Reviews for Orcs in Hobbiton
LadyLindariel chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
I'm taking it either the man was the weeping woman's husband or she's scared
Marchwriter chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this! You know how much I love your Orc stories and have indulged my curiosity on the subject on multiple occasions. The way you suggest so much with so few words makes these little drabbles all the more chilling through a lack of detail, letting the readers' imagination fill in the horrible dark holes that the idea of Orcs in the Shire represent. Your Orc characters are not shallow Always Chaotic Evil but rich in their own villainy.

I want to write villains like this. :)

Great job!

Marchwriter
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 3 . 11/23/2013
This is a little longer than I expected. :D Sometimes it amazes me how much can be fit into so few words.

I love the beginning: a nice philosophical exploration that still manages to hold onto the Orcs.

This was another interesting scene as well; it had more development of both character and setting, and gives a bit of a humane feel to the Orcs, that they do more than simply fight - that they can observe as well - and this scene reminds me of what Frodo saw in Galadriel's mirror as well. A clever allusion to canon there.
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 2 . 11/23/2013
"...Awake again but just as bored" - that switches subjects, so I think it works better on its own line.

Another interesting little drabble. The scene is a little less well defined here; are they still at Bree or have they moved on now? In any case, the way you characterise the Orcs is interesting: giving them little things in their speech or manner that separate them as characters rather than one clump. The air the Orcs portray is nicely creepy as well; they do come out somewhat savage and violent, and I can see why there would be prejudice against them from the other side, but it also suggests a little bit about the larger world. Looking forward to seeing more of that.

The last two lines are a little confusing as well. Who's speaking there? And holds what high?
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
This one looked like it had lesser reviews, so I thought I would review it. :D

An interesting AU; it's somewhat like the AU where Voldermort would win in the HP world and yet it's something I haven't stumbled across before. Your little snippet is a nice one as well: it doesn't do much to tell of the overall state of affairs, but rather the state of affairs in a scene that has some significance in both the first and the last books with Aragorn's presence. The use of the word "fawn" is interesting as well; it immediately puts a barrier between the Orcs and these half-men. I think the comma before "who fawn" is unnecessary, but apart from that little nitprick from me, this quick scene was very nicely orchestrated.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 13 . 7/23/2013
How very interesting. Well written and intriguing, yes, very intriguing indeed.
CoonFluxCan chapter 10 . 1/14/2013
You have a good grasp of the english language. English was once a second language for me but I suppose I can say it's my first language now. Usually when I read stories in english I can't understand the sentence structure but for some reason I have no trouble with your writing style. I like the way you write your orcs. One thing that confuses me about orcs is the whole uruk and uruk-hai thing; are all orcs uruk-hai or just uruks?
CoonFluxCan chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Orcs in Hobbiton? You monster!
Hamfast Gamgee chapter 13 . 3/14/2012
Having given this a quick look, I must say that it does give a little chill down my spine to read about all of these Orcs crawling over the Shire and in particular the sign of the eye fluttering over Hobbiton. And it seems that the Inn etiquette has declined a little. What would Barliman say? Not that that would make much difference! The tale is well-written, though AU, obviously! The only point I might suggest is that you don't have to have an AU tale to tell of the evils in Middle-Earth. Unless you want to go in for a bit of Hobbit abuse I suppose :) Look at the Silmarillion plenty of evil things happen to some of the characters. The fate of the followers of Beren and Finrod in Sauron's dungeons for example. Overall, good tale though.
Goblin Witch chapter 11 . 3/9/2012
Oh good GOD. It's like all my dreams and hopes have come together in a dark, organic, thought-provoking series of chapters. I cannot thank you enough for giving light to the desperate need for not-completely-hostile interraction between goblins and hobbits.

And, as someone who shipped hobbit/goblin before knowing what shipping was, I must inform you that you are without a doubt the biggest tease I've ever met. "Fregar" needs a ten-book series and TV show made out of it.
amlugwen chapter 12 . 2/21/2012
uruks lifting hobbits for apple picking

orcs with straw hats O_O

lovely picture

and the uruk getting hit with the apple in the eye *giggle*

goes to the vet? eh?

oh well nothing is perfect, the trees having numbers is certainly a scratch in the idyllic picture... but it's probably not the only one
amlugwen chapter 10 . 2/21/2012
they made the vet to doctor? ew. well...

very very creepy .

not so nice then...
amlugwen chapter 7 . 2/21/2012
... this is kind of creepy

orc milking goat ...
amlugwen chapter 5 . 2/21/2012
whut? I am not sure I got it right, but I want to know where this leads! so the orcs free the shire from sarumans folk and place themselves there... interesting!

the orcs seem pretty nice O_O for orcs, wonder how long they stay that way

poor Grima gets to eat rats and dead hobbits :( not often that i pity him

like the style too
helenamarkos chapter 12 . 2/17/2012
This, I think, is my favorite chapter. The visual image of goblins in straw hats is brilliant, and actually makes a lot of sense. I also really like how this envisions the hobbit's (new) social structure. It would make sense that under Sauron's dictatorship, society would run a lot more like communism.