Reviews for Someone That I Would Never Be
usagi-strike chapter 1 . 7/6/2015
You have such diverse, fantastic ideas, and I love how you're able to work through and make all of them so unique.
This was a good one!
snarkyturtle19 chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Very nice story I must say. I really like the way you portray Tea.

By the way, what is a "pall" and a "hob"?
Alpha Taco chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Nice story. I especially enjoyed the song (Or was it a poem?) at the end.
TraballaFriend chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
You are by far the best peachshipper. I think it's mostly because you put the emphasis on Yugi and Anzu not their relationship, the relationship is just there to be taken for granted. I don't actually like peachshipping but I always forget that when I read your stories.
starfire chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Somewhat amusing.
SamCyberCat chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Aw, goodness Anzu... ;_; It's hard not to feel sorry for her here. At least she has those boys to look out for her sometimes, not that she'd admit that to Jounouchi. Also, you're one of the few people I know who'd look into Japanese culture in regards to this sort of stuff and incorporate it into a fanfic and, just, make it work. Really well.
Azurite chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Is it just me, or do you always make Anzu a lousy cook? Not that I dislike it, because it adds to her character and, in the case of this fic, makes things interesting in more ways than one. It's always neat to see a modern, realistic look at a society and culture examined through the lens of fandom, and I do think Anzu's one of those characters where it can be done effectively. But I'm trying to picture her causing the mess you described and it involves impossibly-exploding food items...perhaps something out of a comic movie?

As always, Scrib, great work: detailed, thorough, and sweetly amusing. If only I could get that "egg in my hair" sensation out of my head now...
YumeTakato chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
X3 I enjoyed the story~!
Jennifer Darknight chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
I need to get out there first that you're one of my favorite authors for this fandom, ever. I don't take that lightly since I'm rather picky, but um. I've never reviewed one of your stories before, so I'll just throw that out there first and foremost.

Secondly, I love your Anzu, especially here. It's hard to see Anzu written in a complex manner (it's hard to find Anzu written at all in fanfic these days, really), especially one that doesn't sound whiny or angsty, which you manage to pull off. And I have to applaud your consistency with Japanese culture and the way you bring it up in this fic; maybe this is just because I'm a Japanese major. but things like this tend to stick out a lot for me.

But I think what really cinched this story for me was the ending. Just the way Yuugi seemed to see right through her, and understand her train of thought without her even saying something-it was touching, really. That, and I'm a sucker for Anzu Yuugi (or Anzu x Yuugi) anything, because I've always found their relationship so fun and interesting to read. Long-windedness (though to be honest, I'm sure there are a few other things I should mention, but at the moment I can't seem to bring them to mind) aside, this story was wonderful, like your other work, and I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future.
DragonDancer5150 chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
VERY nice! Poor Anzu . . . she /would/ struggle with that too.
MyAibou chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Beautiful. As always, you nail the complexity of Anzu, and the simplicity of Yugi's love for her (well, for all people, really), and what it might be like to return to the real world after everything they'd been through. But this goes even further, really honing in on what it means to be female in a world that isn't what it used to be, but isn't what it could be, either.

And this line: "her exams for college were looming like … big loomy things. That loomed. A lot." TOTAL Joss Whedon. I actually heard BUFFY'S voice in my head as Anzu thought it.