Reviews for Renegade
Ryder10 chapter 13 . 4/10
I'm loving the story but I feel like you went too big too soon. I mean Saren is nothing compared to a Battlemind and who cares about the Reapers? You've shown that the Scrin have far surpassed any human technology available. What's stopping them from ripping through humanity and the rest of the galaxy? How do you top the Battlemind literally killing Shepard? Kill her again?
Last Harlequin chapter 17 . 11/12/2016
I really enjoyed this story, the level of depth and consistency you give to your stories really is refreshingly good. The characters are written interestingly and the action is smooth and easy to follow. I will freely admit I'm sad to see this story on hold or cancelled as it hasn't been updated in several years. I hope to see it returned to as I find it more enjoyable than the base lore of either its source materials.
Guest chapter 17 . 10/26/2016
UPDATE WHEN
No really, Renegade and your Tiberium wars novellization are much more entertaining to read than your later works(yes I am talking about Vigil). Probably due to the fact that you didn't make an ugly mishmash of fandoms and force it into one crossover. I hope that you don't try to supplement your writing skill with cramming as much different universes as possible. You are one of the few people on this cesspool of the site whose stories are actually worth reading. Hell, you'll maybe even become a professional writer but that's just wishful thinking on my part I guess.
May your muse be kind to you.
CaptainDavidBlake chapter 17 . 8/4/2016
This was amazing and seriously badass.

It saddens me greatly that t his story hasn't been updated in quite a long time, because it exhales quality. It is well-written, well thought off, and just plain fun.

It was a great read, but it itches me not knowing what happens next.
Alkeni chapter 17 . 5/11/2016
This really is a fascinating fic. If you ever side to update it, I'd love to read it.
ayleid chapter 1 . 5/2/2016
I have a rebuttal!
However the Brotherhood came into possession of the intelligence and technology (advanced laser weaponry, ship stealth systems) they used to pull off that dramatic rescue, letting the GDI take possession of these assets, with their extensive industrial base and influence, would have yielded greater results in the long term.
Any takers?
Guest chapter 16 . 3/27/2016
Nathan wouldn't happen to have any relations out in the Verse, would he? Say, living on and/or in charge of a certain transport ship crewed by a lovable band of ne'er-do-wells with a flare for mischief and big damn entrances, perhaps?
Hey, it just occurred to me: Human frigates in Mass Effect are named for historical battles, i.e. the Normandy and your Kursk and Thermopylae...and Mal named his Firefly for the Battle of Serenity Valley. Funny coincidence, no?
Skaz Wolfman chapter 13 . 3/24/2016
Holy sheep's balls. You're a badass making machine, you know that, right? You've made badasses out of characters generally given the Scrappy treatment by Mass Effect fans, such as Kaidan, Jacob, and Miranda. You've made a badass out of random GDI mooks-whom you were refreshingly unafraid of killing off to keep shit real-and even a quad-swinging pair of C-Sec officers (one of whom was a volus. You badassed a VOLUS, and with only two scenes, you magnificent bastard!) You made an even bigger badass than usual out of Garrus and Kal'Reegar, you've made a more believable than usual badass out of Shepard, and with a single moment, not even a full scene, you've even made a badass out of Goddamn Udina, who is easily my most hated Mass Effect character of them all! I have chills over here, and I'm afraid it might be from testosterone poisoning! With all of these badasses running around, Shep's REALLY going to have to work for it to keep her spot as Number One Badass Motherfucker. And all of this is just your first arc! I have incredibly high hopes for the rest of this story (favoriting, btw) and I hope to enjoy much more of your ludicrous literary badassery. Also, I think I've used up my monthly allotment for the word 'badass', but it was worth it!
Until next review... :3
Skaz Wolfman chapter 9 . 3/24/2016
Your creative descriptions of combat and dedication to thorough research are inspiring. Consider this one a win, mon ami. I got chills when Kaidan biotic-judo threw Zaeed's Wolverine. Nice.
Skaz Wolfman chapter 8 . 3/20/2016
I like Zaeed's style. If he's anywhere near this hardcore in canon, I might actually have to cave and get his DLC. I look forward to next chapter's brutal awesomeness.
Skaz Wolfman chapter 7 . 3/20/2016
I didn't think anyone could turn Garrus into a Spectre and make it even more awesome than it already was in my head...but you did. Turian Jack Bauer and the Kool-Aid Man, indeed.
Incidentally, I first heard about this fic on TVTropes, and while I already thought it sounded cool it was one of the recommending tropers mentioning your comparison of Spectre!Garrus to 'turian Jack Bauer and the Kool-Aid Man' that convinced me that I HAD to read this. So far, I do not regret that decision.
Also, Sniper Batman was totally the first thing I thought when I met up with Garrus in Mass Effect 2.
Skaz Wolfman chapter 6 . 3/20/2016
Yeah, Kane knows how to got things done. Admittedly, I think the Council kind of folded a little too quickly there...but f*** it, it's Kane! Whereas other C&C villains may need psychic powers or time machines to got there way (looking at you, Red Alert Universe) Kane gets by with pure force of personality. And, you know, a bunch of lasers, assassins, lasers, spies, lasers, tiberium tech, lasers, and other neat toys. And lasers. But mostly he just has an overwhelming wealth of fanaticism-inducing charisma.
Also, I think I slightly shat myself at 'Spectre Vakarian'. All the yes.
Skaz Wolfman chapter 5 . 3/20/2016
IN THE NAME! OF! KAAAAAAAAAAAAANE! Yes! One of my favorite Magnificent Bastards in all of video game history, and one of my favorite C&C characters of all. Yuri's got nothing on this guy.
Skaz Wolfman chapter 4 . 3/20/2016
Well, I've got to hand it to you. You certainly managed to give Jenkins a much nobler and glorious ending than canon did. I mean, hell, if you're going to red-shirt someone you may as well at least let them do something memorable first; that's always been my thought, anyways. Good job.
Guest chapter 17 . 2/20/2016
I could not possibly be more sad that this hasn't been updated