Reviews for Close Your Eyes, Clear Your Heart
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 14 . 4/29
I'm definitely feeling an Indiana Jones vibe with this chapter - reminds me of the "we'll force you to acquire/use the thing we want" gambit from Last Crusad, though it seems like Henry Jones Sr. fared better than poor Snakes?!
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 12 . 4/27
Sorry, I'm still here making my way through the story! XD I really liked Mai's role here, especially her driving. I missed her too, lol. She was a fitting ally for the gang, since she's also dealing with running from the past, in a way.

And the description of the German countryside made me really want to go back there!
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 5 . 4/17
I just want to take a moment to appreciate the chapter titles. ALSO I really loved the Ishtars making a cameo, I missed them. :3

And Duke grousing about having to go to wal mart was great, haha.
peaches chapter 17 . 3/23
Aww I just loved this...David and Duke rock! So happy that Duke gave up being part of yugis gang amd realized that having Serenity, Snakes and of course the awesome David was enough...I have to agree with Starshine about not seeing Duke and Serenity as a couple until now...you really make them bring out the best in each other! They are such a great match... Thank you thank you thank you for such an awesome story!
starshine chapter 17 . 3/23
Sorry I am using an old phone with a cracked screen and it makes a lot of mistakes plus my english is not the best but I try..Awesome ending to an awesome long going story. Really loved how everything turned out and I really hope to see more from you. Duke and Serenity's talk was so sweet! Him thanking her for always being there for him and being so patient with him. I could really feel the unconditional love that they have for one another. When Joey said that Duke was so lucky to have her he was right. David's reuion with his family was so precious too. So glad that he is here to stay. Thank you so much for sticking with this story! You are amazing! Thank you! Thank you! :)
starshine chapter 17 . 3/23
Awesome ending to an awesome long going story. Really loved how everything turned out and I really hope to see more from you. Duke amd Serenity's talk was so sweet! Him thanking him for always being there for him and being so patient with him. I could really feel the unconditional love that they have for one another. When Joey said that Duke was so lucky to have her he was right. David's reuion with his family was so precious too. So glad that he is here to stay. Thank you so much for sticking with this story! You are amazing!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 17 . 3/23
Ah, poor David with all those messages. That will be difficult for everyone, definitely.

But the homecoming was very perfect! Of course Joey would react to Snakes that way, heh. But I do love that he later admitted he could see why Serenity had to do what she did.

I also loved the mention that Solomon had pieced together the details on his own; he never really got enough credit for his knowledge on the show.

Duke and Snakes's conversation was great, too. And Snakes's observation that they're a team of four now, just like Yugi-tachi, was very squeeful! Aww, so Snakes will be heading back LA soon? I certainly hope we'll see him around in the future!

Duke and David's conversation was very sobering, but it was one they both needed to have. I also love the descriptions of that scene, of "the city twinkling peacefully under the night sky" -very lovely!

There's clearly a bit of understandable uncertainty, but it looks as though everyone will heal and move forward from this.

A perfect ending to this fic! Awesome!
Harry2 chapter 17 . 3/23
A very nice ending to this LONG running story! And its good to see some good friends together for this story. And now, I need to get back to some of my stories. I'm even working on a BTVS/YGO crossover set during Battle City. I think that you will find it interesting once I get it up online for one and all to read. Keep up the great work and for your muse, I offer a slice of Chocolate cake with Ice cream as a reward for doing such a great job on this tale.
starshine chapter 16 . 3/21
I meant to review chapter 16 I was reading chapter 6 again and forgot to go back. Sorry.
starshine chapter 6 . 3/21
This is amazing. I read lead me through the fire and loved it so much. I could never see Duke and Serenity being a couple until I discovered you. Now that Duke and David remember everything I wonder if Duke and his girl will have a moment to reminisce about what happened in lead me. It was such tearful moment when Serenity found out Duke was alive after he saved her from being hit by that car. It was such a sweet moment to me knowing she would keep his secret and he did everything in his power to keep her and Joey safe. I never actually read how they became a couple though. I read the one when Duke said he date with her and then he and Tristan had a fight at school during an earthquake. After that is that when they became a couple? I am curious. Anyway I am glad you are continuing this story. Keep up the awesome work!
shelzyrae chapter 16 . 3/16
Yaaaaay Mai! And yes Serenity is so strong yet so precious. Really loved this chapter and how it all turned out. So glad that Duke and "his spoiled lady" had a sweet moment. I laughed when David said get a room.
peaches chapter 16 . 3/16
Really liked David and Duke's conversation...Duke is so sweet and really loves Serenity.
I am really glad that Mai is going to make things right with Joey too..
Can't wait to see what happens next!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 16 . 3/15
Aww, Mai. Her story makes sense; and it's just tragic luck that things worked out the way they did. And I loved Serenity saying that she always believed in her.

Duke and David's discussion of things was very squeeful. Yes, Serenity is not that scared little girl anymore!

And gah, Mai. Well... I should've seen that coming. I do like Snakes trying to convince her about unselfishness not always making people happy. And yes, her letter was perfect! Definitely in character, but opening up the many possibilities!

You're wrapping this up very nicely! Looking forward to the epilogue!
Harry2 chapter 16 . 3/15
Well, we got some answers from Mai about what she has been up to and who she was working for. And I DO hope that she goes back to Domino and gets together with Joey. Those two DO deserve to be together!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 15 . 3/12
Duke's protectiveness in the beginning was perfect-just grab those close and run. And not wanting to leave Snakes behind, but then realizing that they have no choice. Gah.

And argh, Von Tassel! Yes, I must confirm my last assessment of him. Very despicable villain. I'd say he ranks up there with Vivalene.

Nail-biting escape there, and squee, Snakes! Seeing Duke so genuinely happy for him and David was wonderful.

Loved the mentions of Atem, Shadi, and Yami B. Heh, good times.

And aww, the discussion of Tristan... Yeah.

And yikes, that was a surprise! Gah, now I'm curious as to the other guy's connection with... her.