Reviews for End of the Path
Wyrmseeker chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I was just thinking about writing a story about Guy and Karel's duel, and boom! I find this, and it's a good read, too. Your style is admirable, and while I agree with Gunlord about the final blow, I think you already provide plenty of detail about the battle. That's one of my favorite parts of writing, so it's nice to see someone else giving their fight scenes some love.

I do have to wonder, though, what made Karel seek to end his violent ways in the first place, why he came to Valor and tried to stop hurting people. There just doesn't seem to be any reason for it. But I'll allow myself to suspend my disbelief there, because where you go from there with Karel's emotions is fantastic. His initial reluctance, his growing bloodlust as the fight wears on, and finally his shock at Guy's death are all expertly pinked together and conveyed excellently to the audience. This is a great piece, and I wish there were more like it.
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Hey there! Forgive me for wanderin' by, but I saw this story didn't have any reviews, so I thought I'd change that

I think it's quite good. I noticed a few errors here and there (for instance, "the slightest hints movement." I think you meant to say "the slightest hints *of* movement ) but nothing serious. Aside from that, I really liked this piece! It wasn't too long, but it does a great job of displaying how Karel would have taken up his vow of never fighting again that we see in FE6. Poor guy ;_; My only caveat was that while the fight between them started off really well, I wanted to see more of it-having it end with just "mere minutes later, his foe collapsed at his feet" made me hankering for more, so to speak. But other than that, good work! :D