Reviews for Kyon: Big Damn Hero
Chrono Scholar chapter 8 . 4/27/2010
This scene just popped into my head.

"Hey, Haru-nyan!" Tsuruya called from across the school hallway. It was their lunch break, and Haruhi had been on her way to the clubroom.

"Here you goes," Tsuruya continued after she crossed the hall. She presented the younger girl with a sheet of paper, printed on a professional letterhead. "A receipt for all my current Kyon-kun usage, just like ya asked me for!"

"Ah! Thanks, Tsuruya-san!" Accepting the paper with a pleased smile, Haruhi left Tsuruya to her own lunch plans and continued towards the clubroom, reading the itemized list as she walked.

"Tsuruya-san was surprisingly detailed," she noted aloud. There seemed to be a descriptive bullet point for everything Kyon had done in Tsuruya's presence the past few days, beginning with the previous Sunday, when Kyon would apparently save her from some Yakuza-types. As she neared the end of the list, she began to read aloud. "Sneaking in bushes after-class to discover Ryuguu-san's meeting place with associates; eavesdropping on Ryuguu-san and associates; intimidation and interrogation of Ryuguu-san; obtaining of incriminating evidence against Ryuguu-san and associates...Wait, he rescued her again yesterday? That was right after he walked me to the trains station." She quickly read through the remains of the list, eager to find out about this newest adventure Kyon had yet to tell her about. She noted that he had apparently been injured in the fight, and had been taken care of by the Tsuruya family doctor. Nodding in satisfaction at Tsuruya-san's sense of responsibility, she moved on to the next item on the list.

"SCRUBBING TSURUYA-SAN'S BACK IN THE BATH?"

I think we're all enjoying this Tsuruya-centric arc. But then, I don't think there IS such a thing as too-much Tsuruya. Keep up the good work!

A note on Kyon's mom: It occurs to me that this is yet another moment in fiction in which a headache might be avoided by simply demonstrating a supernatural power (like, say, teleportation)and explaining that the future of the universe actually depended on the protagonists action's. Kyon and Haruhi haven't really commented on why they don't do so, either. Certainly, it might be less interesting if they did, but it's not necessarily logical either. Then again, given Haruhi's powers, as long as SHE resists his removal from the Brigade, there's almost nothing anyone can do about it.
kaitou28 chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Good idea. Well executed too.
Sperance chapter 8 . 4/26/2010
Yeah. Scrub the hottie's back, save the world. I bet future-kyon did it to save the human race. I sure of it. XD
Racke chapter 8 . 4/25/2010
Kyon's mom is bad-ass. This was the first thought that struck me in this chapter.

I can finally agree with the need for a given name to Tsuruya - it was actually quite moving when it was used in this chapter - and I apologize for any doubts I might've had.

And yes, who is Kyon to say what he should and should not do, it's the fate of the world after all.
Uldihaa chapter 8 . 4/24/2010
Well I'm rather enjoying reading a Tsuruya-centric arc so you enjoying writing one makes it all good in my opinion.

I'm also enjoying the 'Future-Kyon' and 'Present-Kyon' antics. I'm hoping to see 'Future-Kyon's' side of things and how he's changed.

Looking forward to seeing just how Kyon continues to evolve into a Big Damn Hero!
WhatDoYouMeanI'mDrunk chapter 8 . 4/24/2010
I'm really sorry I haven't been reviewing this story till now, been lazy '

but I promise to review every chapter from now on!

So I want to start off by saying...I love you for writing this story! This...this is the Kyon I've always wanted to read about. Honestly, I love how you portrayed each character and still keep them from changing their characters.

always been a fan of Tsutuya :D

too bad for Kyon, my parents would have understand a little better if I got into a fight to protect someone, which I actually did get in trouble for once before.

also like that you keep very well track of all the time travel events. Must be annoying knowing that your future self is (kinda)controlling you

Wonder what Sasaki's role in all of this. Maybe she developed a thing for Kyon now _-

so... Asakura?

still want to know what went on between Mori and Kyon
Racke chapter 7 . 4/21/2010
I wonder what his parents will say... and his little sister of course.

This really is a very interesting story, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
MCK Agent of Moriya chapter 7 . 4/21/2010
So Kanae gets her own flashback, and some poor thug gets beaten down by Kyon, who has somehow became the reincarnation of Bruce Lee. And nothing feels out of place here. I feel like I'm reading the collab project of Nagaru Tanigawa, and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.
Uldihaa chapter 7 . 4/20/2010
'Took a level in badass'... I love that trope.

I noticed that the 'Absurdly Powerful Student Council' has appeared.

I think there's at least two more tropes in this chapter, but I can't remember the names.

I loved reading of Kyon kicking ass. I do wonder what you plan on doing with the resurrected Asakura from Chapter 1 though; I'm personally hoping for her to be transformed into Achakura (from the Haruhi-chan shorts), it's make for a damn funny omake anyway!
Lusor chapter 7 . 4/20/2010
This is is great, plese update soon.
uzukun7 chapter 7 . 4/20/2010
that was just an incredibly fun read. all of the questions left by the end of the last chapter were answered and now we get emiri getting in on the mix. there are some incredible storylines that really make you want to keep reading. i really hope you update soon. laterz
enderverse chapter 6 . 4/19/2010
That asking for a receipt thing is so Haruhi.
uzukun7 chapter 6 . 4/19/2010
another great chapter. kyon and haruhi continue growing up together and the action plot thickens as tsuruya comes to the forefront with a dangerous investigation. i cant wait to see why kyon walked into the clubroom with kanae all bloodied up, so i hope you update soon. laterz
Shiakou chapter 6 . 4/19/2010
Cliche? Never! This is a most unique take on what happens when Haruhi becomes conscious of her powers!
Chrono Scholar chapter 6 . 4/18/2010
Ever new chapter posted for this story, I find myself re-reading four or five times. I think it's similar to how, in streaming videos that constantly pause to buffer, you might keep tracking back a minute or two to watch the awesome parts that have already loaded, and hoping that by the time you catch up to where you were before, there's more ready and waiting for you. I keep going back to read the latest chapter, hoping that when I get to the bottom of the page there'll be a 'Next Chapter' button waiting that I hadn't noticed before.

So yeah, you could say I eagerly await your updates.

As to the story itself:

The previous chapter (chapter 5: Normal Flashback and Exposition Arc I) was a bit slow and short, but it looked like it was working as a bit of transition point, and chapter 6 certainly makes up for it. I'm looking forwards to seeing the adventures Kyon gets to participate in soon.

And as to Haruhi's self-wrought changes, I think I'd like to see Kyon doing some kind of 'Monthly Checkup' with the codewords. Basically, after every major even or decent length of time, he should restore Haruhi to her original self, and discus things with her. Make certain she's happy with how the 'different her' is thinking and acting, and that he's not accidentally taking advantage of her. Not that I think he would, but it would be a good way of handling the extreme trust she's showing him responsibly.
908 | « Prev Page 1 .. 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 .. Last Next »