Reviews for Bottle Count
France1832 chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
I liked it! It was interesting, well written, and the characterization was good. It also explains where the nickname "Apollo" came from. Good job!
Almost an Actress chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Beautiful.
Lerry Hazel chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Aw, the Greek hallucination is absolutely brilliant!
WonderfulCaricature chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Oh man! You write drunk Grantaire AMAZINGLY! I was dying from his narration!
Mira-Jade chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
I know that I am a year late leaving my thoughts on this, but I couldn't let this one slip by without saying something.

This was beautiful - I simply have no other way to describe it. Everything here was perfectly portrayed - Grantaire was a trip consumed by wine, and his drunken thoughts were perfectly written. I loved how he matched the other students up to Greek Gods - Homer, indeed! You had Enjolras down to a 't' as well - his fanaticism seems unyielding, and then when the others explain that that was just how he was, I was about melting with the perfectness of it.

The last line summed this up in a most beautiful way!

Bravo for this! Hugo himself would enjoy reading this one.
The Madman From The Bronx chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
This totally made my day. :)
heartsvilleMonarch chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
That was really, really good, you're a very talented writer! The whole greek god idea was wonderful- I loved the part about the ambrosia and the lyre. I'm a bit of a mythology nerd :D
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Very nice! I like both your Grantaire and your Enjolras - this reads so much more true to their characters than the usual Shrill & Highstrung Enjolras harranguing Cassandra Grantaire, who is just a Misunderstood Puppydog. This early in their relationship, we haven't yet arrived at the "lofty pity", but the seeds of it have been planted. Also the interactions where we will later see Enjolras giving Grantaire at least one chance when he shows the slightest interest in having the opportunity. I like the sense of this bright point of light penetrating Grantaire's miasma of ideas and loneliness and confused, rich, dense, fragmented way of looking at the world through the bottom of a bottle.

Wonderful to see a talented new Les Mis fanfic author emerge! I've enjoyed your first stories...if you're not already on there under another name, have you thought of joining in some of the meta discussions over on the Abaisse forum? I think your exploration of the characters would fit in very well over there.
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I LOVE IT! can't wait to read more from you!
Estates General chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Fantastic story :D
Aurelia chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
I love the mythical comparisons that form in Grantaire's brain. Sometimes the style confuses me, but I think it could work if you are trying to show how addled Grantaire is at the moment. And the ending is perfect, with Enjolras being civil but not cruel to Grantaire, and the Amis' reaction to that. I hope to see more fic from you.