Reviews for In the Mirror, Darkly
HermioneWeasley93 chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
This is beautiful writing.
Smoltenica chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
This is just incredible. I love the way you can enter into a character's mind and create such a heartwrenching and beautiful inner dialogue! You have such a talent for teasing out Rosalie's thoughts, her self-loathing and loneliness and her complex need for/love of Emmett.

Beautiful work.
blowbe chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
I cried so hard.

Man, that was absolutely beautiful. Stunning.

Such insight into Rosalie as a character; she was recognisable and human, and she was as hateful as she had every right to be. Is it wrong that that made me love her more?

Your portrayal of Rosalie was beautiful. I feel inlove with her. I felt what she was feeling; her deep sorrow that isn't explored to the level it needed to be in the book.

It truly is a testimont to great writing that you make your readers connect so strongly to a naturally cold, aloof character.

I love the way you portrayed Rosalie and Emmett's relationship and I was so happy that he could make her laugh and be happy and get excited. It was a beautiful way to bring the story to a close.

I will remember this for a long time. You are a fantastic author.
Ms Monster chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Beautiful
Faerie Soul chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Oooh this is so good i've never read a Rosalie story i've liked as much as this. You've captured every dimension she has and you would think she has. Sometimes people write her too vapidly or shallow but this gives her a nice depth and interesting view on her relationships. Complex but careful, i love it.
Reddragon13x chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Wow. I have scoured this place high and low in search of good Rosalie fics and I'm so glad I stumbled upon yours. I love everything.
HoTniGhtS-COOlDrAgONs chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
you display these characters a hell of a lot more deeply that Steph meyers. i loved your portrayal of rosalie's bitterness and fear and hate and her thoughts about being a monster and her conversation with leah. and i really liked how you showed edward and his imperfections and annoyingness.
Lucy chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Wow. I really enjoyed this. It's just a great, solid character study. I've always kind of liked Rosalie, but this has made me realise just how complex and amazing a character she can be when written right. The way she thinks about her family, the wolves, herself, is just perfect. I especially liked Edward - and something that's especially fascinating to me is how much she must feel she should hate him, because he's the reason she becomes a monster, but he just doesn't want her at all, but she still loves him. Really fantastic, although you might want to proofread a bit more, since i noticed a few missing commas and sentences that didn't quite feel right.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Wow. This was a lovely character piece. I loved how you captured Rosalie. It was very IC. You expanded Rose's character in a very realistic way, and it was a pleasure to read. I found how she thought of Carlisle very interesting. This whole fic was very...poetic to read, if that can be an accurate description. Haha. Anyway, great fic and I would love to see another piece like this from you! :)
Pumpkinguy chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
This is so good. I really like these insightful pieces, and you do Rosalie so well. Her feelings are so conflicted for everybody except Emmett, and Renesemee. I could say more on the emmett/rosalie in this fic, but I think I've written enough.

Rosalie would deem herself cleanest, superior to the rest of them. She wouldn't even take the cullen name after-all. I think its interesting how Bella was left out, since this is obviously a post-BD fic. Is it pherhaps because Rosalie does not want to compare herself to Bella? (Rosalie has always been terribly jealous of bella)

The reason she hates Edward is totally not fair, but on the other hand completely understandable. He gives her no privacy. He has seen her mind, seen her wants, seen her selfish thoughts, and laughed at them. He's really not a nice guy if you look at it objectively, (or from his point of view). Does he treat Bella great? yes. But He's not so nice to most other people.

I also like how you make her changing feelings for Bella hard for her to handle. How must Rosalie feel? Bella got it all. She threw away nothing, and instead got it all. (I will argue that rosalie will even come to see that. :P)

anyways, Really liked this piece, and I think Emmett would make a good father.
chelley0207 chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
This was a really good one shot I enjoyed it!

I feel like I understand Rosalie better!
Angeliss chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Okay, so I am aware that I dropped off the face of the planet, but I couldn't help but come back and review this.

I love this. Partly because Rosalie is my favorite character (there has to be depths in the shallowness) partly because you are a truly awesome writer and you better be doing dome original stuff as well. But the combination of those two is simply dazzling.

I love the present tense. Now, you have to understand that present tense is usually a huge turn off for me- it makes writing seem vague and timeless. But when what you want is vague and timeless, merely reflections, it works perfectly. It also works perfectly with Rosalie's mind, which I imagine has ways of turning back on itself to avoid thinking certain things most of the time. Damaged, and unable to heal. The disjointed phrasing gave it a surreal edginess as well, so it jumps around much the way someone's mind actually would when they've encountered a problem they're trying to puzzle out.

There's much here on the relationship between Rosalie and Emmett, and Rosalie and Edward, even between Rosalie and Alice. But this is one of the only FF I've seen that's touched their relationship. Beautifully done. The dance between intimacy and awkwardness between them was pulled off with a lot of skill.

And the conversation with Leah... They're both proud, both a little damaged, though Leah has the good end of the deal, I think. They're two of a kind, but too alike to see it.

Now for some minor critiques.

"In eighty years Rosalie has come to the conclusion love should the only requirement for fatherhood wear your good dress like a good girl and love is something Emmett has in spades."

Love should be. It's missing a verb.

...And that's it for now. Just know that this, even as different as it is, is still quite a show of skill. The diversification is a good thing.
xtapx chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Wow. This isn't like anything you've written before, but I really enjoyed it. I've been working on a Rosalie story too, and I feel like you've given me more of an understanding to her. I do like the relationship you've created between Rosalie and Leah.

Rosalie is a complex character, and the darkness the feelings your expressed through this fic, that how I think of Rosalie, she is bitter, and she has demons that haunts her every single day.

I love how it ended.

I want to go on about how much I enjoyed it, and how much I feel like you gave Rosalie her own voice, and an understanding into her world, and why she is the way that she is, but I would run out of room, so instead I'll just tell you thank you for writing this.
rainbowfish22 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Love it. :D It's definitely not like anything you've written before, but it's still great.