Reviews for Abandoned
MerryLittleMess chapter 12 . 8/30/2015
Wow. This is an amazing story, although the ending wasn't what I expected. No great fight scenes, no banishing the invaders with magic... just plain old politics. It might not resemble the show a lot, but I really liked it. Well done!
danisonval chapter 12 . 8/22/2015
A unique premise and an intriguing plot, keeping all answers hidden until the two chapters. I thought Arthur's progression from shock to his eventual acceptance and dealing with a situation beyond his control was well done and within character.
somebodyknightmerlinalready chapter 12 . 3/15/2013
Huh. That was a really interesting story! It was pretty well written, and you really made the characters your own. Good job! :3
Kitty O chapter 12 . 10/28/2011
Well that was talky! So Arthur rules with Saxons backing him. Better than he ever could have hoped for. And being gay did the old man in as well as allowed Merlin and Morgana to hook up and no one really cared.. And Mordred is next in line.

To be honest, I hate politics. I dont understand them. So though I hurt my brain and got what had happened, I'm afraid most of the well plotted genius was lost on me. But Iknow it was clever!

Your writing style is good, though of course not flawless, and you have some punctuation problems.
Kitty O chapter 11 . 10/28/2011
THats a bit better, though I think Uther would have more likely done something... Stupid. xD
Kitty O chapter 8 . 10/28/2011
Merlin has the best ideas!

Well, first my problems with it. I don't think everyone was strictly IC. Gaius was out. And Uther. Unless you've got a twist explaining his abandonment, cuz what the heck? This is Uther! He loves Arthur more than life! That's pretty much it.

I think it's a good story- and how cool that, with a bit of POV switching, the Saxons could easily be the good guys.

I'm not sure how you'll end this... I read on your profile that you aren't crazy about happy endings, so we'll see.
Starzinmieyez chapter 12 . 7/23/2011
Brilliant ending. I love the 10 years later thing...Future scenes rock! :D And Merlin and Morgana together is just cute :D Shame about Gaius and Eric :( Uther can go to hell though XD Awesome fic! Great job!
Starzinmieyez chapter 11 . 7/23/2011
Last chapter next :(
Starzinmieyez chapter 9 . 7/23/2011
I'm glad Arthur knows about Merlin's magic ;)
Starzinmieyez chapter 7 . 7/23/2011
Haha, so the healer woman earlier in this fic wasn't Morgana...
Starzinmieyez chapter 6 . 7/23/2011
Poor Merlin, being beaten up! Athur's feeling very sorry for himself...At least he ate something xD I love Gaius in this chapter; he's so awesomeley awesome! I admire his stubborn attitude and his good reasoning ;D Shame he's just a TV character, so I can't go ask him for advice... XD
Starzinmieyez chapter 4 . 7/23/2011
Ooooh, at least Arthur has some random healer woman on his side :) Is is Morgana? I shall have to read on... ;D
Starzinmieyez chapter 3 . 7/23/2011
How could Uther do such a thing?
Annabell Leigh chapter 3 . 2/14/2011
You need to work on blending action and introspection. The fifth paragraph is a good example of this- it is almost completely action, when the the actions are just crying out for some introspection. I also suggest keeping the POV closer to Arthur- a distant narrator doesn't add anything to this piece.
Annabell Leigh chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
I really like the content of your stories- I think you do an excellent job creating a complex world full of vibrant characters. You clearly have a fully conceived place for events to unfold in.

I would suggest writing shorter sentences, or at least varying sentence length more than you do. Some of your sentences would be stronger if you rearranged them: "Being busy defending their estates, Camelot's barons hadn't dreamed of reducing their military forces by sending help to the capital" could become "Camelot's barons, busy defending their estates, hadn't dreamed...".