Reviews for Of Bards
lady.baroque chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Rhia, this was lovely; your writing style is just *gorgeous* and your characterizations are excellently done, imo.

And...I would totally not mind moar/any Leliana/Montfort. ;)

Such a great job with this!
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Loved this line: "and had that air about them that made most people give them a wide berth or stare at them openly: the air of large predators surveying their domain lazily, but ready to spring into action at any second." That's why they're the king and queen, and you extend the metaphor to great cats-cute but deceptively deadly.

Lelianna and Zeveran working castle security is a good touch. Zeveran is right, who pays attention to the servants as long as they keep their eyes properly downcast. I can't imagine Alistair especially having an easy time navigating court politics without them.
Fire Fanatic chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
An amazing piece, as usual. Great job, rhia.

I love how culturally based this was- it feels so much more like you're extending the reality of such a place as Ferelden, rather than just telling a story with a couple game characters thrown in.

And the PROSE. So glad you used it in this- it's very well-done and don't worry, your "shortening" and altering it was was done quite respectfully. Very artistic.

It's cool how you gave Leliana a bit of a spotlight here in romance- outside of the PCs I've seen her with, I very rarely get to read of any romances she might have had before.

Great work.
evie vie chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
You wrote this for me! I love it, it's perfect! And the poem is very fitting. Stick it to 'em, Leliana.

If you ever feel like writing about what happened between Leliana and de Montfort, I would not mind at all. :)