Reviews for Prometheus Rising
Kirani56 chapter 9 . 6/14
It's certainly has been a while since the last review made it here.
Your story, my good friend, is /very/ well made so far. I'm glad I got the chance to read this, even if it isn't to its full completion. The elements that this story holds really give big ideas for what could happen next, and even if you plan to discontinue it, I'm sure just this alone will be appreciated by loyal readers galore.
I am unsure if you'll look back at this story anytime soon, but if you do choose to continue it, we'll all be waiting for the chance to see what crazy ploy you got for us this time :)
Titiaredhead chapter 2 . 11/15/2013
hahaha! Burn slenderman, burn!
Lai Charleaux chapter 9 . 10/13/2013
This story is so fucking GREAT! And it's got the most precious thing, something 95% of the other fanfics don't have: an actual plot. Not a romantic plot, with only the ups and downs of a relationship, but a real story with mysteries and villains and another important characters who are much more than a tool to complicate the main characters' romance. Hell, your story even has it's own world with it's own locations and mythological creatures and religion! And your fantastic description makes me able of picturing everything in my head. Things and reactions seem so real I almost feel like I'm watching a movie.

Arthur being a priest in the Middle Ages suits him so much. I mean, the Church was basically the only source of knowledge at that time, the only place where he could hope to read so many books, or even learn how to read at all, right? But it also suits him questioning It's dogmas. I fucking love the fact that you made him do that. Actually, I love every period of time (fictional or not) in which a religion was so strong and oppressive that people feared it irratonally, or started having internal conflicts about their beliefs. I find it fascinating how something (in this case, the Sky God) that cannot even be proved inspired such terror and pain into people (and that's why I love studying the Middle Ages and the Barroque period at school haha), and the fact that you included all of this in your fanfiction makes everything ten thousand times better. That, added to the mystical creatures we still didn't get a good explanation about, makes everything perfect! Dark fantasy worlds are so great I can't even asdfghjkl;

And oh my god, Alfred is so precious. So kind and so freaking human! His life has been hell, and yet he is so gentle! I want him to be so happy... he deserves everything good. He truly does. After that part when he got back to bury the corpses, I was almost convinced he deserves to be canonized.

Also, holy hell, my heart was thrumming like a beast during that whole chaos in Almsloch. When there's a situation of distress like that in most fanfictions we can tell what is going to happen, but not with this one. There were times when I was like "HOLY FUCK HOW THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO GET OUT OF THIS SHIT?" and then everything would end alright or in a even bigger mystery, like when the Nordics appeared (I also loved the fact that you included them in the story! They are my ultimate babies in Hetalia, I was so happy to see them asdfghjkl;). Oh, and about them being in character, I assure you they're pretty much like the canon ones! Maybe Himaruya's Iceland is a little more stubborn, but this one is completely okay. No need to change anything.

I am reeeeeally curious to know what is going to happen from now on! What the fuck was that priest in Almsloch, and why was everyone so okay with it's presence? What is written in that book? Why are the Nordics so interested in it's contents and in Alfred? What is Alfred, for god's sake? And also, what are they gonna do in Scandinavia? Live happily in a cottage like a married couple? (I wouldn't have many problems with that, you know sdfghjk)

Oh god, you need to keep writing. From what I've gathered you are a very perfectionist person who wants to restart this story to make it flawless, and believe me, I understand you. But the thing is, this story is already fantastic. I know all these compliment are probably not reaching you, because even though everyone says it's great, your internal critic keeps telling you that it's not good enough and that you can do better than that with a little more effort (well, at least that's what happens with me), but, if you really think that all of what has been published here is just a draft, you must remember that you can allow yourself to post it a draft of a bigger and better work. I mean, this story right here that I've just read is already amazing (and there are lots of people who agree with me, your hundreds of reviews and faves show that), but if you really want to give your very fucking best to write it, why don't you make it into a book already? You don't even have to physically publish it, there are many publishing houses that work with e-books to sell on Amazon. Well, what I'm trying to say is: there's no need to be so absurdly perfectionist with this story while it's here, on . Your story is very popular already, even if it's a draft! People love it! Your drafts are the best there are, really. And it's completely fine by us, your readers, if you keep posting it as a draft. The story is yours, of course, but perhaps you could use a complete draft to observe more clearly what you want and doesn't want to change. We love it as it is, and we would certainly buy something published that was based on it!

