Reviews for Postage to Paris
Melan Anime chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Kiryu-Misty... i like that couple a lot!
Poetic-Drug chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Wow, just wow.

I do like the concept of this story. The whole content of it - Misty not being a people person and getting the odd email off of Aki and Carly seemed a pretty accurate in-canon screening, at least to me it did. And Kiryu sending the odd letter out of the blue seemed quite sweet as well, however it does not leave me wondering - did he do it because he felt lonely? That's one thing I'd love to know.

Also, your sentencing structure, was simply, but effective. It allows the flow of the story to run more smoothly, since you break the structures and thoughts equally, dividing it and allowing the reader to have a clear understanding of what is actually being conveyed. And it kind of links to the text - feelings are better presented with words. Which is kind of what the story is about, no?

For the added in French- which by the way, was strong and affective, as it gives the reader a roaming sense of mystery to it- I didn't see much wrong with it. Me, not being a perfect French speaker myself, but knowing a little, have one small thing to correct:

'Me pardonner' is probably better known as 'Exu-sez moi.' the latter is a more common way of saying exuse me, so yeah. That's all I can really suggest. The French seemed very accurate, however, this is the opinion of a 14 year old girl whom learns French from 2 classes every 2 weeks, so yeah.

This couple is generally cute in it's ow unique way, and you portrayed it in a very mature fashion, where Misty was definetly in character :) Well done.
partner555 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I like it
Deviltrigger Dante chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
this is a great one shot. you should really make a sequel!
Akytsu Frozen chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Hi there and good fic you should think in a sequel about Misti an Kyriu meeting (lemon maybe jajajajaja) well see ya later you rock!
Arcee-chan chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
This is a cute story. ) I liked it and favorited it.
Ginneke chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
For not being a French speaker, and the only link with the language being 25 years old, I'd say you've done pretty well here Lucarly. There are one or two places where I think it could have flowed a little smoother though.

"Me pardonner," for example, would read a more naturally as "Excusez-moi." Similarly, towards the end you wrote "Je partirai maintenant." 'partirai' is one of two ways you can express an action that will occur in the future, and in this case you've used the version which expresses an action some distance into the future. In this case you would want to use "Je vais partir" instead.

There was one typo that I noticed, but it wasn't a major one. Just a 'to' where you meant to write 'the'.

Otherwise, I liked this. I agree to some extent on it not being as immediately accessible as some of your other works, but Misty doesn't particularly strike me as a people-person, so I don't mind the slight emotional detatchment. Her connection to Kiryu is also interesting, and the fact that she too can remember fragments of her time as a Dark Signer. (I always thought she would, as otherwise she would revert to blaming Aki again.)

I'll find some time to properly read The Silver Rings in the near future. Until then, happy writing!
jenuinetears chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
very cute, but it creeps me out how Kalin got her address. Hm, I think that just -maybe- Misty could've gotten along with the other girls. just -maybe-. I liked it, but I've read your other stories, and even though this one isn't one of the best, it's still good. :)
Misty Narumi chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
very cute story! I liked the idea of Kiryu and Misty sending letters to each other (wonder how Kiryu got her address...)

although, the girl is Nico and the boy is West...

Nice job as always! :D
Anime-Angel-1099 chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
LuCarly I enjoyed reading this fic you are a great Yu-Gi-oh 5Ds writer I hope to read ore of your stories, ttyl Angel
TeamSatisfactionFangirl chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Aw, it's so cute, I wish I could go to Paris one day.
Blueberry Momoko chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Dear LuCarly-san,

What a cute story! I loved the idea that Kiryu writes Misty from Crashtown! (Where did he get her adress?) But, there is one thing that kind of bugged me. The kids that Kiryu's with during the Crashtown episodes are named Nicko and West, Nicko being the girl and West being the boy. Other than that, I loved it! Hope to see more from you!
Kelisidina chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I thought the French was fine D

Critique... Hmm... I thought "Misty" was too redundant, but not enough for me to wanna edit it myself. Trust me, there are stories like that D:

The idea was cute and sweet as usual... I'm not sure I felt the character in this, but we never really got to know her that well. No grammar/spelling mistakes which I could see.

Overall, it tops a few stories I've read in this section, but I know you can do better! It wasn't bad, but I didn't feel as though it showcased your true potential as a writer. Still cute though xD;
RedemptionWarrior chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I followed along by using an online translator. It was translating accurately, so I assume you were doing it right. This was rather cute, so I'll say, "Good Job!"