Reviews for Of Fate and Fortinbras
bunnykoko chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
No! Not the kittens!
VG LittleBear chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Hi, thanks for sharing!
Ziva being conflicted about her past, and now having the choice whether to kill, or not, is a good subject, and you did it well! I know my Hamlet, but not the play you mentioned.
Thanks and cheers!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Brilliantly-written insight. You've captured so much in this.
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
"And in the endless expanse of that one lost summer, they cut her open in the dirt and it turned red with the rust of her sins." That sentence just seems so fitting. Hmm, somehow I never thought of addressing this issue before. Oh well. You did it very well, though, I think Ziva would think exactly like that. Nice job :)
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
The story was actually really good and in character, but the review is really for the poor fuzzy kittens that need to be rescued. Hang in there, kittens!
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
If this is not your best, I'm really going to enjoy reading all your other work. Because this. Was incredible. Yes, the violence turned my stomach a bit, but it was well-written action (which is rare and difficult) and in a way I think it's important to have such gore in fic for a show about acts of great violence. I thought your capture of Ziva was spot on, and the glimpses of Tony and Gibbs as well, and the central theme, thread, narrative, the whole choice business, was heartbreaking and sublime. (The simple 'past-tense' exchange just broke me.) I'm running out of superlatives here, so I'll wrap up and go read your other things, and I'll hazard a guess in advance that they are similarly incredible. Thanks for writing! You're totally my new favorite author.
eleen chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
No! Not the kittens!

It's really..dark...I like it! And I totally get the writing in short bursts thing, but I think the style it worked towards the overall mood of the story.

Anyway, it's midnight and I'm probably not making much sense at the moment!

Can't wait for more!
DoveFeathersAndSnowFlurries chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
i love it! this is such a beautiful piece!
Renee chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
-In her sleep, she could hear the sounds of a blade piercing the waters; could see a trail of smoke where the tide had burned the sword to the hilt; and still she swung and tried to splay it, and wondered in the haze-framed ether of the dream what right she had to wrestle with the sea; what right she had to deny it the sweet, simple reprisal of consuming her alive.-

You had me at this.

FANTASTIC. Not many authors I've seen can get inside Ziva's head and peel apart the layers of her character without going to one extreme-where's she's a total fluff-ball-or the other-where she's so cold-hearted it's scary. You found the balance and wrote it so well that it wasn't in any way boring or lacking.

Excellent job, Cricket. ;]
agentscully6 chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
wow, I think this is really good. I wasn't sure at first but it got stronger as you went along, particularly when you got to the Hamlet at the end. nice job.
Karene chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
"By the way, students of the zoology department at Harvard University recently released the results of a ten-year study which indicates, strikingly, that lack of fanfiction feedback is the leading cause of extinction among small, cuddly animals. They suggest that this trend be combated by plentiful reviews – and fast."

LMAO! As a zoology student at SIU, this A/N really made my day. Thanks for the laugh. XD

And, also, fantastic one-shot. It's well characterized and it's great to see inside their heads. Ziva's growth is logical, emotional, and believable. Job well done. :D

-K
Betherzz chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
good one... shes afraid and i dont necessarily think thats a bad thing... but shes talking about it, thats new and different, not holding it inside and tony sat and listened to her and thats whats going to help her in the long run, talking to someone who will listen and not judge
Ko'u Melia chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
That's the most convincing "review please" a/n I've ever read. :)

very clever of you.

the story was good, too. ;D
reader chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Excellent. Your analysis of Ziva's mind set is fascinating. I wish the show writers had your deft touch with this character.
Mooncombo chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
I thought this was very well written and insightful.

-Death made everyone equal; murderers and the murdered all rotted the same, and the earth would see no difference between them.-

Very good.

-She knew, too, that she would always bear the burden of her crimes on her shoulders, and that in the end, she would have to dig a grave not just for herself, but for the many souls which marched in the shadows of her heels. They were her responsibility.-

I love this. Great job.