Reviews for Grief Reflected
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Awesome tag, full of brotherliness and emotion. You were so inside their heads with this fic. Loved how Sam didn't want to leave until he knew Bobby would be okay, and them sitting outside his house all night was so believable, as was Bobby coming out and giving them a nod the next day.

So sorry to hear about your father-in-law, my thoughts are with you.
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
That was beautiful! It just touched my heart - very well done! This was the perfect tag to DMDWP. Stunning. The brotherliness was so spot-on. Not overdone, not out of character. I loved it! And not gonna lie, the fact that Dean's head was on Sam's shoulder made me squee like crazy!

I loved this! And I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. You and your family will be in my prayers!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
A quietly melancholy tag for an episode that was anything but quiet.

"His experiences with love started and ended with family." Yes. That.

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Wherever he is, I bet he loved your story.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I love that verse and it IS very appropriate.

Thank you for this lovely fic, my dear. Show usually leaves us hanging with stuff like this and it's up to us to fill in the blanks. You did it beautifully. Loved the silent communication between Bobby and the boys after the night had passed. *sniff*

I'm so very sorry for your loss, my friend. That kind of pain takes time to heal. Know that you have lots of people who love you and are praying for you and your family at this time.

*hugs*
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
wonderful
EnsignRo chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Lovely little tag to the epi..
Becks Rylynn chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Wow. Such a beautiful tag to such a heart rendering episode. Jim, Jensen and Jared were at their best. Not to mention the actress who played Karen (I'm sorry, I'm totally blanking on her name). She portrayed her perfectly. How she clung to making pies like she was clinging to a small string of normalcy. Anyway, this tag was astonishingly perfect. It felt so real, so in character and so right for the episode. You did a beautiful job of capturing their emotions. It was like I was feeling it with them. Also, I have to say I love the mention of Lisa. She is one female character I loved. (Plus, come on, Ben's SO Dean Winchester's kid.)

''To them, he's just an old guy who couldn't cope with life.'' There is something so tragic about that line. Probably because it is so true. Not just for Bobby but for so many people out there in the real world.

That poem has always been a favourite of mine, I love that you added it. It does seem very fitting, doesn't it?

I know you've probably heard this so many times already and it may be starting to lose meaning, but I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with your family. I'm sure your father-in-law would love his dedication. *hugs*

Love and Kisses,

Becks Rylynn
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
What a lovely tag to a heart wrenching episode. It may have had the theme of zombies, but to Bobby it was about losing the love of his life again. Jim Beaver turned in a wonderful performance.

I love how you had the brothers stay the night just watching the house, watching over Bobby and in the morning Bobby acknowledged the boys, letting them know they could leave.

Dean's thoughts, remembering the feeling when Sam died and knowing that Sam has felt the same pain because of Jess's death and even Dean's, you did a great job writing that.

The poem at the end has always been a favorite of mine, Phx made a good choice. I'm sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Lovely.

I really felt for Bobby in 'Dead Men...' I was also a bit worried for his life (Please don't kill Bobby, Kripke! I'm begging!)

This was a wonderful tag to it. I don't think I'll ever tire of reading your work. :)

Menthol Pixie
carocali chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
"It hit Dean then, how his brother must know exactly what Bobby was going through right now. While Dean had been in love with Cassie, he hadn't been consumed by her or felt she was his soulmate. His experiences with love started and ended with family. Love that inspired devotion, sparked protectiveness and loyalty, and engendered fondness and caring, but never that Romeo and Juliet kind of love.

Sure, he'd pictured a life with Lisa, fantasized about it even, and he probably could have fallen in love with her given a little more time. Although, watching what the pain of loss had done to his Dad, and Sam, and now Bobby, it was enough to turn Dean away from romantic love altogether."

I think you capture this beautifully. Loss is loss, regardless, but when it's someone you love beyond your family, it makes it all the more difficult. I can see Sam making Dean stay to watch out for Bobby based on his own needs after Jess.

Heartfelt and lovely. I especially love the nod from Bobby to the boys in the morning; no words spoken.

Sincere condolences for your loss as well. I'm sure he'd love this dedication!
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
There was so much more than zombies to this week’s episode. This was a lovely addition to the ‘much more.’ It beautifully illustrated the bond between the boys and Bobby, even in the midst of the apocalypse.

“Sure, he'd pictured a life with Lisa, fantasized about it even, and he probably could have fallen in love with her given a little more time. Although, watching what the pain of loss had done to his Dad, and Sam, and now Bobby, it was enough to turn Dean away from romantic love altogether.” Ouch – so sad, but so true.

“…his ever emotionally unpredictable brother” – what a spot-on way to describe Sam.

And how perfectly you captured Bobby’s grief.

Beautifully heart-wrenching.

Cheers, Sculls
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Lovely, gentle and awesome hon, it captures the emotion without being over the top or sappy or hard to read because of the pain-in fact that small ache in the chest is why you keep reading, for the gentle and deeply felt resolution you offer.

Huge hugs and Five Impalas idling outside your house, with Sam and Dean waiting to see if you're okay! (Invite them in girl, it's night and they need pie!)
Phx chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
This is such an awesome tag to a heartwrenching episode in their lives. And I love that althought Bobby in essence drove them away, they refuse to leave until they know he going to be okay.

I am glad you liked the poem. I thought it fitting.

take care!