Reviews for Elfangor's Folly
darklover chapter 22 . 5/22
This fic was absolutely amazing. I really enjoyed it.

I'll admit I expected more of a heart to heart to occur between Elfangor and Loren as well as Ax and that never really happened. It's disappointing. I mean, I get that I suppose it's something that the characters accepted due to Elfangor being in denial with the reality he was in. All part of being a soldier focused on the mission and what not.

I really enjoyed your characterization of all the characters. Loved the flashes of Ax, Elfangor, Tobias, and Loren interacting. Those moments were awesome.

I'm really impressed by your writing.

I'm not sure what ending I prefer. I suppose, I can't help but feel like the first one is the real one even though I wish it were the other ones.

I see you don't seem to be a Tobias/Rachel fan. I'm glad that Tobias does get a happy ending though. I can understand why you didn't want them to actually work out, but it would have been nice for them to work out alongside Loren and Elfangor.
darklover chapter 13 . 5/22
I honestly feel like both versions worked :)
darklover chapter 7 . 4/10
I've always wanted to read an amazing fic with this particular storyline of having Elfangor leading the kids. I really am enjoying it. You're doing a wonderful job keeping the characters in character and being realistic.

I really do appreciate the realism and tension you are building in your story. With that being said, it was surprising to see Elfangor act out of character due to the tension building in him. It's hard to believe that he would go so far as to hurt Ax. I was saddened to see this. I just hope Elfangor is able to improve his relationship with Ax and Loren. They need a serious heart to heart to mend what's happened.

I really liked the line that all warriors are vecols. It's so true. Man, it is depressing how Elfangor knows he will probably die and that he can't help but live for the war. He deserves some peace.
shimodadaisuke chapter 6 . 12/28/2019
This is the second time that i'm readis this story cover to cover, and i already want to cry . Really dude, you should write more often. Excellent take on Elfangor's POV.
MoonKent chapter 22 . 6/16/2019
Just curious, what makes this version of your story 22 chapters and the Ao3 version 39? Are multiple chapters combined here? (It's still awesome, btw! I was searching your username in the vague hope that you would have more recent fanfiction posted elsewhere or something.)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2018
Haha jaws :D
Your characterization of Elfangor is wonderful! (Of everyone actually )
Great first chapter
Outasync chapter 22 . 12/3/2018
Wow. Just… wow. This is such a great AU take on the Animorphs story. All three endings work, though I agree that the first epilogue is the most 'realistic'. All the characters are believable, and you have done a good job of reflecting the lasting horror of war, as well as the ways different ones choose to cope with it.

Thank you for writing and sharing this story. You're clearly a talented writer; do you have any original fiction published?
Pachimew chapter 22 . 9/12/2018
Every few years, I come back and read this story again. It is still, without question, the Best Animorphs Fanfiction I Have Ever Seen. I love it *so* much. Thank you for writing this!
Guest chapter 21 . 6/5/2017
Great story
shyd1 chapter 21 . 10/16/2016
Ugh, just reread this again. Am still loving it so much!
GoldenGriffiness chapter 9 . 7/20/2016
Good chapter. Though couldn't they have tried to arrange him being caught as a natural morphing animal (like a caterpillar)? Might take some work to figure out a workable plan, but that way becoming a nothlit wouldn't be a huge issue
Guest chapter 18 . 4/19/2015
Murder in cold blood? Why is murder in cold blood always portrayed as bad? Just heat the blood up and kill 'em when it's warm if you're going to be a pussy little bitch about it.
Toaofwriting chapter 22 . 4/8/2015
You did a really great job with the story. It was well-written, cleverly thought out, and funny. Good job with the characterizations.
theLadyCheshire chapter 22 . 2/26/2015
Oh my holy heavens. What an epic you've created here! Much kudos to the work you've done. I loved the characterizations of Elfangor, the difference he made in the Animorphs' lives, the things that remained the same (I guess some deaths truly must happen, as with Rachel and Tom). The parts of their childhoods that he was able to save, though, I think were beautiful.
I much preferred the last ending. Elfangor's children were amazing. I've read many fics, but I think this is one of my new favorites.
Guest chapter 22 . 2/26/2015
Skillfully done. I don't have the words to express how I enjoyed this.