Reviews for Kyon: Big Damn Hero
Lackadaisical Cat chapter 47 . 8/5/2011
The Noodle Incident... Hah! Never thought I'd see a Calvin reference in a Haruhi Fic (or any really). Props to you, and thanks for another quality chapter.
Jimm chapter 47 . 8/4/2011
As the harem bits are really my favorite part, I really enjoyed this chapter. :-)

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Aronim chapter 47 . 8/4/2011
This is brilliant, as always, though I kinda missed exactly when Kyon got moved back up to the present. But I might just not have paid enough attention during the previous chapters.

This time around, there are a surprising number of things that I have to mention. And yes, the order is backwards, because that's the order I found them in.

"Yes," Yuki agreed. "However, I that these notes are unusually terse." I think you lack a "note" or "notice" or the like, so you get "I NOTE that these notes..."

"The green-haired girl's eyed lit on the slider..." Think you mean" The green-haired girl's EYES lit on the slider..."

"Kyon shot her a warning look and shook his head a short distance." This sounds odd. You should probably word it differently. I get that Kyon shakes his head and that he does it rather discreetly, but the "a short distance" sounds very odd in this case.

"Still, I understand that Kyon and Fujiwara made up their differences, at least a short distance." Do you mean "for the moment" or "for now" or something like that? Because it sounds like that, but the "at least a short distance" seems wrong for the information Sasaki is trying to convey. And for a person so good at expressing herself, it seems odd that she would say something that to me is almost certainly completely, grammatically wrong.

"It's not much, but we can tell her that we don't really understand their." I think your missing a word, maybe motivation or aim or goal. It might just be me.

"After all, hadn't Haruhi labeled her the director of ninkyou dantai operations within the brigade, hadn't she?" Seems repetitive, I'd refrase to something like: "After all, Haruhi HAD labeled her the director of ninkyou dantai operations within the brigade, hadn't she?" or just lose the last "hadn't she". Caps is for clarity about my suggestions.

Still great work and a great read and I'm waiting impatiently for the next chapter. Hurry please?
Sacchin chapter 14 . 8/4/2011
This story is really fun! Please continue to update!
SgtHydra chapter 47 . 8/4/2011
All I have to say is this: YOU CAN'T JOSS PERFECTION.
shanejayell chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
*LOL*

Oh, Kyon's getting a shock tomorrow morning... _

Good update!
RandomFanDude chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Wow, I don't check my fanfic for a week and you've released 9 chapters!

Great to see you keeping up K:BDH; thanks for writing.
FateBurn chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
great chapter please update again soon coz I cant wait for the Brigade to go to Kyons relatives for the festival and what thats gonna bring.
Reg-DeCurry chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
So far I'm enjoying this story quite a bit. I cracked up once I realized that the "noodle incident" was literal.

"Mm, I think I see," Tsuruya mused, nodding. "So ... Kyon-kun made the Organization stronger, and also kept Kuyou's former allies ... what do we call them, the 'Family'?"

Shouldn't that be "Kyouko's former allies"?
GeshronTyler chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Yay! I'm glad your motivation has kicked in again, I feared the hiatus may be of a longer period. I'm not reading this story because I expect, it to hew to the original series though, but because your taking the characters down a path that is an interesting and entertaining one for me. I'm a sucker for the "harem" ends, though most series/game plots tend to screw around too much with stereotypes and stereotypical behavior for my tastes. The fact that your trying to play it straight, according the characters their faults and foibles, but having them make the effort to accomodate each other while struggling with their insecurities is a large factor in my enjoyment of your series.

Watching everyone dance around the issues of who's an "insider" and who's not, and how far "inside" they are, was amusing in this chapter. I speculate if Kyouko wouldn't be the first person to try to explain to Sasaki what's _really_been going on around her, but I keep running up against Sasaki's powers of "mundanity". _ I'd guess that if Kyouko tried to show Sasaki closed space it simply wouldn't work, with some chance of Kyouko being permanently "mundanized". On the subject of Closed Space- is there any? I wonder, would that cause the "other" Esper faction some concern? Their powers basically confine and define themselves to use in closed space do they not? Koizumi being the exception. Without closed space, the espers as they are now, don't really have a purpose, do they? Certainly, Koizumi's faction was interested in Closed Space being brought under control, but without such incidents, their organizations ought to be at loose ends.

Is that some developement of Kyouzumi I see there? Poor Koizumi would be left out of the hugs and snuggles going around otherwise. I'm much less a fan of shounen ai, in any case. _

Watching Haruhi and Sasaki trying to avoid a cat fight (more from Haruhi than Sasaki) was funny. I do wonder how that will work out later. A nice fan-servicey ending, I'm left to wonder though, how long it will take before the girls slip up and get caught in the act by Kyon's mom, or more likely, his sister. The rugrat probably won't be too much of a problem, if they can get her to join the conspiracy.

Thanks, read you next time.
bakapervert chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Thanks for the update.
Savaris chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Good to see that mess has been handled... though they still have to be extra careful around Sasaki, she need only be given an inkling/suspicion as to what they really do, and boom! Normalsville, baby.

...Oh, there's still that brewing chaos that's related to Kanae and that detective lady that they might inadvertently meet on their next trip to visit ol' unca Keiichi...
Racke chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Hehehe... So, the two goddesses finally have a Talk, Kyouko continues crushing on Koizumi, and hugs are shared all around. A wonderful chapter of aftermath and the peace that follows.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
chad001 chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
Next chapter says Resonance Cascade.

...

AS IN 'COMBINE-TAKING-OVER' RESONANCE CASCADE?

Huzzah for Chekhov I guess, though I saw it coming the moment I saw Combine with capital C...
chaosglory626 chapter 47 . 8/3/2011
I often forget that this is a crossover with TV Tropes, until you mention something like a 'noodle incident'. Your little Haruhi stories are nice, but this here is the crown jewel of fanfiction. Keep up the good work.
918 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »