Reviews for Downbeat
arios chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Loved, loved Beckett's and Lanie's exchange.
ladyevenstar22 chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
more we want more! u write lanie and kate really well together!
ApollaCammi chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
And I missed this one too. Shame on me. *shakes head*

I'm trying to decide what I like best about this story, the interaction between Lanie and Ryan or the interaction between Lanie and Beckett. I think they're tied.

Needless to say, Kevin's next bout of procrastination with Castle at the coffee machine was not over Sid Vicious, but over exactly what was wrong with this tie. - This? Perfectly perfect. I'll admit it's a little odd that Castle doesn't have any dialogue in this piece - you know, considering how much he talks on the show, but you do a great job with the two of them. (Although I *was* curious as to where that hot tub manuscript diasppeared to - another oneshot of the same day, perhaps? Castle and Beckett before Ryan gets to the office?)

Hands down my favourite pieces of dialogue: "If it's more death, leave a message after my suicidal shrieking."/"Easy, Scream, I'm just here for your keys."

"He c-? Lanie, are you thinking of dating Esposito?"/"He's a great guy. Those are kind of a dying breed."

The Samantha Who crack was epic. And yes, Beckett, it totally is denial. That's okay though, I'm good with waiting.

Love your stuff, dear, eagerly awaiting more - whenever RL gives you a break, that is.
ladybrin chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
i really did like this one even better than the one where he stayed home sick- but in the other we did actually get a lanie/javier moment- anyway- it was nice seeing what she thinks of my boy since she can be cool with him- anyway- more soon and heat it up- haha- thanks
LouphiaTheHobbit chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
looooove this! totally love this! you HAVE to write more. SOOOOOOOON!
Aquamarine07 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Heehee! This was fabulous! I laughed the whole time! :)
Viktorija chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Loved it! :) As I said, we need more Lanie&Esposito fanfic ASAP. Great job!
amy chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
every bit as good as the original. loved the one-liners (the sandwich, 'rounding up,' 'have my sources') and the recurring joke about wasting time at the coffee machine. although can't really picture kate hanging out in a bar and being so in-your-face about lanie's private life, the show has indicated that she might be a bit of fun outside of work, so again, you've made it believable.

just wonderin' though... is the Bar Crawl incident canon or shall we be expecting another story from you?
Texasgrl16 chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I love it! I think they would be so cute!
D.D.B chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
OMG. The Kate/Lanie conversation is WIN. On an epic scale. Their voices are authentic, I love the Lanie brand of denial, and I can totally picture Kate's face when introduced to the idea of Esposito being cute. LOL! It's so awkward at first for Lanie, and then Kate jumps on the 'ship with us, and her final sentence about him being a great guy and they're if a dying breed is to perfect.

You need to be writing for the show, because this is some awesome plot. Srsly. :-)

I'm gobbling all this up, and moving on to the next one...I hope there's lots more to come!
Dingbat142001 chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Oh you should really continue this. I'd love to see what she decides. Go for it! Oh really, I adore it! I like how Lanie was feeling a little awkward, it's so not her, but the fact that she confided in Kate had me happy. Talk it out, girl. LOVE!
between the waves chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
I pretty much died laughing a few minutes ago. Lanie's got attitude. Also, effective threats. It's an excellent combo, hehe. Could do without some of the denial though, lol. She and Kate are kinda similar that way.
NOBLAHBLAHBLAH chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Ok, I loved it! Oh so much! I loved the Ryan and Lanie talk, cause that's always going to be awesome! I also loved the girl talk! I also loved how Lanie was unsure about Esposito, when she sounds like she's about to go gaga over him if given more time. I love your writing! It's an awesome mix of humor, and romance, and it's just awesome! You have to write another story with this pairing! I know that it'd be awesome!
The Novelist in Training chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
haha, this was great, i loved the humor, and teasing...it's so hard to get the teasing just right
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Okay, I love this and would like to see more. Hope this isn't a oneshot! I'd also like to see some Castle/Beckett in this one, along with Lanie/Esposito. I don't want much, do I? lol Can't help it. This is good!