Reviews for A Silly Muggle Custom
DDAriSieg chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
You don't like James? Hm.. Come to think of it, I don't think I used to like him much either. Being a victim of bullying myself, it was hard not to dislike him. And the books never quite did enough to make up for that - Not to me, at least.
Don't get me wrong, I know that people do all kinds of stupid things as children, and mature as they get older. ... Still. I never quite forgave him XD (Also because it was a great shock to me at the time his "true" nature was revealed in the books. Before that I saw him as more of a funny prankster.. So maybe I'm basically disappointed in this character.

However, I have on occasion been 'forced' to be James for roleplaying and the like (As he attended Hogwarts, none the less), and as such I simply had to think up some psychological excuses/explanations for his behaviour... So in my roleplay-fanon-version I do like the character. So this part of me felt strangely offended.

But as I said.. I can definitely see where you're coming from. Also, he's one of the least fleshed out characters, so atleast it's kind of hard to love him.

And I'm sorry for going on and on about my relationship to James O.o Come to think of it, you might not care too much. XD

On the other had, I do hope and wish that you would write something about Remus at some point: He is my all-time favorite Anyway!

This was a nice piece, it really shows the harsh reality in very few words, not to mention it captures the fact that they were just 21, and not really "adults" yet..
robbstarkswoman chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Oh nice work. :)

I really like it.

And wow, can't believe you dislike his character, but fair enough, we all have characters we don't like.

Well done.
Gitana del Sol chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
oh! this was so heart-wrenching! i love this! love this love this love this!

and i am sorry that you do not like James. i know he is an ass but i love him and Sirius :)

oh and i am favouriting you as an author. you are too good
nigerutmea anima chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This was really good! I love how you contrasted the intensity and violence of war with the lightheartedness of being a teenager. I also love the last line of this; it was really, really well written, and pulled everything togther. Amazing job!
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
For not loving James, you quite nailed him! ;) I like this and it's a pity this isn'z longer!

Another fav! ;)
jjjc chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
This is short and sweet, all the struggle during the

first war, I can't think of ANYONE dislikeing James, but it's a very nice story!
Converse.and.Tshirts chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
this was good. but how can you not like James?
harrypotternerdgirl chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
km chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
This is fantastic. I love your drabbles. You're great at really capturing a character and their emotion. Wonderful.
XxEmeraldAndPlatinumForeverxX chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
I don't like James either, but this is well-written. :D

I must be getting annoying, reviewing everything you write...but you're good!
PenonPaperFingersonKeys chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
LOve the story,
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
How sad. :'(. And sweet.
xoxLewrahxox chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
I loved this. It was a really sweet fic, and shows how much James's wishes have changed since he was a teenager,and how he has wishes that are more like hopes.

I also like the repetition you have in here of the word: "wishes" as it suggests that James's thinks that they must happen otherwise life will not be worth living.

My favourite line was:

"Whose life, whose safety should he wish for? Should he wish for justice, for victory, to wake up from this nightmare?" as it is so poignant (Is that how you spell it?), and shows how much James's needs the battle between the Death Eaters and The Order to end. It also made me feel very sympathetic towards James as he is compelled to make a decision which without the battle between The DE's and The Order would be an easier.

This was a fantastic idea!

Great work!

-Sarah x
lunaleth chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
I completely adore this. So bittersweet.

Amazing job :)

Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Haha. I'm with you on this one - I was never a fan of James. I mean, in theory he ought to be a really interesting, 3D character - a bully from the good side is quite unusual, after all - but somehow he always left me indifferent. I just never felt he was as well-developed as Remus or Sirius, or even Peter and Lily, who we don't see as much of either. I don't know. I can't really explain my James dislike, I just know that it's there.

I don't recall anything about candles, sorry . . . . my mind is drawing a blank on that! But even if it is mentioned, I'd be willing to overlook it, because this is cute. Even for a James fic. ;D

I thought his mention of "for Lily to say yes" was really quite adorable, and I loved the "wishes like prayers" line. There's a song I love ("My Skin" by Natalie Merchant) and though I really don't know why, that line made me think of it. Random, I know. Anyway. I love how torn he is ("whose safetly should he wish for") but my favourite one was this line : "James wishes that next year, he can waste his wish on a broomstick."

And that was a perfect closing image . . . .

Nice work! xD