wonder though, how the AU Watson Family reacted to Holmes presence. Is Holmes alive in that AU or is he actually dead or still in exile? I dont suppose you could give us a peek in to what happened in that house?
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
This is very intriguing indeed. Keep updating please.
LeonaWriter chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Woah, really cool. I like how they both react to it, especially how Holmes deals with the extremely fantastic event logically, like he probably would have, I hope. Curious as to what might happen next.
dragonhavn chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
very nice. well written. good character capture. poor watson ... and if he had got through the one at Crouch End? Might we have a darker tale?