Reviews for An Unlikely Hero
Morgane Lurker chapter 10 . 8/30/2011
Why, great to see you back on writing this :D!

I don't know how you do it, making these long fact-filled paragraphs so interesting that I read them to the last letter. It's great anyway, and I'm looking forward to the next leap in the story.

(Moreover, congratulations to the new job and place!)
Underground Homesick Alien chapter 9 . 9/24/2010
This was great! It's full of all kinds of little mini-situations that are very interesting and cool to read, like AJ and Edwin at the video game and Amanda's mom finding out about him hiding there...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm liking the development of the story a lot! And that you have a lot of characters, but they all have their own personalities and contributions to the story. I talk and think about AJ too much, so I'll just say that his rampage, and the resulting discussions, were great. But your other characters are great too.

One last thing: that part at the end about South Africa and the U.S. and weapons, I can totally see that happening. Sadly.
Morgane Lurker chapter 8 . 8/22/2010
Hi, just read through this story at a stretch, so you can probably tell it interested me. At first I felt a little worried that this woul end in a Mary-Sue-fest far from everything in the way of D9, but you've managed to write some really intriguing characters and work them into the universe. I keep nodding and thinking 'yes, that's what the release of the D9-documentary would lead to'.

Definitely enjoyed the beginning, with the argumentative discussion on aliens' equality with humans. James' theory on the Poleepkwa being pirates was interesting.

Glue as medical help? The best I've read in a while ).

Also, I'm glad the portrayals of humans and aliens are pretty nuanced. Both sides have their prejudices against each other, but there are good people in both camps, and one understands where they're coming from.

Will be interesting to see where you take this, especially when the aliens return. Will they choose diplomacy? If not, can humanity survive it?

Definitely looking forward to the next chapters.
Underground Homesick Alien chapter 8 . 8/19/2010
Nice, this chapter seems to kind of kick-start some more of the story's plot. The other chapters were fine, also, but I was getting worried about it eventually not having anywhere to go. Then I thought that revealing James' father to be a general was kind of heavy-handed, but the details in this chapter make it all make sense.

"Melissa hoped diplomacy would win, but with CJ telling the story it was highly unlikely the Poleepkwa would choose diplomacy as their first response." illustrates the whole problem with the future of the District's world in a single sentence. The humans' tendency has always been to shoot and take advantage; the returning aliens probably will not be in a mood for diplomacy, especially with what CJ knows about MNU's illegal experiments, which was what really prompted him to run in the first place.

Big chapters are a good idea! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see where the story will go next, now that it's really on its way!
Ember Filled Mist chapter 7 . 8/16/2010
LOL, alright, I will! The return of your presence/story is like sun to my world, water to my river, salt to my frechfries(but not too much)! Oh, how glorious it is to see that there is more on the way and that it is to be soon! ...Is that good enough? XD

Nah, but seriously, great to read more of this again... James is... well, I wanna say a loveable asshole. . . xD Can't wait to read what happens next! Happy writing and I hope to read some original work someday.

-Misteh
Jeral Bryant chapter 7 . 8/14/2010
Welcome back and great story. I kind of laughed at AJ's reaction when he was found out. I could clearly see that happening.
Underground Homesick Alien chapter 7 . 8/10/2010
Interesting...AJ is the character technically doing the least, but the whole story is kind of centered around him. He's definitely my favorite character; the thoughts he has about the humans are really great and fun to read.

Welcome back, also, and thanks for the review!
Ember Filled Mist chapter 6 . 7/21/2010
I quite liked the added touch of this chapter... I think it was well organized. AJ, I think we both agree that human are interesting creatures- not to mention confusing. I really enjoy the opinions and facts that you put in, it makes the story that much more realistic. Can't wait for more on the story and plot developements. ;D

-Misteh
Hemlockdalise chapter 5 . 7/19/2010
Great chapter (great story so far) but I think you mean British Petroleum, unless you're going for nuclear power. I will get back to reading the rest of this now.
Fangirl1987 chapter 4 . 7/6/2010
D: MISS MUFFIN! NUUUUUUU!
Underground Homesick Alien chapter 6 . 6/27/2010
It wasn't bad writing. I liked the beginning and the dialogue with his son. And the ending was good too. It was all good! But that last paragraph especially. It's interesting to see how Edwin, younger, kind of takes everything in stride while AJ isn't so sure of himself.
southern hickup chapter 5 . 6/6/2010
Ms. Muffin! *sigh* a.j...well it can't be helped, I really liked this chapter, it certonly cleared up the air :) can't wait for more
Underground Homesick Alien chapter 5 . 6/6/2010
This is great. It explains why the whole world seems like a real mess.

Trying/being unable to communicate our human perspective on things to poleepkwa, to me, is what District 9 is all about. It would be easier for no one to try or really care. But then there are people like Emmie who are doing their jobs for different reasons than the rest of the people in MNU.

Also I think it's reasonable to assume that a species like the poleepkwa who may have more of a hive rather than individual mentality, would progress slower than humans. Good insight.

Definitely the best chapter so far.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/29/2010
Geat stuff! I love how you incorperated how Emmie & Mellissa met with the cat's death. While his intentions were good, Alexander didn't get the desired effect. xD Can't wait for the next installment
Underground Homesick Alien chapter 3 . 5/18/2010
When you can, you should keep writing this. The characters are great and Alexander's distrust of the humans/the doctors only there for selfish reasons are pretty realistic. Good story so far!