Reviews for Kyon: Big Damn Hero
Savaris chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Good to see that mess has been handled... though they still have to be extra careful around Sasaki, she need only be given an inkling/suspicion as to what they really do, and boom! Normalsville, baby.

...Oh, there's still that brewing chaos that's related to Kanae and that detective lady that they might inadvertently meet on their next trip to visit ol' unca Keiichi...
Racke chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Hehehe... So, the two goddesses finally have a Talk, Kyouko continues crushing on Koizumi, and hugs are shared all around. A wonderful chapter of aftermath and the peace that follows.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
chad001 chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Next chapter says Resonance Cascade.

...

AS IN 'COMBINE-TAKING-OVER' RESONANCE CASCADE?

Huzzah for Chekhov I guess, though I saw it coming the moment I saw Combine with capital C...
chaosglory626 chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
I often forget that this is a crossover with TV Tropes, until you mention something like a 'noodle incident'. Your little Haruhi stories are nice, but this here is the crown jewel of fanfiction. Keep up the good work.
Napping Sleepy Kitty chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
o.o wwoooww... elevators are one of the worst places to hold a conversation... ppl can hear you for something like 4 floors either direction along the shaft.. and that's just in normal voice levels...
Pax Empyrean chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Thanks for writing this. A new chapter of Big Damn Hero always makes my day.

I'll get the criticism out of the way first. It's nothing serious, just some typos or missing words. I'll just copy fragments where I noticed something and trust that you can spot them.

* It's not much, but we can tell her that we don't really understand their.

* and you'll know who to look for you you thinks there's trouble!

* we're going to assign some of our people to watch over you and make sure your safe.

* "Yes," Yuki agreed. "However, I that these notes are unusually terse."

* The door clicked open quietly, and they all turned to look at Haruhi stepped in.

With that out of the way, and since this is my first actual review of this story, I'll just say that this is my favorite story ever. Not just favorite fanfiction. Favorite story period. I've prodded friends who aren't familiar with the Suzumiya Haruhi series watch it so they can read and appreciate this story. Don't worry about what might have been Jossed with the latest novel; consensus at the TV Tropes forum seems to be that what you've got here is Better Than Canon anyway. In a way it's somewhat predictable; any challenge will always be overcome in the most awesome way possible. Characters will grow and develop in positive ways. Feelings will be warm and fuzzy. Tropes will happen, and they Are Not Bad. I don't mind that sort of predictability in the slightest.

About this chapter in particular, it was a breather episode. No action at all, just recovery from the last operation and some relationship building and character development. It's good that you make the characters so dynamic; anybody with any significant screen time gradually changes over the course of the story. It's never so abrupt that it feels forced, but it's definitely noticeable. It's a good thing, since good pacing requires chapters like this one from time to time, and the combination of character development and relationship building keeps things interesting even when the plot itself isn't rushing forward. Keep up the great work.
TheDarkFreak chapter 47 . 8/2/2011
Another amazing chapter, well worth the wait!

And don't worry too much about the divergence from Canon, this story holds up just as well in its own right, if not better.
Genericrandom chapter 47 . 8/2/2011
So I was going over what's updating currently, and all that jazz, when I noticed that out of everything I'm reading right now, although there are like, two other stories of somewhat and considerably different natures, this is easily the story I like the most that's currently in progress. By quite a respectable margin at that.

Maybe it's the way Haruhi makes fun of and uses, abuses and twists so many tropes, both in canon and fanon. Maybe it's the way you've drug out as much as you conceivably can that's about fiction and cranked it all the way up past 11. Or maybe it's just how stupidly memorable the cast you started out with was, before you went even further and developed them into increasingly awesome people.

I dunno. But I love this story.

Last chapter with all of the time travel and action was great. And it came at just the right moment to switch gears, shake things up and progress the story through the proper, dedicated application of studied violence. But I have to admit that while those chapters are awesome, it's the buildup and character development that leads upto them and follows after them that really stick out in my mind. I've read about over a thousand fights, and I've watched over ten thousand fights. Fights are great, but anyone with a decent sense of kinetics and a dash of practical physics can write a good fight. But for me, those fights are only great, when they're about characters I like struggling for causes I care about because the character does. You do that.

And you do it very well, I think.

As always, I'm glad to see more of this, and hope to see more again sooner rather than later, but I'll be just as happy about more whether it comes tomorrow or next month. So thanks again for writing this, because it's always hard to find good stories in the smaller fandoms like Haruhi, and I'll see you next time in the funny pages.
linkhyrule5 chapter 47 . 8/2/2011
Yay, update!

And Kyon gets random bed-Haruhi :p

Also, you actually had a literal Noodle Incident. *Awesome*. (Have you read Calvin and Hobbes?)
lortakugane chapter 40 . 7/28/2011
I personally think that everyone's personality's out of whack. And seriously, what's up with Kyon? He really IS a player.
RedemptionWarrior chapter 46 . 7/27/2011
Sorry, but I waited until I had finished reading to post a review...*cough* Anyway, this has been a great story so far. It's been a bit of a challenge to keep up with everything, but I don't find fault in it. Heh, I found it funny, the name you had Kyon say when he, Tsuruya and Yuki had confronted that boryokudan. Well, I'll continue watching, as this is quite a good story.
HopelessRomanticist chapter 46 . 7/27/2011
This is a very awesome story. Was a bit hesitant around the whole engagement thing, but if it works out in Kyon/Haruhi/anyone else then I'm not really going to complain. The only real problem for me would be keeping track of all the characters: Too. Many. Names!

The action scenes are well written, everyone is characterised well and all in all this is one of the best fics I have read.

On a side note, is anyone ever going to call Kyon's mother out on her behaviour? I mean, really...

HR
Matsuo Hateshi chapter 14 . 7/27/2011
I so called it! "Protection" indeed.

WOOT! GO YUKI!

And what in the name of 77 flying mushrooms are alerts?
Samzee chapter 46 . 7/26/2011
OMG IT"S SO GOOD. I WANT MORE!
corrwin chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Excellent idea, brilliant execution! I enjoy it even more than the original story... Kyon I always wanted to see, Haruhi... pacified and acceptable, the whole harem plot fits into the story without feeling artificial, which is IMO a rare accomplishment.

All in all - awesome and crazy (in a good way).

And it introduced me into fanfiction - after reading about it on tvtropes I just had to check it out, and now I'm wasting way to much time here - thank you :]
907 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »