Reviews for Renegade
CaptainDavidBlake chapter 17 . 8/4
This was amazing and seriously badass.

It saddens me greatly that t his story hasn't been updated in quite a long time, because it exhales quality. It is well-written, well thought off, and just plain fun.

It was a great read, but it itches me not knowing what happens next.
Alkeni chapter 17 . 5/11
This really is a fascinating fic. If you ever side to update it, I'd love to read it.
ayleid chapter 1 . 5/2
I have a rebuttal!
However the Brotherhood came into possession of the intelligence and technology (advanced laser weaponry, ship stealth systems) they used to pull off that dramatic rescue, letting the GDI take possession of these assets, with their extensive industrial base and influence, would have yielded greater results in the long term.
Any takers?
Nathan wouldn't happen to have any relations out in the Verse, would he? Say, living on and/or in charge of a certain transport ship crewed by a lovable band of ne'er-do-wells with a flare for mischief and big damn entrances, perhaps?
Hey, it just occurred to me: Human frigates in Mass Effect are named for historical battles, i.e. the Normandy and your Kursk and Thermopylae...and Mal named his Firefly for the Battle of Serenity Valley. Funny coincidence, no?
Chris of the Skazes chapter 13 . 3/24
Holy sheep's balls. You're a badass making machine, you know that, right? You've made badasses out of characters generally given the Scrappy treatment by Mass Effect fans, such as Kaidan, Jacob, and Miranda. You've made a badass out of random GDI mooks-whom you were refreshingly unafraid of killing off to keep shit real-and even a quad-swinging pair of C-Sec officers (one of whom was a volus. You badassed a VOLUS, and with only two scenes, you magnificent bastard!) You made an even bigger badass than usual out of Garrus and Kal'Reegar, you've made a more believable than usual badass out of Shepard, and with a single moment, not even a full scene, you've even made a badass out of Goddamn Udina, who is easily my most hated Mass Effect character of them all! I have chills over here, and I'm afraid it might be from testosterone poisoning! With all of these badasses running around, Shep's REALLY going to have to work for it to keep her spot as Number One Badass Motherfucker. And all of this is just your first arc! I have incredibly high hopes for the rest of this story (favoriting, btw) and I hope to enjoy much more of your ludicrous literary badassery. Also, I think I've used up my monthly allotment for the word 'badass', but it was worth it!
Until next review... :3
Chris of the Skazes chapter 9 . 3/24
Your creative descriptions of combat and dedication to thorough research are inspiring. Consider this one a win, mon ami. I got chills when Kaidan biotic-judo threw Zaeed's Wolverine. Nice.
Chris of the Skazes chapter 8 . 3/20
I like Zaeed's style. If he's anywhere near this hardcore in canon, I might actually have to cave and get his DLC. I look forward to next chapter's brutal awesomeness.
Chris of the Skazes chapter 7 . 3/20
I didn't think anyone could turn Garrus into a Spectre and make it even more awesome than it already was in my head...but you did. Turian Jack Bauer and the Kool-Aid Man, indeed.
Incidentally, I first heard about this fic on TVTropes, and while I already thought it sounded cool it was one of the recommending tropers mentioning your comparison of Spectre!Garrus to 'turian Jack Bauer and the Kool-Aid Man' that convinced me that I HAD to read this. So far, I do not regret that decision.
Also, Sniper Batman was totally the first thing I thought when I met up with Garrus in Mass Effect 2.
Chris of the Skazes chapter 6 . 3/20
Yeah, Kane knows how to got things done. Admittedly, I think the Council kind of folded a little too quickly there...but f*** it, it's Kane! Whereas other C&C villains may need psychic powers or time machines to got there way (looking at you, Red Alert Universe) Kane gets by with pure force of personality. And, you know, a bunch of lasers, assassins, lasers, spies, lasers, tiberium tech, lasers, and other neat toys. And lasers. But mostly he just has an overwhelming wealth of fanaticism-inducing charisma.
Also, I think I slightly shat myself at 'Spectre Vakarian'. All the yes.
Chris of the Skazes chapter 5 . 3/20
IN THE NAME! OF! KAAAAAAAAAAAAANE! Yes! One of my favorite Magnificent Bastards in all of video game history, and one of my favorite C&C characters of all. Yuri's got nothing on this guy.
Chris of the Skazes chapter 4 . 3/20
Well, I've got to hand it to you. You certainly managed to give Jenkins a much nobler and glorious ending than canon did. I mean, hell, if you're going to red-shirt someone you may as well at least let them do something memorable first; that's always been my thought, anyways. Good job.
I could not possibly be more sad that this hasn't been updated
Aotearas chapter 17 . 1/20
Please, PLEASE continue this fic.
And when I'm already begging, please continue Tiberium Wars too.

*puppy eyes*
SirMandokarla chapter 5 . 8/30/2015
Brilliant! Well written, with just the right amount of description to keep things informative but not bore those more versed in the geography, and enough dialogue to begin developing characters without bogging down the action.

I especially like the little touches, things that require extensive thought on the repercussions of the crossover, like Terra Firma's power under a GDI rule, or Nod's actions and motivations, or even Shepard's increased xenophobia.
SirMandokarla chapter 2 . 8/27/2015
THIS! This is how you combine two universes! Fantastic job with the relations, with political and culural response, and with adapting each history to fit the other. I've never been more impressed by the cohesion of a crossover.