Reviews for Kyon: Big Damn Hero
enderverse chapter 6 . 4/19/2010
That asking for a receipt thing is so Haruhi.
uzukun7 chapter 6 . 4/19/2010
another great chapter. kyon and haruhi continue growing up together and the action plot thickens as tsuruya comes to the forefront with a dangerous investigation. i cant wait to see why kyon walked into the clubroom with kanae all bloodied up, so i hope you update soon. laterz
Alpha Draconis1 chapter 6 . 4/19/2010
Cliche? Never! This is a most unique take on what happens when Haruhi becomes conscious of her powers!
Chrono Scholar chapter 6 . 4/18/2010
Ever new chapter posted for this story, I find myself re-reading four or five times. I think it's similar to how, in streaming videos that constantly pause to buffer, you might keep tracking back a minute or two to watch the awesome parts that have already loaded, and hoping that by the time you catch up to where you were before, there's more ready and waiting for you. I keep going back to read the latest chapter, hoping that when I get to the bottom of the page there'll be a 'Next Chapter' button waiting that I hadn't noticed before.

So yeah, you could say I eagerly await your updates.

As to the story itself:

The previous chapter (chapter 5: Normal Flashback and Exposition Arc I) was a bit slow and short, but it looked like it was working as a bit of transition point, and chapter 6 certainly makes up for it. I'm looking forwards to seeing the adventures Kyon gets to participate in soon.

And as to Haruhi's self-wrought changes, I think I'd like to see Kyon doing some kind of 'Monthly Checkup' with the codewords. Basically, after every major even or decent length of time, he should restore Haruhi to her original self, and discus things with her. Make certain she's happy with how the 'different her' is thinking and acting, and that he's not accidentally taking advantage of her. Not that I think he would, but it would be a good way of handling the extreme trust she's showing him responsibly.
Jimm chapter 6 . 4/18/2010
Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.
Jimm chapter 5 . 4/18/2010
Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.
Racke chapter 6 . 4/18/2010
Time travel is confusing, but quite practical. I'm curious as to what Tsuruya's investigation will yield.
Uldihaa chapter 6 . 4/18/2010
Tsudere...*snicker* Yeah, Haruhi fits that word rather well. And the Lampshade hanging was well done too.

I wonder what changes Haruhi made in Kyon?
JonBob chapter 5 . 4/17/2010
Alternate stories with original characters can go badly, but like Meet the Suzumiyas, you seem to have handled it well. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
ChaosGriffin chapter 6 . 4/17/2010
This is good really good. Epicsauce even. I'll give a more detailed review tomorrow, but still you gotta keep on rolling.

Ok, that sentence made no sense, I need sleep.

Cg out.
BenignUser chapter 5 . 4/16/2010
Haha, 'unsubtle harem plot' indeed. A very interesting and original tale you've got going here. I'm really liking all the time-travel bits; "future me is a bit of a smart-ass" gave me quite a chuckle.

Loving the story so far, though I feel you could use a bit more Koizumi here and there. It seems like he doesn't really fit anywhere now that the multi-love-interest route has started. His exit this chapter seemed more like an excuse rather than a reason. Does the Big Damn Hero perchance need a sidekick? ;o

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Uldihaa chapter 5 . 4/16/2010
You know, I was rather wary of reading a Haruhi fic, since it can go so wrong so very easily. Having read this story to date, I have to admit I've been pleasantly surprised to find a very well written story; though I shouldn't have been so cautious considering your other fics.

I like how well balanced you made things. Haruhi knows her powers, but has restrictions she can't just ignore. I like that, as well as Kyon finally getting to be a Big Damn Hero!

And it makes sense to me that TVTropes is a part of this; Haruhi is their OverGoddess, after all!
Final Life of the Gods chapter 5 . 4/15/2010
This Story is turning out to be very enjoyable so OC slider that you have added is something that I actually find enjoyable,considering that I hate OCs In their is one thing that confuses me throghout the story though it would have to when the chapters transition into diffrent situations without warning,but that could just be nsidering that I hardly ever review a story I felt that I should review yours if only to encourage you to continue this forward to the next chapter my friend.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 5 . 4/15/2010
Kanae, you idiot! Don't you know not to say sexual innuendo if the conversation is not about sex? Seriously, if I had a nickel for every time a fictional character did that, I'd be a rich man indeed, a very rich man. But regardless, this was a bit slower than the previous chapter, but I like the cliffhanger that you ended with.
Racke chapter 5 . 4/15/2010
The misunderstanding in the beginning made me laugh - Koizumi whimpering is something I kind of want to see.

I wonder what might've ruined an all ready ruined day.
897 | « Prev Page 1 .. 48 55 56 57 58 59 .. Last Next »