Reviews for Murderess
ComingAndGoingByBubble chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
AHHHHH! This was AMAZING! A great fantastic alternate ending that I kind of wanted to happen, and was a bit disappointed when it wasn't Vera. Love, love, love this!
Bubble
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
That was chilling. Really and truly chilling. The idea of Vera not only being the murderer, but being so unhinged as to plan it all out, deeply unsettled me.

I like how you explained the reasoning behind it; the fact that she felt a rush of power and control after killing Cyril made her all the more reprehensible, yet you mixed in a twinge of pity for her with the "Help me," that no one would listen to.

My favorite part was the inclusion of Hugo, Cyril, and some of the murder victims at the end; I only wish you could have included all nine of the other 'Indians,' but perhaps some of them, like Marston or the Rogers couple, might not have made such an impact upon Vera.

All in all, I enjoyed reading this clever twist, and it cast new light on the haunting events of And Then There Were None.

(Out of curiosity, who did you play in the ATTWN play? And have you read any of Agatha Christie's other works? She's a genius.)
Mrs. James Norrington chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Ooooh, creepy. This is utterly fantastic.

I've been playing Vera for a while now (one more week to go) and this is something like the mental image I had when for some reason, on opening night, I started laughing after Lombard's death. (We altered the play's ending to include Lombard actually dying, some creepy dialog between Vera and the voice of Cyril, and a hanging stunt involving a cable, a harness, and a noose.) Apparently, I managed to convince everyone in the audience-and perhaps even myself-that I was the actual killer, and then our Wargrave has to come out with his crazy monologue and ruin it all for me. xD

Just the whole, overall, mad, dizzy tone of this fic was...wonderful.

You, my friend, rock.

The dialog between Vera and the voices in her head was completely convincing and top-notch. I'll definitely be thinking of it when I'm conversing with our offstage Cyril this week...

You made me want to get another voice to play Hugo and add your brilliant lines to our script-too bad it's too late in the production for that. Props. Major props.
ariex04 chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Creepy, but good, especially the hallucinations at the end.
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Excellent! I love your take on what could have happened.
Jane Poirot chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Wow...holy crap, that's all I have to say. I remember when I was speculating over the murderer's identity when still in the process of (please don't kill me)...playing the game (*wince* yeah, I know, but the game isn't as bad as the more strict purists insist, though I do wish I had started with the book)...

But enough of my rambling. Allow me to explain why I enjoyed this...I was perplexed over the thought of Vera being the killer. I thought to myself, "She would've had the motive to kill Cyril, but why would she kill the others?" Your explanation does seem plausable-that her murder of Cyril drove her to crave power over others. It's a bit of a stretch, but I like Evil!Vera.

A well-written, interesting observation of what could've been. Great job!
Ohemmgeeit'sAlex chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I liked it a lot. It was a nice change to have Vera be the killer instead of the judge. )