Reviews for insurgere
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 1 . 13h ago
Quite intriguing! A fresh idea, one I'd never have thought of. And marvelously written, as well. This will be reread.
AngelWitch chapter 1 . 4/16
Wonderful, wonderful! This is an excellent piece of writing, a perfect length. ;D
MaiWishes chapter 1 . 4/9
Enthralling read

Although you do prove that Tom Riddle, is, in fact, a Slytherin. It is a good character study and makes exact points about Hufflepuff house. The magical world needs a Grey Lord
lemon-rind chapter 1 . 4/4
This is the best thing I've ever read from Tom's perspective. Bravo.
Shadow of Flame chapter 1 . 4/1
I love the structure of the ending section-"He is _" followed by a paragraph in parenthesis. It shows his wide ambition and interest into anything and everything, as well as possible futures for himself-and presence-that is, he could actually do all or at least most of this. You could even go with the expansion that the "he is" really refers to his idea, charisma, spirit, etc.-it's not physically him, but those influenced by him ("His supporters are everywhere...").

I think a Hufflepuff Tom Riddle would have been the best possible thing to happen to the Wizarding World, or at least one of the best. He's remodeling, re-building, fixing, improving-not destroying. He probably would end up 'taking over' simply by sheer influence, but it would a bloodless coup, if anyone even recognized it for a coup.
I've never understood why people look down on Hufflepuff (Loyalty! Hard work! Honesty! These are good things!), and why people assume that everyone sorted into every house exactly embodies those qualities.

Tom the Hufflepuff is an intruiging idea, and you've executed it well. I especially liked the mention of crafting spells in different languages, something that doesn't come up in canon but that makes perfect sense. After all, wizards in Africa or China are highly unlikely to use Latin incantations.
Anonymouse chapter 1 . 3/7
An intriguing idea, executed perfectly.
LunarCatNinja chapter 1 . 3/6
This is a nice take on "What could have been." I enjoyed reading this!
voidblade6 chapter 1 . 3/5
a hufflepuff tom riddle is far scarrier than a slytherin tom. Slytherin breaks people puts them in the dark and leaves them alone. Hufflepuff takes in many and binds them. A support network, friends, and family. If tom excels in hufflepuff he wins. In slytherin its just the beginning.
Lenbug chapter 1 . 3/4
My god. YES.

This will no be my headcannon for Hufflepuff. Just...YES

I salute you, fellow author, and hope that you continue to write in this Fandom again.
But if not, I hope you inspire others to do so. :)
vovo611 chapter 1 . 2/25
Well, I like how Tom turned out, but now Harry won't be Harry!
solsere chapter 1 . 1/31
Just an awesome oneshot. Love it!
Demiser of D chapter 1 . 1/1
Fantastic!
Chasing chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
Truly stunning.
not the usual baka chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
Hufflepuff Tom is fascinating.
I have read Hufflepuff Harry and Hufflepuff Draco fanfics before but this is new.
There is something special about putting a character in Hufflepuff that makes the world spin slightly differently, but in a good way.
Must be the potential for organised chaos.