Oh my, I'm not sure if I made myself clear. The fact that English is not my first language doesn't help. But hey, this is still your story and, although I'm freaking dying of curiosity to know - no, to read what will happen next, you are and will always be free to do whatever you want with it. I just ask you with all my heart that you don't give up on this story because goddammit, it's one of the best ones I've ever read.
RaikouSan chapter 9 . 6/22/2013
-cries- guuuh... I absolutely LOVE this as it is...
However, it is true that this IS your story so the decision is always yours to make.
I guess i'll just have to sit back and wait for updates then..
Guest chapter 9 . 6/19/2013
OK. I respect your need as a writer to rewrite this since it doesn't meet your expectations. I look forward to what it will become later on. Thank you.
yeaMen227 chapter 9 . 6/20/2013
Then baby I will wait for you I'll be looking forward to that big change you're talking about! XD Take your time so it'll be more awesome than ever when you finally put it up:) I'll review again next updaaate:D
mudkiprox chapter 9 . 6/17/2013
I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed that this wasn't an update, but only because I think that the story has been absolutely amazing both times. That being said, I respect you for wanting to make the story as perfect as it can be and I will eagerly await another wonderful go at this. Best of luck with it!
HamburgerWithTea chapter 9 . 6/17/2013
Hmm i can't help but think you're very perfectionistic!

I do understand where you're coming from, though, i also cancelled/restarted some fics due to that reason, or put them on hiatus. do what feels right for you ,as you're the author and you're the only one who is in charge of deciding what to do with it. im sure there will be people who don't understand, but they dont realise that if this were a book it'd still be unpublished and it would be perfectly fine to edit, which must have happened to a lot of books, but instead it's been updated with every chapter, so every mistake/forgotten detail is irreplacable. that's why i think you made a good decision.

i like the story as it is now, love it even, as i've reread it more than 5 times now over the past year (recently restarting once again!), but i belive you know best as you're the author and you know what else will be happening, so despite really looking forward to the continuation of this story, i believe you should do what feels best and i'll support you with all your choices on this matter. I'm already releaved you didn't cancel the fic!

keep up the good work, your writing style is perfect quality and i believe this is one of the most interesting fics i've ever read. you're doing great!
Kate Arduenna chapter 9 . 6/17/2013
Whatever you chose to do with it, I will eagerly await the chance to read it in all its glory. Be strong, rewrite as much as you need to, just give us the chance to see what you have to offer us. Give us your best, and we will give you our undying devotion to your story. Good luck!
lilsis-3 chapter 9 . 6/17/2013
Do whatever you want to it, it's your story, you have every right. And if that's what you decide to do, then I'm excited to read it again.
DancingOnRainbow chapter 9 . 6/17/2013
My first reaction was an outraged scream, something like "BWAAAGH!" xD But I understand that this is your story and you can change it however you want, even if it means that we will have to wait again for you to rewrite it :) This fic is so good that it's worth waiting for, however long :P Good luck in shaping it to the form you like :D
Laruna SilverFox chapter 9 . 6/17/2013
wow...you sure have a way with words...and truthfully i like how the story was but if you say you can do better and want to do better as a fellow reader and lover of fanfics who am i or anyone ells for that matter to stop you...though it truly pains me to have to wait for you to reform this story i will in fact wait, though impatiently. i wish to see what you are truly capable of so good luck and i hope you don't let your recent failures or future failures keep you from finishing this story it has a lot of potential!
ButterflyFlutterCry chapter 9 . 6/16/2013
... Alas, my heart flipped and stuttered and trembled about when I saw the words "Prometheus Rising" in my mailbox. I bounced in my seat and giggled and clicked ... Now, if I said I wasn't even a little disappointed to see an announcement rather than a new chapter, I would be lying. However, after so long with no word about this beautiful story I loved and re-read so many times, the announcement was pretty well received. In the end, this is all I have to say: Tear and break and build and destroy this all you please; it is, as you said, your story and your story alone. Just make one last promise - promise that you will never doubt your ability to write, because you are one of the most fantastic, most inspirational, awe-inducing writers out there, and I aspire to be as great a writer as you.
One final request, selfish as it is and ignored to your desire, is that you please, please keep in touch more. Chapters at a faster pace, of course, are appreciated, but simply knowing that the story is alive, that you haven't given up and that the spark of hope we all kindle for this story has a reason to be alive.
Thank you for your beautiful writing. Please, never give it up.
Symphonyk chapter 9 . 6/16/2013
I say why not? I personally think you've done a great job with both versions (I can't believe I've been around for both versions.) and I think that it can only improve more. You're such a great writer and I feel like it is important that you're also happy with this story. It only ever gets better with someone like you doing the story. I'll be waiting.
bottledinspiration chapter 9 . 6/16/2013