Reviews for A Seal upon thine Heart
demeter d chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
The wordy review between Virtuella and Silivren Tinu is mine. I do not know what I did to make it turn out anonymous.
Danielle chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I really liked this, and found the ending moving. Its good to be reminded that Galadriel, too, would suffer as a result of Arwen's decision. Well written.
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Arwen is awesome. :D Nice story, hopeful yet sad too. :)
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
*sigh* Arwen's fate is so sad, but the love she and Aragorn share is so beautiful and touching! Poor Elrond, Celebrian, and Galadriel, though. A wonderful story, Linda! It captures the bittersweetness of their love perfectly. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I have seen a few fan-fictions which intimate that Galadriel somehow set Arwen up to fall in love when she allowed Aragorn sanctuary, and dressed him as an Elven lord. It makes her seem quite scheming and manipulative! I think this rings more truly. Here, she only read what was already in her Grandaughter's heart. She talked about some good things that might come of Arwen's choosing to sacrifice for love. 'I would ear to lose, you, but I would rather see you happy...' I like the nickname, "little star". It gives the great and mysterious Galadriel a tender side. The end, with Galadriel weeping privately, reminds me of what she told Frodo after they had looked into her mirror. She told him what she hoped might happen to the Three Rings after Sauron's defeat, and what she feared might really happen. She told him that even if her time was over and she and the Elves faded from Middle Earth, she would make the sacrifice for the greater cause of good. This feels like that. Until the re-making of the world...That is my hope, as well.
Virtuella chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
And so Galadriel accomplishes what Elrond will find so difficult: to let Arwen go gracefully. Very nice story.
Deandra chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Interesting to see what Galadriel's thoughts might have been about this union. It is easy to forget her relationship to Arwen.

- Deandra
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I'm so glad you posted this here so everyone can enjoy it!
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Nice little fic, and the romance isn't overdone. Very good job!
24 | « Prev Page 1 2