Reviews for Elfangor's Folly
Murder in cold blood? Why is murder in cold blood always portrayed as bad? Just heat the blood up and kill 'em when it's warm if you're going to be a pussy little bitch about it.
Toaofwriting chapter 22 . 4/8
You did a really great job with the story. It was well-written, cleverly thought out, and funny. Good job with the characterizations.
theLadyCheshire chapter 22 . 2/26
Oh my holy heavens. What an epic you've created here! Much kudos to the work you've done. I loved the characterizations of Elfangor, the difference he made in the Animorphs' lives, the things that remained the same (I guess some deaths truly must happen, as with Rachel and Tom). The parts of their childhoods that he was able to save, though, I think were beautiful.
I much preferred the last ending. Elfangor's children were amazing. I've read many fics, but I think this is one of my new favorites.
Skillfully done. I don't have the words to express how I enjoyed this.
yorunoyukihana chapter 22 . 12/16/2014
this is one of the most amazing, believable, and well-written fics I've ever read and it gives a unique insight into all the different characters, especially Elfangor's, and the Andalite homeworld. ur really talented! please keep writing :D
flynhghr chapter 3 . 11/20/2014
This story is the one that can keep me going. I don't know what it is.. but I won't argue. I won't blame, but there is a lot of word misplacement. Things like their instead of there and the like. There is also the obvious mistake of an Andalite talking about his Stomach. Tummy, perhaps. Midsection or gut, that works. However, a being that absorbs his nutrients from his feet, wouldn't have a stomach. Yeah, -yeah-it's semantics and I fault myself for noticing such, but is it not incorrect? I also miss the true in-fighting. I mean the spots where it all seems hopeless and voila', bring on the badass rach or whatever that saves the day. I mean intellectual cliff-hangers are neat, this series was born with acute situations (mostly).
mountainelements chapter 21 . 11/1/2014
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it, but I like how you expanded Andalite culture and how you gave explanations for things in the books like the time limit on morphing.
mountainelements chapter 22 . 11/1/2014
This story is pretty interesting. I wish I could give more details on exactly what is good about it, but it's hard for me to put my finger on it. I especially liked the relationship Alan Fangor and Loren had with the kids and how you gave 3 epilogues.

The story really needs to be edited though. There are a number of misspellings, mistakes, and inconsistencies. For example, Elfangor told Visser One, originally Visser Three, that they met several times in human forms, but I only remember one instance in the story. You might want to adjust some characterization a little as well. Sometimes nearly everyone was thoroughly unlikeable. It got a bit tedious how almost everyone hated Elfangor and Andalites towards the end.
shyd1 chapter 21 . 10/21/2014
Cute!
...I can't believe I just marathoned this again! I applaud you for finishing this enormous undertaking!
Rat-Man chapter 22 . 7/17/2014
Fantastic! Characters acted like themselves and were well developed. I love how you got Loren and Arbron in on the action too-I always wondered what happened to them. In short, this was the best Animorph fic I have ever come across! Well done!

PS-I like your version better then Applegate's.
PPS-I like the several epilogues . All were good though the third was my favorite by far.
RiyoTaka chapter 22 . 7/10/2014
Man, I totally love this story! I love the subtle changes that happened, and though it seems that the Animorphs avoided a lot of trouble (Tobias as nothlit, David, and a few of their other adventures), I love that you gave them just as many trials of your own creation.

Also, I have to tell you, Epilogue 2 has got to be my favorite ever! I love your depiction of the Andalite society (Especially when it is from Noorlin and Forlay's points of view. You describe the Andalite psyche brilliantly.

I wish that you would expand on that ending (though it is perfect as it is), but it would be fun to see the reactions to the more hidden knowledge like Elfangor's relationship to Tobias, and Zefer (or the other children) learning of Loren's history.
Maybe an original piece that follows after their own adventure, bring back the Ellimist or The One or something.
I would totally read it.

In short: LOVE IT!

-Artie
WrathofSchw4rtz chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Was combing around for fan fiction to read and I came across this one. The idea of the story caught my interest. Next thing I knew I spent 3 weeks reading this story. I read Animorphs when I was in elementary school. Number three was the first one I read. Was hooked from there. When I read this story you brought back those happy memories of reading those books and got me to buy all of them to read again. Your story was awesome. And I loved your three endings. To anybody reading the reviews this is a must read.
Webdog177 chapter 22 . 5/1/2014
.It. That's all.

Lol no, actually I had some specific things I would like to comment on, but since I hate spoilers in comments, I will PM you instead with them.

Thanks for writing such an amazing and beautiful story! You have some serious talent! .

Peace!
Lyrashin chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
Really good story. I enjoyed myself very much while reading it.

I would have liked a bit more of Tobias /Elfangor interraction, however, the ending was enough to make me happy : it was a GREAT idea to make several epilogues for each possible ending. I especially liked the Andalite one !

Well, I think that your work was great (and you must have devoted a lot of your time writting it), so I HAD to tell. I think that this story deserve more reviews that what it currently does.
shyd1 chapter 22 . 2/7/2014
Wow.
I didn't even know I needed this in my life until I started reading, and could. not. stop!
Everything was amazing! I feel like this is what I always hoped animorphs would be.
When I got to your (terrifying!) three ending scenarios I was like, "of course I'm going straight to the one where he survives normally!"
...but then I realized that of course I had to see where you would take each version, and your writing and the point of views (Tobias! SQUEEE!) were just wonderful.
I think in my personal perfect version this story would have never ended and also contained much more Elfangor-Tobias father-son woobiness. Otherwise, it's actually really rather perfect and beautiful. :)
Thank you for writing this amazing piece, even though I lost an entire day to it!