Reviews for The Hazards of Tradition
quaff chapter 5 . 6/11/2012
You should have a beverage warning for this chapter. I almost fell over reading the bit about "the Eye watering". Thanks so much for writing this story.
Atanaa chapter 5 . 6/1/2012
I love the Doctor Who referances!
Aeidhryn chapter 2 . 10/4/2011
Awesome! "Oi, you'll do yourself a mischief... hell's bells"!

Hell's bells. :D Way to make my day.
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Hah! That was pretty good, thank you- but watch the grammara nd typos. I think there may be one near the end.
LS chapter 5 . 8/23/2010
Wonderful fic so far, the writing is very Pratchett-y and the footnotes are also amazing. The grammar is a bit off, a few run-on sentences and a missing comma or two (hey, maybe they migrated to Carrot and his wanton cruelty to them), but I'm not the best at critiquing for grammar. Anyways, will keep an eye on this, and I can't wait for more chapters.
Virtuella chapter 5 . 6/16/2010
Yupp, Vetinari could outstare Sauron, I'm certain! :D
ablondeinaunionjack chapter 5 . 6/14/2010
Great chapter, I like the use of the Omniscope. You were missing a comma in one or two places, but apart from that, very good again.
ablondeinaunionjack chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
Very good chapter again, I love the footnotes. One thing: didn't Stibbons decide against becoming a professor in Unseen Academicals?
Gothgirlreid chapter 4 . 5/22/2010
Hmmm, who would win in a fight between Vimes - a mortal who gets very cross - and the auditors - beings which can vaporise people by separating their atoms? I'd have to say Vimes :) Great fic, update soon!
Julie Winchester chapter 4 . 5/21/2010
Young Sam is really Vetinari's godson ? I never thought that Vimes would choose Vetinary to be godfather, but it makes sense. (I'm currently reading te Truth so I didn't even know Sam and Sybil would have a boy)
Virtuella chapter 4 . 5/20/2010
"ice cold rage on an industrial scale" - excellent expression!

There were some other nicely Pratchettesque phrases, and the idea of Ridcully /and/ Stibbons charging down on a broomstick was rugby references were lost on me, but I'm sure they were very witty. ;-) And the Rite of Ash'Kente - hahahaha!
TheAngel'sWings chapter 3 . 5/18/2010
This is absolutely amazing :D

You definitely have most of Pratchett's writing style down, and it makes for an enjoyable story.

"One of those irritating nosy sods who works for OF-whatsit'. Annoying and pointless, yes, but not actually harmful, except possibly to the blood pressure of those who encounter them."

Definitely my favourite line, I nearly fell off my chair .

And about Eastenders? You have my full agreement.

~TheAngel'sWings
Virtuella chapter 3 . 5/2/2010
Nice Pratchettesque phrases, and you can never have too many footnotes. And great definition of "schisms." :D
duchess-susan chapter 3 . 5/1/2010
I adore the footnotes-all of them are hilarious (the Royal family references had me in stitches)-and I like the air of calm, bland menance the Auditors have.
ablondeinaunionjack chapter 3 . 4/30/2010
First of all, very Pratchett-esque chapter. Second of all, don't apologise for the footnotes, they're brilliant.