Reviews for The Poet and the Pendulum
Tawny chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Im so glad Autor didn't die!
PenAndInkPrincess chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Haha! Brilliant! Only Autor would have the mind set to point out the irony in a life and death battle. And talking with Uzura so she wouldn't bang on her drum! Wonderful job!
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Oh, the battle between Autor and the Bookman was intense! o.o

And poor Fakir, unable to do anything about Ahiru getting hurt. ;_; And then being torn between helping Autor and rushing out to help Ahiru...

Aww, Uzura is so cute! But it's heartbreaking her asking why Autor won't wake up. ;_; **and likes how you included the bit about Fakir asking where she's heard about death.**

I loved the scene with Autor and Uzura! Especially her feeling important and wanting to do something for him, and then asking him all those questions. She's so cute and innocent! And aww, her leaning against him and saying she's glad he didn't die was so adorable! X3
xxFireWarriorxx chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Aw, that was really very lovely. :) We never did find out what happened to Autor in that last episode. Only that he apparantly recovered since he was seen in the credits yelling at Hermia and Lysander to "please be a little quieter." XD

But this was really nice to read because it definitely covered up a glaring plot-hole. :)

You captured Autor's feelings stunningly in this piece. Wonderful work! :D
AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Aw! This was great! Nice missing scene. :D I was kinda surprised you had the bookman wander off. I always figured Autor had killed him in the finale. Not anything against Autor, of course, its just that it looks like he's straightening up from strangling the guy or something in his last scene. But, yeah, anyway. lol I am glad you wrote this. I liked your portrayal of Autor a lot. I find him and his motivations hard to characterize, but you offered a nice veiw of him here. :)

Cool story.
Tia-Lewise chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Aww, that was awesome!

Isn't Poet and the Pendulum a Nightwish song? I liek Nightwish :D
Moon Shadow Magic chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I like this! I always considered the one- winged, completely crazed Bookman such a nice touch in the episode... I think you get Autor's utter panic quite well, and the idea that for the first time he's exerting himself this way and it isn't even *for* himself (and he hates that.) And then getting 'helped' by Uzura and facing some very hard questions! I think his Bad Luck Day fulfills the theme nicely.

Only a few things you might want to check- I think you mean "spurred" instead of "spurned," and "lie" rather than "lay" down.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Wow, such an intense opening! Poor Autor!

The concept of the Bookman is intriguing, and I love Autor's comment about the irony of fighting him with a book.

But yikes at what happens to him, though! Ahiru and Fakir tending to him was very squee. I also like how Autor's first words upon awakening were about his concerns for the story as opposed to himself.

LOL, Uzura's cute. XD And it's interesting how she's able to tell that there's some animosity between Fakir and Autor-and how she totally points out that he was concerned for Fakir. X3 (LOL, Autor reminds me of Newkirk in that respect...)

The end scene was very squee, too.