Reviews for Like a Dog Chasing Cars
DarkGidora chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
Got my hopes up, only to stomp them into the dust. :P

I would really like to see the story continue, but it is your call.
Aronim chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
Well, I refrained from playing the sequel entirely for the reasons you mention here and the reason I'm reading fanfic of P1 is the same fascination you have. And you write a good Mercer, unlike 90%, because 90% of the fics here are crap. That's why I hope you find the motivation again, because, despite your sometimes unpolished writing, your characterization and plot are great. You make a very convincing, cold but just barely likable, confused Mercer and the OC's really work well at bringing out Mercer's various sides. The feeling that they have a weird bit of very, very mild liking for Mercer, mostly overshadowed with frustration and fear of his terrifying inhumanity is something you do very well and the weird little band you write has some very good dynamics. In other words, you have some compelling characters that really have a good bit of teeth-clenched teamwork. It's also nice to see the characters arguing, because it really is a sign of good writing when there is understandable issues and frustration within the group.

Wow, that was a bit of gushing. But I really do mean it and hope you find the spark again. Though I hope you won't make Mercer the villain. At most I hope you make him into the sympathetic, right but hating it, for the greater good kind of monster.
Laluzi chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
Agree wholeheartedly with all of your points. Excellent analysis, there.

I personally never played the game, but it wouldn't surprise me that everything else was improved. They really tried - they just didn't think the story was that important, I guess. : What a waste...
Akatsuki Seal chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
I do feel your pain, as my sister and I played both games, though initially I was reluctant to play Prototype 2 because the first was already a great game, and i grew frustrated with the fact that Alex Mercer/ZEUS had become such an a-hole during the gap between games. I refused to play the end of Prototype 2 when I found out that you had to kill Mercer/ZEUS, so my sister did for me.

James Heller held no interest of mine because he was too... I'd say 'easy-going' about his sudden transformation but that's just shaving the surface. Mercer/ZEUS, in P1, was terrified when he realized he could do strange things; such as jumping insanely high to getting shot numerous times and not dying. Heller simply took it all in stride - pretty much no questions asked. That's what annoyed the hell out of me. You cannot find out that you've been infected with a virus that should've driven you completely crazy-zombie mad, get given insane powers that mutate your body, you literally become a cannibal, and not be terrified. I'd be shitting my pants if I were in that position. Yes, Heller is bent for revenge, but even vengeful people can be scared at times. There was so little to his character it made me die a little inside when I started the game.

In Prototype, Alex/ZEUS was a conflicted and confused person; didn't know what was going on, panicked at first - before he realised what he was to expect in certain situations, ZEUS became bolder as the storyline progressed, unsure at first what to do - then with a little guidance, was able to figure out what happened to him. And the remorse and guilt about what Alex Mercer had done before his death and subsequent accidental creation of ZEUS. That is why I love Prototype so much.

The fact that ZEUS, for some crazy reason, took an interest in Heller in the first place is beyond me. Comparing the character of Alex Mercer/ZEUS at the end of Prototype; the Mercer/ZEUS that was in Prototype 2 wasn't even him. My sister agreed with me when I said that he would've had to've had a mental breakdown or something - all the personalities of the people he consumes he stores inside of himself, the memories that aren't his may have crashed down altogether and destroyed his mind.

But yes, I am on your side; I hate Heller's behaviour and the character that ZEUS became in Prototype 2. And I do hope that you continue this, because it's a wonderful read. Those are insanely hard to come by on this site nowadays.
Thanatos The Forsaken chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
There was a book, Prototype 2 the anchor, that details what happens after prototype.
bloody raptor chapter 8 . 8/23/2013
As a person that really enjoys this story I sincerely hope you continue it. Although I'll understand if you decide not to.
kittlishkat chapter 8 . 8/23/2013
Gonna be honest, I WAS really excited when I went into my email and saw the notification that you'd updated, and the moment that I noticed it was a author's note I was rather disappointed. Buuut I understand. I do.

Also laughed a bit at you mentioning cringing at your old writing, because I REALLY get that. (As I'm a role player.) Ahaha. Oh boy.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know. (Gonna go read the new chapter for New Divide now.)
kittlishkat chapter 2 . 2/27/2013
I've found myself reading this fanfiction over again. Primarily because of your recent one-shot - which I enjoyed reading of course - but also because there's always something really nice about reading this over again. The way you write Alex is easily my headcanon version of him, and I just love this to bits.

Looking forward to whatever you write next, as always.
FollieOfMadness chapter 7 . 12/21/2012
"Sharp rocks at the bottom?"
"Most likely."
"Bring it on."
FollieOfMadness chapter 6 . 12/21/2012
Well, that escalated quickly.
FollieOfMadness chapter 5 . 12/21/2012
And I thank you IMMENSELY for writing this. :)
FollieOfMadness chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
You should have made Alex drink. Drunk Alex is crunk.
FollieOfMadness chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
What do you call a male Black Widow?
Alex Mercer
FollieOfMadness chapter 2 . 12/21/2012
I've seen enough Hentai to know where this is going...
FollieOfMadness chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Good first chapter. Although, Eric isn't a werewolf by any chance, is he? I've seen enough shirtless men to know what they were.