Reviews for Renegade
Knives91 chapter 7 . 4/19/2011
Best Garus. Ever. Period.

Top notch writing. More please!
Unknown2615 chapter 7 . 4/19/2011
OH. MY. GOD.

You sir, need to update this story as soon as physically possible. I was laughing so hard I turned purple and got a cramp, it was that good. My favorite kind of humor involves reckless destruction and horrifying concepts where everyone around the involved party is fearing for either their sanity and/or lives while the party itself is completely serious and straight faced. This chapter hit that button with a freaking sledgehammer.
CharNobyl chapter 7 . 4/19/2011
...well. I think this feeling is what they call a 'nerdgasm'. Oh well. Review time. It'll probably be easier if I just list stuff that stood out in particular, and if I can come up with anything, give some constructive criticism.

The crossover is...well, as close to perfect as I've ever seen. The GDI fits in perfectly to the ME faction roster, and (quite frankly) I've never seen a crossover this smoothly done. You know those stories you find occasionally that are so well done, they feel like canon? Yeah, this'd be one of those.

On the note of seamless integration of C&C into ME...Jesus, mate. In quite a few ways, the GDI you've depicted is a lot more interesting than the Systems Alliance. The relations between factions are not only original and interesting, they're stunningly believable.

The development of the GDI in this universe is great, too. The Werewolf arms system seems exactly like something the GDI would do with the discovery of ME tech (Smaller, lighter gun parts? More room for more gun!).

I gotta say, though, you really took the idea of the 'ripple effect' and ran with it. In fact, you took it and ran a damn marathon. Everyone who's in a dramatically different location/profession from their game counterpart has every reason to be there given the changes to the universe. Garrus joins the Spectres when the Council expands them in response to GDI influence, Miranda finds employment with the most charismatic chessmaster in the galaxy, and-

-oh, right, Nihlus. I guess I've always had a soft spot for him, possibly because he always felt like he was supposed to get more screen time, yet didn't.

You mention in Chapter 6 that it took a while for you because of how long it took to get Kane's dialogue right...well, it was clearly time well spent, because he sounded perfect. Charismatic, convincing, and a little bit insane.

I liked the bit you gave to Jenkins. Well-written, obviously, but it also helped to drive home why the GDI is the military power that it is.

I was pleasantly surprised by Chapter 7. It had a considerably lighter tone (or at least more consistently) than previous chapters, and most of it felt quite natural. Garrus *does* strike me as the type who would do the same thing repeatedly if it consistently works. And I cracked up when you described him as, "...the unholy fusion...of Jack Bauer and the Kool-Aid Man." I can't wait to meet Admiral Parker, too. He sounds like barrel of fun.

Since this is a review, I suppose I ought to come up with some kind of criticism...

...Erm...

Oh, here we go. A few typos scattered around, though nothing major in the slightest. And I was a bit surprised by the lack of GDI heavy armor. Any chance we can see what the Steel Talons have been up to for the past century and a half? For whatever reason, I have a mental image of a Wolverine shoulder-charging a geth armature.

At any rate, let's bring this unnecessarily long review to a close. Amazing story, easy addition to my favs and alert list, and glad to see such a phenomenal story from a fellow SBer.
42nd-Ghoul chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
Some might say that, a combat scene and a character's introduction is to little material for a full chapter to run on; apparently that is not the case. Granted it's Garrus, a character I already loved as the delightfully awkward "Sniper Batman". All-in-all excellent extrapolation and characterization for Garrus (The same could be said for pretty much all the characters really) and I was tickled that you've manage to carry in Garrus' particular brand of humor. No more a dynamic entry could have been made without a cargo loader. And Havoc? Meeting Renegade-Specter Garrus? With Shepard-often-cited-as-biggest-badass-in-the-galaxy introducing them (Pending anyway)?...Wow, that is gonna be good.

As usual great expansion and sensibility when it comes to the combined universe your having to portray here, and an extra quarian in the mix? Also a pretty solid writing for the personal combat scene, considering all the things the combatants had available to them. Can't wait for the next chapter. Great writing as always.
ViktorMayrin chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
And apparently no Tali. I'm a little sad. Is the male Quarian Kal'Reegor? Because that would be all kinds of awesome.
Northern-megas chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
This fic, is full of win. Keep up the great work!

"Luck runs out, skill doesn't."
BlackOps04 chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
HAHAHA! This made my day! Garrus "Bauer-Aid" Vakarian's flashbacks were both hilarious and fitting to his character. I'll be looking forward to Garrus meeting Havoc and even more so to them unleashing unholy amounts of mass destruction on Saren and the Reapers (and anything foolish/unlucky enough to get in the way).

Keep up the good work!
hdp chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
"I'm on a rachni."

this whole chapter is made of win.
S058 chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
Jack Bauer Garrus...

I like it. It's what I expected Omega to make him into. Will Tali be playing a role in this, by chance?
Hendy853 chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
Oh dear God, i never realized just how badass Garrus could be. I always knew he was a badass, but this is taking it to a whole new level. Great chapter.
Aasharu chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
I love this chapter. Let's review - we have overkill Garrus, Admiral "Havoc" Parker V, and a male quarian who was captured to find the location of a female quarian - Kal'Reegar and Tali, I hope? Really, I'm impressed at how you've managed Garrus' alterations from canon - he remains recognizably Garrus, but the alternate history involved makes him distinctly different from his canon counterpart. That's hard to do, yet you do it quite well.
badkidoh chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
Another great chapter.
undeadyeti chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
Oh Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!

thank you peptuck this chapter has made a bad day better.
Eipok chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
"'Smug: I am on a rachni.'" ROFL An Elchor Old Spice ad!

"'Again?' Shepard asked.

'I've yet to encounter a potentially dangerous situation that can't be defused by smashing through a wall,' Garrus replied."

"On the one hand, there was an elite covert operative whose general approach to problems was apparently 'Overkill?' and 'Kneecaps!'"

I fucking love this Garrus! Hehe, a Turian Cool-Aid man! I love you so much it's unreal.

God I love this story. Fantastic job. This is rapidly turning into my favorite Mass Effect crossover of all time!
ArchAngelGundam chapter 7 . 4/18/2011
Havoc. I like. I take it that the 'male' quarrian means no Tali. Pity.
535 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »